U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2007, 10:12 PM

8,323 posts, read 13,184,852 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FedupWNY View Post
I thought about DDR too as a gift to share, but I thought with the amount of games out there, they wouldn't get bored as easily with the PS2.
DDR is an excellent game for the entire family. My mother in her late 40's actually plays a bit.

Quote:
The mat also moves around a lot and it seems very picky - you might hit the arrow but if you hit in the exact spot on the arrow it doesn't give you a good score. We got frustrated after a while.
When I was huge on playing DDR everyday, I found that my problem wasn't with the mat slipping - it was that the internals got busted too easily. It's what happens when you attempt Paranoia or Max 300 on Heavy/Maniac everyday.

For my 17th birthday, my dad actually bought me two of the METAL DDR Mats. They're 5" thick steel mats that weigh about 30 lbs a piece. I've never had a problem with them. They're made to be used with the Xbox, PS2, Gamecube, and computer.

It's a big investment (they were about $150/mat at the time) but well worth it.

Quote:
Wow, I thought I was the only mom out there playing video games with my kids. At least I am the only one in my group of friends. I love the sonic games and the best one ever is Viva Pinata but I don't know if they make that for the PS2.
Viva Pinata was only released for the XBOX 360, Nintendo DS, and Computer. And.. feel free to join the club of Gamer Parents.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2007, 07:46 PM

2,972 posts, read 7,354,061 times
I wanted to say thanks again to everyone who gave me such great advice about the PS2 for Christmas.

I wrapped the Spider Man 3 game seperate from the PS2 unit and I had them open, what they thought was a DVD together ...

My youngest says "Mom, you got mixed up... we don't have a PS2" as I stood smiling my oldest knew, without a doubt what was in the next box that I slid in front of them. The youngest still was puzzled, trying to figure out why we'd buy a PS2 game until I said I wanted all three to open the second box. He then said "ooh" in a way only a 14 year old could have been tricked. The other 14 year old was just in shock (I think )

Even though most of their friends got their PS2 the day they came out on the market, mine were so happy getting one of their very own today.

They already know what kind of games they want to buy and how much it will cost and on and on.... so, just in case, I might be back for more advice
Attached Thumbnails
PS2 advice request-game122507.jpg  

Old 12-26-2007, 11:07 AM

4,541 posts, read 9,522,245 times
What a great way to do it!
We kind of tricked out 14 year old son as well. He had no clue he was getting Rock Band. When we bought it we opened the box and took out all the separate parts, and the only thing we wrapped and put under the tree was the game. When he opened it he was so happy! He thought we'd bought just the game, and that after the first of the year when they started selling all the parts individually (we already have Guitar Hero so he already has 2 guitars), we'd get the that stuff then and then he could play.
I can't tell you how shocked he was to find out we had gotten the whole game. We spent the rest of the day playing - all three of us. Really, really fun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting