U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2013, 11:23 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,752,909 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinawina View Post
I hated the fact that I had to watch them constantly. And whenever we went to visit someone else, I would not have any fun because I'd just end up following the little humans around the new space pulling things out of their hands and mouths for the entire time. LOL

Then I'd try to get a little space to breathe, but they'd follow me to the bathroom or come wake me up from a nap.

Little sh*ts. I say that with love. LOL
That's a very good picture. Either they're having to follow you around, or else you have to make sure to be following them around.

You really have to make sure you're enjoying those few years of toddlerhood because they're gone way too fast.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2013, 07:09 AM

4,268 posts, read 13,720,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
You really have to make sure you're enjoying those few years of toddlerhood because they're gone way too fast.
This is so true! All the "annoying" thing my toddler does right now that drives me nuts when I think about it I'm going to miss when she's older. Kids grow up too fast these days. I'm going to do my best to slow it down!

Old 06-18-2013, 08:48 AM

67 posts, read 104,794 times
Yup ... the visiting other people is a nightmare. As is the fact my daughter can pick the bathroom lock

Old 06-18-2013, 10:27 AM

1,058 posts, read 1,709,347 times
I have not had a toddler in well over a decade but when in a room with a little person my hand still automatically reaches out and covers those nasty end table corners. I hated visiting friends/family who did not have kid safe homes, one can never really relax. My in-laws had an in-ground pool when my DS was a toddler, visiting them gave me nightmares. I knew what a Houdini he was and don't think I took a hand off of him the entire 2 week visit. I was exhausted when we returned home and I swore never again, grammy and grampie could come visit us. Once was enough

Old 06-18-2013, 12:07 PM

I worry more about what my two year old whirling dervish can do to someone's home rather than what it can do to her lol.

Old 06-18-2013, 12:17 PM

14,777 posts, read 34,544,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildinvirginia View Post
I worry more about what my two year old whirling dervish can do to someone's home rather than what it can do to her lol.
Having in-laws who own a fully restored and appropriately decorated and furnished Victorian home...I know what you are talking about. Maybe it was because we had multiple kids (3 in 5 years), but we pretty much gave up on the whole "baby proofing" thing and decided to let Darwin decide, lol.

Old 06-18-2013, 12:36 PM

1,137 posts, read 1,144,729 times
I have a 24 month old and an 11 month old so I keep pretty busy when at home. Obviously the normal stuff is frustrating, the tentrums, constant cleaning up and need for attention, diaper changing etc etc etc

However aside from all that I think the thing that is most frustrating is my son who is 24 months is starting to communicate but I can't always understand him or decipher what he is trying to say to me. I long for the day when I can have a real conversation with him.

I also worry about their safety a lot when they're not in my presence.

Old 06-18-2013, 12:57 PM

14,777 posts, read 34,544,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Declan's Dad View Post
I have a 24 month old and an 11 month old so I keep pretty busy when at home. Obviously the normal stuff is frustrating, the tentrums, constant cleaning up and need for attention, diaper changing etc etc etc
It's all a drain when you are living it, but try to find joy in the fact you can still be superman. When the biggest problem in their world is that they pooped their pants or their favorite toy's batteries died, you can still fix that in a jiffy.

Quote:
However aside from all that I think the thing that is most frustrating is my son who is 24 months is starting to communicate but I can't always understand him or decipher what he is trying to say to me. I long for the day when I can have a real conversation with him.
...and once he starts talking you will be longing for the day he'll stop for five consecutive minutes, lol.

Quote:
I also worry about their safety a lot when they're not in my presence.
It's not easy, but you have to get over that one.

Old 06-18-2013, 01:21 PM

Pah ha ha NJGOAT ... great attitude. I adopt the "I gave you fair warning when I said move anything less than four feet off the ground". I get told "Babyoroif your kid, not my house" to which I say "Let's take a two pronged approach" lol. Babyproof a two year old? Hmmmm .... Fortunately she behaves better out than at home

Old 06-19-2013, 08:21 AM

15,203 posts, read 16,066,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Declan's Dad View Post

However aside from all that I think the thing that is most frustrating is my son who is 24 months is starting to communicate but I can't always understand him or decipher what he is trying to say to me. I long for the day when I can have a real conversation with him.I also worry about their safety a lot when they're not in my presence.
It will get here. There were times, usually in the car, when we would pay my daughter a quarter if she would agree to not talk for 10 minutes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting