Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-13-2014, 07:23 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,455,426 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
I got a belgian malinois Dutch shepherd mix as an 8wk old puppy like a month after moving.
That's the only comment you have?

Txt you are a bright young woman, who is continually pissing away every opportunity that comes your way then whining about how unfair life is. Stop trying to find the easy button and just buckle down and do what needs to be done. Good grief.

Old 10-13-2014, 07:23 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,562,129 times
Quote:
I got a belgian malinois Dutch shepherd mix as an 8wk old puppy like a month after moving.
That's the only point I got wrong?

Old 10-13-2014, 07:47 PM

2,154 posts, read 4,425,518 times
Txt. You had SOOO many good opportunities and were plugging away at school and then you went and messed it all up.

Wake the hell up. You are 25 now and still dealing with drama that a teenager deals with, still acting like a teenager. You are getting closer to 30. If you don't start taking life seriously and making some major changes to the way you look at your life, and live it, you are going to be here complaining about the SAME insignificant stuff. When are you going to admit, just ONCE, that you are part of the problem of why things are the way they are in your life. So far you have blamed your mom, your brother before, your grandmother, teachers, employers, co-workers, and your boyfriend. What part in any of the outcomes of your decisions do YOU have a part of?

Old 10-13-2014, 08:21 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,172,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidkitty View Post
I've been working for several months now and have quite a bit saved up .
Well done, LK. Is your job related to what you studied in college? You graduated, right?

Old 10-13-2014, 08:45 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,279,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Well done, LK. Is your job related to what you studied in college? You graduated, right?
Yes, although it is boring as it gets tbh .

Old 10-13-2014, 09:12 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,172,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidkitty View Post
Yes, although it is boring as it gets tbh .
But that's the job..... which will change as you establish yourself in your field...... not your bank account.

Old 10-13-2014, 09:16 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,167,496 times
Txt, every time I read one of these posts, I can't help but think of a certain relative of mine. She made poor choices as a young person and they have followed her for 50 years now. She didn't go to college. She had some ok jobs but got carpel tunnel and had to quit. Instead of training for something different, she just quit working, and waited for her big pay day. I'll spare you the details and preserve my anonymity, but she's now in her 60's, lives on social security, which is in the triple digits per month, lives like a nomad because she keeps either pissing off landlords, or the rent goes up and she can't afford it. She's had a string of loser boyfriends who don't hold jobs. If you ask her, none of it is her fault. She's just unlucky.

You remind me a lot of her. Your attitude is the same. Your "easy button" mentality is the same. You want to have money but you don't want to work for it. You think someone is just going to hand you the perfect job, or you are going to win a settlement, or get an inheritance. You've had 7 years since high school to make something of yourself and you've pretty much wasted it all. Quit waiting for something good to happen and MAKE it happen yourself.

Old 10-14-2014, 02:44 AM

15,546 posts, read 12,020,171 times
Quote:
Yes I know this which is Why if I get the the job it'll take me a month to save up to move and I quit smoking for a month pass the drug test and then I go back to business as usual.
Every place I've ever worked that did drug testing required it within 24-48 hours of being offered the job. They're not going to give you a month, they're not stupid. If you ask to take the test a month later, they'll find someone else for the job who doesn't need time to clean out their system.

If you want that job, you need to stop smoking now. And not start again. Otherwise you might find yourself getting a "random" drug test sometime in the future.

Although they're probably not going to give you a month to save money and move either. You work full time. You live with a boyfriend who works full time. And you live rent free. There is no reason why you shouldn't already have money saved up. Especially if it'll only take a month to save enough to move.

Old 10-14-2014, 03:44 PM

6,190 posts, read 7,971,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Every place I've ever worked that did drug testing required it within 24-48 hours of being offered the job. They're not going to give you a month, they're not stupid. If you ask to take the test a month later, they'll find someone else for the job who doesn't need time to clean out their system.

If you want that job, you need to stop smoking now. And not start again. Otherwise you might find yourself getting a "random" drug test sometime in the future.

Although they're probably not going to give you a month to save money and move either. You work full time. You live with a boyfriend who works full time. And you live rent free. There is no reason why you shouldn't already have money saved up. Especially if it'll only take a month to save enough to move.
It'll be a month before I move if I get the job. How do you drug test an out of state applicant?
Plus my friend said that its just one test initial test.

Old 10-14-2014, 03:46 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,167,496 times
Quote:
It'll be a month before I move if I get the job. How do you drug test an out of state applicant?
Plus my friend said that its just one test initial test.
A better question is how do you expect to get a job without interviewing in person? First interviews are sometimes done over the phone. Not final interviews. Not even if you know someone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting