Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which was the worst?
Easy Baake. Oven 6 20.00%
Lawn darts 13 43.33%
Energy lab 7 23.33%
Or Barbie Sky dan 4 13.33%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2014, 07:29 AM

115 posts, read 145,261 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
We had some sort of talking balloon that did that!
A BALLOON FTW?! Nonono
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2014, 07:42 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geomaster2004 View Post
A BALLOON FTW?! Nonono
Now that I think about it, I believe it was a bubble wand. It was a while back.

Old 07-10-2014, 04:52 PM

6,657 posts, read 7,749,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
I choose the Furby. Ours would spontaneously start jabbering quietly to itself like it was summoning demonic forces. We no longer own a Furby.
Oh bwahahahaha, snorting pepsi all over computer screen! Funny. Ya how unnerving.

Old 07-10-2014, 06:14 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,682,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiian by heart View Post
Oh bwahahahaha, snorting pepsi all over computer screen! Funny. Ya how unnerving.
We would be eating dinner and hear it upstairs, in a closet, not touched for days, suddenly talking to itself. SO CREEPY.

Old 07-10-2014, 09:59 PM

6,657 posts, read 7,749,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
We would be eating dinner and hear it upstairs, in a closet, not touched for days, suddenly talking to itself. SO CREEPY.
I think barney is really creepy!

Old 07-15-2014, 02:28 AM

37,121 posts, read 42,189,292 times
We had the creepy Furby too, scared the *** out of us! Buried in the closet and forgotten until the darn thing woke up! HAHA!

I had an EZBake oven as a kid, my daughter bought herself one in college for some weird reason. Fortunately neither of us ever got hurt from it.

I also had lawn darts as a kid, again no injuries.

I bought my daughter a Sky Dancer and she got bored with it quickly.

Thingmaker sounds like Creepy Crawlers. Had it in the 60's, I can still smell the burning rubber.

Personally, Legos were nearly the death of me when I stepped on one that was sunk into the carpet when I was barefoot, stumbled, and fell! LOL! Hate those little buggers, they got EVERYWHERE!

Old 07-15-2014, 11:24 AM

5,660 posts, read 5,085,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siggy20 View Post
Does anyone remember those kits with the molds where you would heat up a hot plate contraption, pour some stuff in, and make those rubbery toys like the little trolls and such? I won such a set and had a blast until I really burned my fingers. Of course my parents never supervised me so I could have easily burned the house down or myself up, lol. Even back then, I thought to myself...better be careful. This is a bit dangerous.
This was the first thing to come to my mind. Nothing as fun-inducing as giving a 6 y.o. an electric hot plate, steel molds to place in it, and toxic goo to bake. Then, using a thin wire clip as a handle, lift the hot molds out and put them in a tray of water to cool! Water and electricity is such a great combo for kids. I still have scars from the burns, but oh what fun I had!

BB guns, jarts, and riding a bike without as much as a thought of a helmet! And we survived!

Anybody else recall playing mumblypeg with a pocket knife?

Old 07-15-2014, 03:58 PM

1,909 posts, read 2,537,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
This was the first thing to come to my mind. Nothing as fun-inducing as giving a 6 y.o. an electric hot plate, steel molds to place in it, and toxic goo to bake. Then, using a thin wire clip as a handle, lift the hot molds out and put them in a tray of water to cool! Water and electricity is such a great combo for kids. I still have scars from the burns, but oh what fun I had!

BB guns, jarts, and riding a bike without as much as a thought of a helmet! And we survived!

Anybody else recall playing mumblypeg with a pocket knife?
Forty some odd years later and I can still see (and hear) my brothers playing this game. Common game in our backyard, and many got hurt! I never joined in this fun.

My parents delighted in buying us those electric gadgets that make yummy treats or scary monsters. I had an Easy Bake Oven and my brothers all got worm making machines, monster and car making machines, potter's wheel, and all sorts of other fun stuff that mostly kept us amused from Christmas until school started back in January.

Everything else you mentioned, we had or did! Life was so full of hazards for all of us waaaaaaaaaaaay back them. Don't forget about sledding down steep hills without any protective gear. Only injury I can ever remember from this activity was a dislocated thumb suffered by my younger brother when he stuck his hand in a foot hole and the toboggan ran over his hand. Looked awesome!

I loved my clackers! I had a beautiful purple set that I took everywhere (except to school - they would keep them forever!) and I loved them simply BECAUSE the sound drove adults crazy.

Old 07-16-2014, 12:28 AM

10,229 posts, read 16,293,698 times
Oh, well! I grew up in a dairy farm, so I subjected myself to my own set of potential harm at play. But I survived... and would do those things again if I had to do it over.

Old 07-16-2014, 08:41 AM

115 posts, read 145,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiian by heart View Post
I think barney is really creepy!
I just spit Mountain Dew all over my computer screen XD XD XD XD
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting