Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2014, 02:31 PM

6,190 posts, read 7,972,786 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibbiekat View Post
She may be a nightmare, but you have to learn to deal with people so that things will work out in your best interest, especially when that person is your boss.
I've put up with her since March. I've just dealt with the abuse this whole time. I get defensive when it comes to my back. If I am hurting so bad I miss a day of work she has no place to be rude to me over it, I don't care who she is. I am so sick of seeing people get away with being terrible people just because of who they are. Our civilization is just going to keep declining if people like her think they can just act however they want towards people.

Old 10-12-2014, 05:04 PM

2,154 posts, read 4,425,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
I broke my back 6 months ago. I am not fully healed until 1 year. With the way things are going now, I am looking at a life time of pain and suffering. I'm always in a lot of pain and I still have numbness in a huge portion of my back.

I couldn't handle the commute and long hours. Everyday I was waking up in obscene amounts of pain, just to have to push myself every morning and then drive 40 minutes. It was too hard to get up that early, in that much pain. I woke up saturday in tears I hurt so bad and went to the ER to make sure everything was ok and they told me to rest so I did. She HAS to excuse my absence and give me a modified schedule if I have a doctors note stating thats what I need.

Mostly the laywer is for the accident but if I keep hearing about her continuously talking about me behind my bad even after I've left she's going to get told by my lawyer to stop. She's a store manager and I am no longer there. I shouldn't still be hearing about her bad mouthing me.
Why do you even care what she has to say about you? Get over it. You let people get to you too much.

Old 10-12-2014, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOhioBound View Post
Why do you even care what she has to say about you? Get over it. You let people get to you too much.
Because why should I have to tolerate her? When is enough harassment enough?

Old 10-12-2014, 07:19 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,281,720 times
Quote:
I broke my back 6 months ago. I am not fully healed until 1 year. With the way things are going now, I am looking at a life time of pain and suffering. I'm always in a lot of pain and I still have numbness in a huge portion of my back.

I couldn't handle the commute and long hours. Everyday I was waking up in obscene amounts of pain, just to have to push myself every morning and then drive 40 minutes. It was too hard to get up that early, in that much pain. I woke up saturday in tears I hurt so bad and went to the ER to make sure everything was ok and they told me to rest so I did. She HAS to excuse my absence and give me a modified schedule if I have a doctors note stating thats what I need.

Mostly the laywer is for the accident but if I keep hearing about her continuously talking about me behind my bad even after I've left she's going to get told by my lawyer to stop. She's a store manager and I am no longer there. I shouldn't still be hearing about her bad mouthing me.
She can talk about you all she wants, that's not illegal in this country. I don't know why you think your lawyer is going to intervene, or I wonder why he/she would tell you they would. And no she doesn't have to give you anything. If it's determined the visit has to do with your injury she would have to honor that. However, you going to work and working the same schedule makes a case for them to say that those 2 incidents are not related. Now if that is a store policy, that's something different. Didn't your lawyer tell you not to work while the legal stuff was going on though? That's pretty much personal injury 101.

Old 10-12-2014, 07:20 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,281,720 times
Quote:
Because why should I have to tolerate her? When is enough harassment enough?
If the environment is that toxic then it might be time to find something else. You obviously aren't happy working under her and that sort of stress won't be good for your recovery.

Old 10-12-2014, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidkitty View Post
She can talk about you all she wants, that's not illegal in this country. I don't know why you think your lawyer is going to intervene, or I wonder why he/she would tell you they would. And no she doesn't have to give you anything. If it's determined the visit has to do with your injury she would have to honor that. However, you going to work and working the same schedule makes a case for them to say that those 2 incidents are not related. Now if that is a store policy, that's something different. Didn't your lawyer tell you not to work while the legal stuff was going on though? That's pretty much personal injury 101.
Taking off work is not an option.

Old 10-12-2014, 09:06 PM

2,154 posts, read 4,425,882 times
Wait, first you said you have to have lighter duty, per doctor, but then taking off work is not an option? If you are showing up to work, you then you are basically telling your boss that you can perform to full duty as it is retail work. You can't have it both ways. You can't show disrespect to your employer and then expect respect in return. It doesn't work that way.

Old 10-13-2014, 02:33 AM

Quote:
Wait, first you said you have to have lighter duty, per doctor, but then taking off work is not an option? If you are showing up to work, you then you are basically telling your boss that you can perform to full duty as it is retail work. You can't have it both ways. You can't show disrespect to your employer and then expect respect in return. It doesn't work that way.
No she's known I need to take it easy. She's known I can't lift over a certain amount of weight, that I need to be able to sit if needed and cut back on hours as needed.

Going to work with restrictions isnt going to make me go broke, not going to work at all will. I can't afford to just not go to work.

I've been very respectful. I've put up with her and kept my mouth shut. I already spoke to my lawyer about it, he said I was in the right.

She used to do stuff like take my chair and tell me I had no good reason to have to sit at work and that she did because she had issues with her feet. She was making it up to treat me like crap.

Old 10-13-2014, 02:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidkitty View Post
If the environment is that toxic then it might be time to find something else. You obviously aren't happy working under her and that sort of stress won't be good for your recovery.
I transferred, our big blow out was Tuesday and I transferred that day, as of Friday she was at work trying to paint me as some thief and a few people came to my defense. She's a store manager, she needs to act like one, I shouldn't still be hearing stuff. She needs to knock it off.

I hate her so much for the way she's treated me.

Old 10-13-2014, 02:41 AM

Quote:
And she's known from day one when I went back to work that I had restrictions. No lifting over 30lbs, sit when needed and don't do lots of twisting or bending. All outlined in my note from my doctor.

Plain and simple, It's my spine. If I cant do something at work or I start having issues I need to do what's in my best interest, Why wouldn't I?

She'd ask me to do things like adjust the line of refrigerators to fill the empty gaps when a display got sold....should I really be moving fridges? She'd tell me to do things I couldn't do on purpose. She was trying to get me to quit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting