Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-13-2014, 04:29 PM

2,154 posts, read 4,424,138 times

Advertisements

oh lawd. *eye roll* Please don't waste your time anymore with military recruiter. You are physically unable to commit and you have already stated you do drugs. Just. Don't.

Txt, you really need to get your life together. Time to grow up and be the adult you should be. You should have been saving money all this time. If you don't have money to save, and money to pay back grandma for vehicle, then you shouldn't even be buying drugs anyway.

Old 10-13-2014, 04:44 PM

1,026 posts, read 1,192,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
Yes I know this which is Why if I get the the job it'll take me a month to save up to move and I quit smoking for a month pass the drug test and then I go back to business as usual.
I admire your confidence, but, in my experience, the drug testing usually takes place before the start date, so you will need to plan for that. Many companies will not even officially extend an offer until you have passed a drug test, so take that into consideration.

If you really want the best chance at a job in this job market, you need to be able to pass a drug test and start a job ASAP. Unless you have some unique skill or training that makes you extremely marketable, there are just too many competitors that are ready, willing, and able to work immediately.

Old 10-13-2014, 04:51 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,155,231 times
Quote:
Still two income household still can do it.
Two incomes? Last I heard you had kicked BF to the curb and he wasn't providing an income anyway.

Quote:
He's working and he has really good job opportunities out there too and we're buying him a vehicle within the next month.

How about you let him buy his own vehicle?

Old 10-13-2014, 05:19 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,274,353 times
Quote:
Yes I know this which is Why if I get the the job it'll take me a month to save up to move and I quit smoking for a month pass the drug test and then I go back to business as usual.
You do realize that most places with a drug testing policy will have random drug tests right?

Old 10-13-2014, 05:21 PM

1,026 posts, read 1,192,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidkitty View Post
You do realize that most places with a drug testing policy will have random drug tests right?
Not to mention that most hiring managers know what's up. A person who can't start or take a drug test for a month after an interview will raise some red flags. JMHO.

Old 10-13-2014, 05:48 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,556,847 times
So to summarize:

1) You have no post-high school education, and you've been in entry level jobs for 11 years, none of which have lasted more than a year or 2, but now the big prospect is just gonna happen without any further education and while you continue to smoke weed regularly?

2) You left CO because of the high cost of living.

3) You moved to TN to help your GM. I never hear anything about that. Did you help her?

4) You have lived rent free all the time you've lived in TN but have no savings?

5) You decided to get a pitbull while a renter??????????????????????

6) Your BF has never had a decent job, does nothing but smoke weed and play videogames, has no education, doesn't have his own car but now magically has great job prospects??????????

7) You have chronic health issues following a car accident that was your fault, but you imagine that you will sue someone and win big bucks????????

8) You have no car, and owe your GM money for the car you crashed.

Did I miss anything?

Get your **** together txt, this list of accomplishments is a trainwreck.

Old 10-13-2014, 06:11 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,155,231 times
You are crazy if you think this dream job is going to wait for you for a month. You haven't paid rent in, what, like a year. There is zero excuse for not having money saved.

Old 10-13-2014, 06:26 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,274,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
So to summarize:

1) You have no post-high school education, and you've been in entry level jobs for 11 years, none of which have lasted more than a year or 2, but now the big prospect is just gonna happen without any further education and while you continue to smoke weed regularly?

3) You moved to TN to help your GM. I never hear anything about that. Did you help her?

4) You have lived rent free all the time you've lived in TN but have no savings?

6) Your BF has never had a decent job, does nothing but smoke weed and play videogames, has no education, doesn't have his own car but now magically has great job prospects??????????

7) You have chronic health issues following a car accident that was your fault, but you imagine that you will sue someone and win big bucks????????

Did I miss anything?

I've been working for several months now and have quite a bit saved up .

Old 10-13-2014, 06:32 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,556,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidkitty View Post
I've been working for several months now and have quite a bit saved up .

Old 10-13-2014, 07:15 PM

6,190 posts, read 7,969,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
So to summarize:

Did I miss anything?

I got a belgian malinois Dutch shepherd mix as an 8wk old puppy like a month after moving.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting