U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2014, 12:59 PM

6,319 posts, read 5,225,827 times

Advertisements

Bit of a breakthrough, she actually did a tiny tiny wee on the potty this evening! After I told her she could have a taste of OH's ice cream if she did one...

I've got one more week of work before I'm off for the summer, she has two weeks more of daycare but I'm think I'll take her out a week early and really concentrate on the potty training as I'm hoping I can get her out of nappies in the daytime by the time we go on our holiday (first week of August).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2014, 01:02 PM

1,034 posts, read 1,051,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsku View Post
Bit of a breakthrough, she actually did a tiny tiny wee on the potty this evening! After I told her she could have a taste of OH's ice cream if she did one...

I've got one more week of work before I'm off for the summer, she has two weeks more of daycare but I'm think I'll take her out a week early and really concentrate on the potty training as I'm hoping I can get her out of nappies in the daytime by the time we go on our holiday (first week of August).
thats awesome! Looks like the bribing is working!!!

Old 06-26-2014, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maila View Post
thats awesome! Looks like the bribing is working!!!
Good ol' bribery!

Old 06-28-2014, 02:32 AM

Another wee on the potty last night before bed and today I put her in knickers and told her to tell me when she needs to wee and just a little while ago she ran over, said she needs to use the potty and went and used it!! If she continues to use the potty all weekend then I think I shall send her to daycare next week in knickers (with lots of spare clothes!)

Old 06-28-2014, 03:02 AM

42,223 posts, read 49,768,169 times
Help us out...

My 2.5 yr old boy speaks in full sentences.
He asks for a book or ipad and goes to poo behind a curtain or in the pantry (after demanding that we "Stay right there!"). He then comes out and tells us he wants his diaper changed.

Any attempt to get him to use the potty is immediately rebuffed. He doesn't want to touch it, look at it, hear about it...let alone sit on it. That is true of two different kiddie potties or the big potty (real toilet).

He KNOWS what goes on with the potty because he watches everyone else potty, insists on seeing what is in the potty, and flushes the potty.

So...what do y'all suggest?

Old 06-28-2014, 04:00 AM

21,141 posts, read 22,112,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Help us out...

My 2.5 yr old boy speaks in full sentences.
He asks for a book or ipad and goes to poo behind a curtain or in the pantry (after demanding that we "Stay right there!"). He then comes out and tells us he wants his diaper changed.

Any attempt to get him to use the potty is immediately rebuffed. He doesn't want to touch it, look at it, hear about it...let alone sit on it. That is true of two different kiddie potties or the big potty (real toilet).

He KNOWS what goes on with the potty because he watches everyone else potty, insists on seeing what is in the potty, and flushes the potty.

So...what do y'all suggest?
Waiting until he is ready to use the potty.

Old 06-28-2014, 05:26 AM

42,223 posts, read 49,768,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
Waiting until he is ready to use the potty.
That's our current plan.

It seems odd, though...he can talk and we can all discuss this idea, but he's really not into it. *shrug*
His little piece of power, I suppose.

Old 06-28-2014, 05:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
That's our current plan.

It seems odd, though...he can talk and we can all discuss this idea, but he's really not into it. *shrug*
His little piece of power, I suppose.
Mine was the same around a year ago, interested in all the aspects apart from actually doing it herself.

Old 06-30-2014, 07:02 AM

1,034 posts, read 1,051,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsku View Post
Another wee on the potty last night before bed and today I put her in knickers and told her to tell me when she needs to wee and just a little while ago she ran over, said she needs to use the potty and went and used it!! If she continues to use the potty all weekend then I think I shall send her to daycare next week in knickers (with lots of spare clothes!)
Oh wow! she is almost potty trained then! I guess the first time was the key!

Old 06-30-2014, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maila View Post
Oh wow! she is almost potty trained then! I guess the first time was the key!
Guess she must have just been ready to start when we started. She wore knickers to daycare today and had no accidents and used the toilet twice there. The only problem is that she isn't pooing, she tries but I guess she just can't relax enough for it, either that or she's constipated but she hasn't complained of belly pain.

I just have to hope her dad doesn't put her back in nappies at his house next weekend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting