Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2014, 03:06 AM

6,418 posts, read 7,244,561 times

Advertisements

Its wonderful how much confidence these kids have but I think I'd be far too scared as a parent to let my kid climb that high up a tree or the lamp post but wow, future gymnasts here for sure!

Ei saa!!! - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2014, 08:48 AM

13,980 posts, read 25,939,932 times
My kids would have adored that playroom. I don't see anything except the tree that appears higher than those ropes we were expected to climb in gym class when I was that little girl's age. She would succeed, where I always failed.

We had several very tall pine trees by our house. One of our favorite things to do was to climb to the very top and sway them trying to tag whoever was in the neighboring tree. My mother averted her eyes, lol.

Old 02-16-2014, 09:53 AM

Maybe its my slight fear of heights then. Always loved climbing trees but I never went too high in them because I'd get scared so I'm sure I'd feel the same way about my kid climbing high - guess I'd have to avert my eyes like your mum did!

Old 02-16-2014, 02:16 PM

36,499 posts, read 54,051,718 times
I have to admit I was a nerous wreck watching the whole clip. No soft landing pads? kids climbing on what looks like stand alone cabinets? I'm thinking the parents must be gymnasts themselves and certainly feel comfortable raising their kids that way but I would be very hesitant to let my kids play at that house.

And the gardener in me was unhappy to see such high weeds and unkempt yard! But that's just me I guess.

Old 02-16-2014, 04:52 PM

1,909 posts, read 2,537,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie View Post
My kids would have adored that playroom. I don't see anything except the tree that appears higher than those ropes we were expected to climb in gym class when I was that little girl's age. She would succeed, where I always failed.

We had several very tall pine trees by our house. One of our favorite things to do was to climb to the very top and sway them trying to tag whoever was in the neighboring tree. My mother averted her eyes, lol.
I thought that was an adorable video. Even the baby got involved. Sure, someone might break a bone, or remove some skin from some body part, but what fun they can have in that one room. I do hope, however, that the furniture they were climbing on is securely bolted to the walls.

My son would have hated it.

However, my brothers and I would have loved it. We were like 7 little monkeys, and mom could not keep us from climbing trees, or walking along the top of fences. And yes, we suffered numerous broken bones and other injuries, but we had so much fun.

We built a three-story treehouse in our back yard, complete with living room furniture. The fire department made us take it down because they said it was unsafe. Ticked us off!

I remember spending days in a cherry tree, climbing to the top and out on every limb to get that yummy fruit. Fortunately for our mom, we were in the yard of a women who lived around the corner, and down the street... mom could not see us (but she knew what we were doing because we brought bushels of cherries home.)

Old 02-17-2014, 04:00 AM

My mum told me that when she was a kid she and her siblings used to climb on the framework of the suspension bridge over the river next to their house and gave each other 'climbing grades' based on how high/far they could climb! No surprise that she was fine with us climbing trees and things.
My daughter would definitely love that playroom, she's always been a climber, climbing step ladders before she was even a year old and apparently climbed her first tree the other day when she was at her dad's.

That baby was very cute jumping off the chair! There's a picture of me doing the same thing at about the same age.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting