Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2013, 05:31 PM

2,966 posts, read 3,903,010 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
My daughter does too, but obviously not at school.
Mine does

Anyway, I think it is like any other fashion thing. Some people like them, some people don't. Out of all the offensive clothing out there, I don't think jeggings are it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2013, 05:39 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,522,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawflower View Post
Mine does

Anyway, I think it is like any other fashion thing. Some people like them, some people don't. Out of all the offensive clothing out there, I don't think jeggings are it.
I only meant because they outlawed them at school, otherwise she would.

Old 11-17-2013, 05:39 PM

11,495 posts, read 26,770,721 times
My kids have some. They also have regular jeans. My 11 year old wears juniors sizes and almost all of the pants and jeans in those sizes are designed to be skin tight. The ones she has that say they're jeggings are made just like the ones that say they're jeans, except sometimes they don't have pockets. If you want looser jeans in those sizes, sometimes you have to look for ladies petite sizes instead.

My younger daughter likes to wear leggings instead of pants, and I try to encourage her to wear a long shirt or a little skirt over the leggings because she's plump and the leggings are skin tight. I never tell her that's why though, I don't want to give her body issues.

Old 11-17-2013, 06:42 PM

5,989 posts, read 6,734,616 times
I let my daughter wear them. She is slender, looked amazing in them. She generally wore a long, but form-fitting, shirt with them. I would have discouraged her from wearing them had she been overweight. I felt that they were less revealing than short shorts and camisoles, which fortunately she would not wear. When I saw that all the girls were wearing them, I thought it was fine.

Middle schoolers want to dress to fit in - best for them if they do so.

Old 11-17-2013, 06:51 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,051,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
I think they are nasty- skin tight.
Did you wear mini (or micro-mini) skirts? Jeggings show a LOT less. Especially if they're paired with a long top.

Old 11-17-2013, 07:18 PM

2,966 posts, read 3,903,010 times
Yeah, I fail to see how something like this: Vintage Havana kids pull on jeggings, Vintage Havana kids jeggings, Vintage Havana jeggings, Vintage Havana Kids, Vintage Havana free shipping
is nasty. Granted, I do think they work best with a certain body type but they're hardly "nasty."

Old 11-17-2013, 07:19 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,402,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
Daddy took the girls shopping on an emergency jeans run this afternoon. Jeans we bought in August are suddenly too short. They came home with jeggings- I've never heard of them before. threy are stretchy combination of leggings and jeans. I think they are nasty- skin tight. DH called from shopping asking how I felt about tight jeans and I thought he was talking about just that- slim jeans so i said OK. Well - these knocked my socks off. The strange thing is DD1 is the one who really begged for them and she is meatier than her downright skinny sister who does not like them!!! Skinny sister likes roomy clothes like yoga pants with elastic waists and knit material. But she does have some sensory issues so I can understand it.

How do you feel about these jeggings? Are they in fashion where you live?
Jeggings stands for jeans/leggings. They have been around for years now.lol and yes, they are still popular.

Old 11-17-2013, 07:30 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,677,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawflower View Post
Yeah, I fail to see how something like this: Vintage Havana kids pull on jeggings, Vintage Havana kids jeggings, Vintage Havana jeggings, Vintage Havana Kids, Vintage Havana free shipping
is nasty. Granted, I do think they work best with a certain body type but they're hardly "nasty."
"Form-fitting" on the wrong "form" can be nasty.

Old 11-17-2013, 07:35 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,522,330 times
I don't really get why they are considered any more "nasty" than tight jeans?

Old 11-17-2013, 07:59 PM

90,316 posts, read 120,355,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Did you wear mini (or micro-mini) skirts? Jeggings show a LOT less. Especially if they're paired with a long top.
Of course I did! I think that's why schools started letting girls wear pants-the skirts had gotten so short and you could see everything when the girl bent over!

The young women that work at my office frequently wear leggings with tops that do not cover their bottoms. They actually look comfy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting