Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2013, 10:41 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,450,731 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolatMO View Post
It's so funny that while all the dads on this board threaten outright murder if a another family's son breaks their heart, it's disrespect for the mom to want to get back at the daughter for breaking her son's heart. Double standards....
I seem to have missed those posts....and I was under the impression you were trying to discourage revenge.... Now it seems you are wanting to "get back" at this girl? A girl who very clearly has issues. Wow. Step back mom. You might be your son's bigger hindrance. Is he the one hurting or is it your ego? You dwelling on it is most certainly not helping him move on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2013, 10:48 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,687,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomaniGypsy View Post
Y'all appear to have missed this, from the original post (dated September 4, 2013):

The breakup happened 3 1/2 months ago. He was "annoyed" for those 3 1/2 months but did not seek revenge.

The diss happened "today" (9/4/13) and that was when the boy started considering revenge.

Evidently, he was not seeking revenge against the girl for involving the ex in their lives, nor against the ex-turned-boyfriend for "stealing" the girl. He was seeking revenge for the diss. The dude should've just taken the girl and left CarolAtMO's son alone. He didn't do so. He didn't leave well enough alone - instead, he publicly dissed the guy.

This is not about a breakup. It's about a public diss, which falls very clearly into the realm of bullying.
Then the son should consider the source -- and still just drop it. He was the rebound relationship, this girl plays games, she breaks up with one guy, gets another younger guy involved, then dumps him for the first guy. The first guy feels kind of cuckold and is lashing out, best to just laugh it off. The girl is hardly worth fighting over.

There's no reason to get revenge or pay back this kind of dissing. It's a young teen love triangle, kind of too silly for adults to get themselves worked up about.

Old 09-08-2013, 12:52 AM

728 posts, read 1,899,394 times
There seems to be a double standard here. If the ages and genders were reversed (18 year old male sending nudes to a 15/16 year old female) then there would be a public outrage and the 18 year old would have been behind bars by now but because it's an 18 year old female sending nudes everyone seems to be o.k. with that. Am I missing something here?

Old 09-08-2013, 03:26 AM

97 posts, read 101,904 times
You should buy her a gift for her very kind favor of getting the hell out of yall's lives.

Old 09-08-2013, 05:56 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,277,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainGuy74 View Post
There seems to be a double standard here. If the ages and genders were reversed (18 year old male sending nudes to a 15/16 year old female) then there would be a public outrage and the 18 year old would have been behind bars by now but because it's an 18 year old female sending nudes everyone seems to be o.k. with that. Am I missing something here?
Often sadly that is the case. It's getting better, but it still needs work.

Old 09-08-2013, 06:46 AM

402 posts, read 976,350 times
If I plotted revenge against everyone who "dissed" me during my teen years, I would 40 years later probably be just about finishing up..... So a moron "disses" you on a social media - I would think you would have more important things to do than revenge.

Old 09-08-2013, 10:27 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,687,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainGuy74 View Post
I would be upset myself over that and would most likely prosecute --- but I wouldn't have been fine with the older woman using my 15 year old son for sex in the first place. I think 15 is too young to be "dating", much less to be having sex with an older predator.

I think here the mother was fine with the naked pictures until her son was dumped by the woman. The revenge part is what I disagree with -- older sexual predators should be stopped but that's not what this is.

Old 09-08-2013, 10:32 AM

1,026 posts, read 1,192,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Then the son should consider the source -- and still just drop it. He was the rebound relationship, this girl plays games, she breaks up with one guy, gets another younger guy involved, then dumps him for the first guy. The first guy feels kind of cuckold and is lashing out, best to just laugh it off. The girl is hardly worth fighting over.

There's no reason to get revenge or pay back this kind of dissing. It's a young teen love triangle, kind of too silly for adults to get themselves worked up about.
Not to mention that these are 15/16 year old boys and a 18 year old girl with what appears to be a severe learning disability. They all have some maturing to do.

While I would be upset about the inappropriate texts, I would also be very careful. If the girl has developmental delays, (which is possible considering her age and need to still be in high school) I think it is possible that this could open another can of worms. JMHO.

Old 09-08-2013, 11:19 AM

15,526 posts, read 10,496,731 times
The son has a three month long relationship with a girl last spring. Only it wasn't much of a relationship because the previous boyfriend was still in the picture. The son only dated her because she was the only one who would go out with him. Plus, she has issues. He's had ample time to get over it, all summer long. Wow, way too much teenage drama here. Tell your son revenge is not good because some day he may want to date a friend of hers, no sense in burning bridges.

Old 09-08-2013, 11:27 AM

3,762 posts, read 5,422,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolatMO View Post
Hey there

My 16 year old son had a girlfriend from around March of this year until about the end of May. All throughout the relationship, the ex boyfriend from the girl's previous relationship called his girlfriend every day. My son did not like this and really wanted the ex to back off, so he told his girlfriend, who got defensive and claimed "[i] can talk to [whoever] the *expletive* I want to as long as I don't make out with them." My son was annoyed, but relented anyway, seeing how he didn't want to give up the girl he loved. However, I noticed the relationship was slowly deteriorating. She never answer most of his calls, and when she did, he was put onto a three way phone conversation with her and the ex. Finally, at the end of May the girl sheepishly told my son that they had simply "ran out of things to talk about" and "[i] want to go back to my ex, [I miss] him" (). Needless to say, my son is still annoyed about it, but today it reached a breaking point. He posted on my son's facebook about how he could never keep a girlfriend interested or in a relationship. So he is contemplating reporting her to the police for sending X-rated pictures of herself to the now boyfriend (she is 18, he is 15 and she also sent some of these pictures to my son when they were together, which he deleted immediatly).....I never knew my son would go that far for revenge.
How do I help my son get through this without any "revenge"?
First of all, this girl is a human being not an inanimate object that your son can lay claim to. Therefore, she cannot be stolen from him as she is not a possession. She chose someone else as it is her right to do. You need to make him understand this. If he really believes she was stolen from him then he should just be able to walk up to her grab her, declare "MINE" and throw her over his shoulder and sit her on a shelf. Now how silly is that? Maybe explain it to him that way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting