Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2013, 07:41 AM

750 posts, read 1,064,761 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
The evidence is kids left unattended in a car. She probably has photos of 'you not there'.

And how can you prove it was 'just a few minutes"? For all anyone knows, it could have been plenty longer....
She does not. I purposely parked in front of the exit door, where I could have a visual of the car while in the cashier. I saw her approaching and peaking inside, invading their privacy, but no photos. I kept an eye on her. She only got 1 or maybe 2 photos of the license plate.

Old 07-12-2013, 07:41 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,181,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indyking View Post
I understand your point but I was hoping not to be judged and I have no worries about how I treat my kids.
Good luck with that! Seriously, no blood no foul. But it would not be bad for you to recognize that you made a Moderator Cut mistake so that you don't make it again. We all make stupid mistakes. They are good to learn from.

Quote:
I was just wondering what the lady could do without any evidence that I actually did any harm to them. In fact, when I got to the car and start driving away quickly, trying to spare my kids from the rather offensive attitude of the lady, my older one asked why she was upset and I answered that it was because she thought the car was too hot inside and she immediately answered: no, it was not
What the lady could do is entirely dependent on the lady and the state you live in. You seem kind of proud of your Moderator Cut mistake, which strikes me odd.

Last edited by Jaded; 07-12-2013 at 03:17 PM.. Reason: Tone

Old 07-12-2013, 07:42 AM

1,988 posts, read 5,382,917 times
Quote:
And how exactly with just a plate photo she would prove I was doing potential harm? The officers would just take her word for it?
In this day and age when children are involved, they often do.

Old 07-12-2013, 07:43 AM

7,195 posts, read 5,722,107 times
It's against the law in many places to leave kids under 12 unattended in a vehicle. Why wouldn't you just take them in with you?

Old 07-12-2013, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirron View Post
This may be true, but you don't know what others might be doing. I wish I could instill in every young parent the dangers of children being taken and being sold into --you name it-- sex slavery, forced labor in other countries, etc. Research the stats on how many children go missing every single year; I think it is in the hundreds of thousands. Please just take a few minutes to unbuckle that car seat and carry them in the store with you.
Again, I was hoping not to be judged, but I agree. Abduction would in fact be a higher risk than actually heat in that situation. But, she actually screamed, how could you not let the car running? Seriously?

I have to say though, this was no more risk than I see some "super protective" parents who drop their kids and leave in a birthday party or loose sight of them for a minute or so while outdoors talking to someone or in a park/playground situation. Not saying any of you do this, just pointing out that people have to be careful when judging someone how to raise their kids.

By the way, I'm not proud of my mistake! It won't happen again.

Old 07-12-2013, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherTouchOfWhimsy View Post
It's against the law in many places to leave kids under 12 unattended in a vehicle. Why wouldn't you just take them in with you?
Believe or not but they insisted to be left inside because they were playing with each other and they hate going in grocery stores. I never left them inside the car before, I just thought it would not hurt in that situation.

Old 07-12-2013, 07:55 AM

7,195 posts, read 5,722,107 times
Quote:
Believe or not but they insisted to be left inside because they were playing with each other and they hate going in grocery stores. I never left them inside the car before, I just thought it would not hurt in that situation.
Four- and six-year-old children have parents for a reason. You don't actually have to do anything just because they insist on it. If that were the case, my kids would basically live on Doritos and ice cream, would never go to bed and probably wouldn't even own a toothbrush.

I'm glad that you won't do it again, and hope that nothing comes of this as far as CPS is concerned.

Old 07-12-2013, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherTouchOfWhimsy View Post
Four- and six-year-old children have parents for a reason. You don't actually have to do anything just because they insist on it. If that were the case, my kids would basically live on Doritos and ice cream, would never go to bed and probably wouldn't even own a toothbrush.

I'm glad that you won't do it again, and hope that nothing comes of this as far as CPS is concerned.
Yes, very true. What is CPS BTW?

Edit: Never mind, found it. Child Protective Services. Well if they eventually find me, I don't think they will have problems seeing that we are not negligent with our kids if they interview friends and neighbors. Anyway, yes, it was a stupid mistake, I recognize it.

Old 07-12-2013, 08:00 AM

2,826 posts, read 3,989,613 times
Quote:
Yes, very true. What is CPS BTW?
I assume Child Protection Services.

Old 07-12-2013, 08:11 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,181,676 times
Quote:
Again, I was hoping not to be judged, but I agree. Abduction would in fact be a higher risk than actually heat in that situation. But, she actually screamed, how could you not let the car running? Seriously?

I have to say though, this was no more risk than I see some "super protective" parents who drop their kids and leave in a birthday party or loose sight of them for a minute or so while outdoors talking to someone or in a park/playground situation. Not saying any of you do this, just pointing out that people have to be careful when judging someone how to raise their kids.

By the way, I'm not proud of my mistake! It won't happen again.
Two big thumbs way up. Hopefully nothing more will come of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting