Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2014, 01:15 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,687,395 times

Advertisements

But yes -- if anyone who doesn't feel like sending their children to school shouldn't be required to do so, let's make sure that applies to all and we can save taxpayers dollars by shutting down a whole lot of schools.

And these 7 children who have no education should not be given welfare handouts to reward them --- let them pick lettuce for their living.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2014, 01:16 PM

8,793 posts, read 8,161,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
Way to go

It's all EXCUSES with you and women are unable to make decisions. Maybe in your world women are powerless and trapped in an "Evil" society.

You seem to have all the answers.

BTW keep making excuses for everybody and no one will ever learn anything.
It's not about excuses. It about you not knowing what is best for everyone and keeping your nose out of her life decisions. Many of you CLAIM to be about libertarian ideals... Well here is one for you. You have no right to tell anyone how to live. You don't like that? Too bad. You think it weakens the country. Too bad. The only POWER you have over anyone else is what has been voted for, and from what I remember we have not voted to limit ANYONE's procreation choices.

Old 06-14-2014, 01:17 PM

624 posts, read 762,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blktoptrvl View Post
  • Don't you think that in this world there are still women to feel it is their duty to submit to the needs of their husbands?
  • Don't you think there are still women who are restricted from using birth control for religious reasons?
  • Don't you think there are people who believe they are required by their GOD to have as many children as they can?
  • Fifteen years ago, when her husband was still alive, don't you think it is possible they had the means to produce the number of children they CHOSE to.

Get off your high horse. Contrary to your own press you are are not that superior.
That's all very well and good, have a whole herd of kids, as long as you can support them YOURSELF.

Old 06-14-2014, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ten Cat View Post
That's all very well and good, have a whole herd of kids, as long as you can support them YOURSELF.
Heard that before. Nonsense. That is unless you want to be the one to start the local forced sterilization program.

Old 06-14-2014, 02:21 PM

624 posts, read 762,962 times
Quote:
Heard that before. Nonsense. That is unless you want to be the one to start the local forced sterilization program.
Nope.

But I am all for women who are on assistance being required to be on birth control as a condition of receiving welfare. I don't think that is unreasonable. I have people in my own family that require help from the government to raise their kids, I think they should be on BC, too.

No one has the right to willingly bring a child into a life of poverty.

Old 06-14-2014, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Yes -- that's the whole problem -- taxpayers are forced to support those who have no education and just have kids for the sake of getting welfare handouts.

Libertarianism needs to start with the end of welfare handouts. Sure -- let people never send their kids to school but don't expect others to provide for those kids when they can never get jobs.

Old 06-14-2014, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Nope.

But I am all for women who are on assistance being required to be on birth control as a condition of receiving welfare. I don't think that is unreasonable. I have people in my own family that require help from the government to raise their kids, I think they should be on BC, too.

No one has the right to willingly bring a child into a life of poverty.
So, again, how does this apply to the married woman we are speaking of. How is it you have anything to say about how this woman who was married (and who knows if her family was on any public assistance when her children were born) lives [LIVED] her life now?

Old 06-14-2014, 02:42 PM

Quote:
So, again, how does this apply to the married woman we are speaking of. How is it you have anything to say about how this woman who was married (and who knows if her family was on any public assistance when her children were born) lives [LIVED] her life now?
And how are 7 kids who never go to school going to live without welfare handouts?

Geez, it's difficult enough for someone with a high school diploma to get a job -- and you want to end the requirement for women to send their kids to school at all?

Old 06-14-2014, 02:48 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,457,651 times
Quote:
LMAO...are you really saying it's "libertarian" to support mandating taxpayers at large pay for others' children?

She didn't have to pay for her kids to go to school, BTW. All she had to do was make sure they showed up. She wasn't required to take any interest in their education, just make sure they somehow got there. And she had been given endless chances before being locked up.

Old 06-14-2014, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
And how are 7 kids who never go to school going to live without welfare handouts?

Geez, it's difficult enough for someone with a high school diploma to get a job -- and you want to end the requirement for women to send their kids to school at all?
From what orifice did you pull this one? Has absolutely nothing to do with what is being discussed or anything I have said. Off to the ignore list with you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting