Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2014, 05:27 PM

13,289 posts, read 9,819,932 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJA View Post
The OP's son isn't a teen though.
I didn't say he was. People don't have to be married to be in a committed relationship with children. Out of wedlock is moot to many people. So who cares how many children are born out of wedlock? It's how many children born that are loved and wanted that should matter.

Your morals are just that, yours. You can't go imposing them on other people. Nobody's asking the OP to go grab a bit on the side and sleep with them in someone's house.

Old 06-30-2014, 05:28 PM

5,681 posts, read 5,073,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raindrop101 View Post
Agreed. He is being very clear that he does not wish to follow this particular rule, and he is being respectful of the rule by not staying there.

IMHO, passive-aggressive would be agreeing to his parents rules, sneaking his girlfriend into his room after everyone is in bed, and making sure his parents are....um....very aware that she's there.
Not sure the word "passive" would be really applicable here.

Old 06-30-2014, 05:29 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,035,367 times
Quote:
If that's her house and her rules, then yes. But as I said before the OP would have to deal with the consequences.
I do agree that it is her house, her rules, I just wonder if it is really worth it. If she is losing visiting time, and the younger kids already know they live together, what's the point?

Old 06-30-2014, 05:31 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,449,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pomm8 View Post
My son is 26 years old. We don't want him to share room because it is a bad example to other kids here and it is against our morals.

If he live with his girlfriend, then why can't they just spend a few nights sleeping in separate bed?
Your son is being a brat. His girlfriend is a trollop. And sadly, I'm not surprised at the numerous posts in this thread that are scolding you for attempting to maintain morals for your other children.

I have NEVER disrespected my parent's household by demanding to have my boyfriend sleep in my bed during visits and a guy who expected to do so does not respect me or my family.

Stick to your values.

Old 06-30-2014, 05:32 PM
PJA

2,460 posts, read 3,156,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highlanderfil View Post
Anifani821's post that you were quoting was about OP's son. If you were speaking in general, it wasn't very clear, nor was it on topic, if so.
No that post was not about the OP's son but a response to a reply I had made earlier. Maybe you ought to go back and re read before commenting.

Old 06-30-2014, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Your son is being a brat. His girlfriend is a trollop. And sadly, I'm not surprised at the numerous posts in this thread that are scolding you for attempting to maintain morals for your other children.

I have NEVER disrespected my parent's household by demanding to have my boyfriend sleep in my bed during visits and a guy who expected to do so does not respect me or my family.

Stick to your values.
Oh, for Pete's sake, not this again.

He is not DEMANDING anything. Like, literally, anything. Unlike the OP, actually.

Nobody is scolding her for attempting to maintain morals for her other children. If she's being scolded for anything, it's for trying to bend her adult son to her will.

You, on the other hand, could do with some manners. Hint: see emphasized words.

Old 06-30-2014, 05:34 PM

43,011 posts, read 107,645,904 times
Even if she agreed to let them share a room, I doubt he'd stay more than a night or two at the most. It seems the OP doesn't like his girlfriend since she said "every since he got with this girl." I'm sure the girlfriend feels uncomfortable about the OP's attitude towards their living situation too. To not be welcomed with open arms isn't something easy to overcome, and this has been going on for two years. If the son keeps his distance, the OP will forever blame "this girl" when it was the OP's reaction to her that set the stage.

Old 06-30-2014, 05:35 PM

Quote:
No that post was not about the OP's son but a response to a reply I had made earlier. Maybe you ought to go back and re read before commenting.
I did. And, like I said:

1. Posts about "parents in general" are off-topic and
2. You didn't make it particularly clear that you weren't referring specifically to the OP's son.

Old 06-30-2014, 05:36 PM

1,026 posts, read 1,187,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post

Stick to your values.
What exactly is he demanding?

He is respecting her rules, staying elsewhere, and driving 3 hours round trip to visit her. I see that as respecting her views.

Old 06-30-2014, 05:36 PM

43,011 posts, read 107,645,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Once again, the term "passive-aggressive" does mean a person refuses to go along with someone else's demands.
I wish more people understood what passive-aggressive means.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting