Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2014, 11:07 AM

36,499 posts, read 54,084,735 times

Advertisements

it's not the "problem" of the american people or anybody else. E gads....I just would like to offer a gift to the woman and people are on here condemning both her and me. I'm outta here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2014, 11:10 AM

1,171 posts, read 2,161,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
it's not the "problem" of the american people or anybody else. E gads....I just would like to offer a gift to the woman and people are on here condemning both her and me. I'm outta here.
Welcome to the Parenting Forum!

Old 05-07-2014, 11:19 AM

ummm.....I've been on this forum and extremely active for 6 years. I'm surprised at some of the responses to this. We have plenty of controversial threads on here so this is nothing new.

Old 05-07-2014, 11:23 AM

22,591 posts, read 47,670,343 times
The response is because you said "American public and baby products manufacturers (need to) step up"... we are just saying no, they don't.

Race is irrelevant, as is age, really. Her choice to bear children should not involve the American people as a whole, as you are suggesting.

Old 05-07-2014, 11:23 AM

14,949 posts, read 12,147,503 times
Quote:
I hope the American public and baby products manufacturers step up to help this woman. She seems to have a positive attitude but still 3 unexpected babies at this stage will bring some real challenges. Anybody know of any fund raisers for her?

47-year-old mom and "surprise" triplets head home from Miami hospital - CBS News

Maybe the father of those babies and her local community will. That's something else- who expects to still be getting pregnant at that age, after you think the production line has shut down!

She sure doesn't look her age either. Hopefully she will have the energy and enthusiasm she needs to keep up with her bundles of joy there, and some help from those close to her.

Sounds like it was meant to be, and I wish her and her family the best.

Old 05-07-2014, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyonpa View Post
So?
Why?

Just because she had a bunch of kids Expected or Unexpected you think Baby Product Company toss free stuff at them?

Why Not for anyone who has a kid...

If a person want to do something to "Help" fine.

With PreNatal Care, and ultra sounds there is no way this was "Unexpected" Maybe They "Missed" one, But they would not "miss" two...

I imagine they mean the pregnancy was unexpected- at her age she surely wasn't expecting to, or planning to get pregnant. But she was wise, once she found she was pregnant, to get the prenatal care she needed. That was some high risk pregnancy!

Old 05-07-2014, 11:34 AM

Quote:
god what a cold crowd. Sure she wasn't married, sure she didn't use birth control (most 47 year old women wouldn't think they need to). But if it was a white woman with a husband away in Afghanistan you better believe the "American public" would jump up to help. Manufacturers would fall over themselves to get the publicity from helping.

BTW flyonpa...you answered a post I just did in the finance forum about how to help strangers. This is exactly the type of situation I was talking about.
I don't think her race or ethnicity has much to do with whether or not she'd get help. While her age makes this birth apparently worth a mention in passing by the local news media ( Miami Herald), it's just a fact that multiple births are not all that uncommon or unique these days, so baby product manufacturers and the American public aren't all that motivated to provide "free stuff" or help families of multiples financially.

That said, hopefully her local community and loved ones can help her out.

Old 05-07-2014, 11:47 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,049,575 times
Quote:
ummm.....I've been on this forum and extremely active for 6 years. I'm surprised at some of the responses to this. We have plenty of controversial threads on here so this is nothing new.
I don't expect you to be surprised. This isn't your first "mulitples" thread to ended up this way.

Old 05-07-2014, 12:17 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,171,415 times
I hope her friends and family shower her with gifts like any new mom. Beyond that, I don't see the need. If anything, she should be more equipped to deal.with Babies than a 20 year old.

Sorry, phone typos.

Old 05-07-2014, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
I don't expect you to be surprised. This isn't your first "mulitples" thread to ended up this way.
remind me. I don't recall ever starting a thread about multiples.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting