U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2014, 10:02 AM

2,312 posts, read 3,279,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
The OP seems to be under some strange illusion that CPS is out there monitoring all the children and will swoop down and remove them from a home if there is something questionable going on. If no one is reporting anything, no one will check. She did say he had a charge of manufacturing meth in front of children, though, so you'd think there would be some type of report.

IMO, the mother should be smacked upside the head.
Exactly. You'd think when the guy was arrested, the arresting officers would have taken the children from the home and a report made. You'd assume the police would make sure the kids went to a safe home.

I, as the OP you mentioned in your post, do not assume that CPS knows all. I wonder if anyone is reporting because I'm sitting back and witnessing things I consider so wrong. I am questioning if this would be something CPS considers ok or is this something CPS would check up on and make sure these kids weren't put back in the home.

I have absolutely no idea how CPS works and investigates and keeps up with a case. I thought they made periodic unexpected visits and kept up with police reports/arrests....maybe not. That's why I'm curious and asking questions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2014, 10:12 AM

5,413 posts, read 4,824,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
Exactly. You'd think when the guy was arrested, the arresting officers would have taken the children from the home and a report made. You'd assume the police would make sure the kids went to a safe home.

I, as the OP you mentioned in your post, do not assume that CPS knows all. I wonder if anyone is reporting because I'm sitting back and witnessing things I consider so wrong. I am questioning if this would be something CPS considers ok or is this something CPS would check up on and make sure these kids weren't put back in the home.

I have absolutely no idea how CPS works and investigates and keeps up with a case. I thought they made periodic unexpected visits and kept up with police reports/arrests....maybe not. That's why I'm curious and asking questions.

So the husband was arressted...not the aunt that has been taken care of the kids? Is he still out of the home and was the meth being made in the house itself (rather than just on the property for example).

Honestly, CPS does not have the resources to take every child in a less than perfect situation. If the primary caregiver is not charged and is not abusing the kids....really there isn't much they can do....and the reality is that the kids are probably better off with her if their needs are being met, even if things are not perfect.

If this bothers you....have you tried to help?

Old 07-23-2014, 10:28 AM

Husband of usual caregiver was arrested and living back in the house. Manufacture of meth was in this house...arrest in late May of this year. I consider the living conditions horrible with this guy still living there but if CPS doesn't then they don't. If they have no resources then it is what it is. So sad.

I see lots of children in this family and elsewhere that need help but like CPS, I can't always do as much as I'd like. I just feel sorry for the innocent children. I do have one child in the family over to my house many times and take her biking, boating and let her stay overnight on the weekends. Nothing sweeter to the ears than to hear her play and laugh and giggle. She is the sweetest and most loving little girl and thankfully she no longer will live with her mom but was put in a home where she gets the attention she deserves. I just hope these other children come out as lucky.

Old 07-23-2014, 10:49 AM

33,058 posts, read 12,532,839 times
Report this to CPS and let them sort it out.

It the guy is on parole for a charge of manufacturing meth in front of minors, then likely the terms of his parole might include limiting his contact with minors.

CPS is overwhelmed these days. Funds are limited. Caseworkers are overworked. Foster system is stretched thin.

Nonetheless, they will look into reports of abuse and neglect. Often times, they will help hook the family up with resources to do a better job of parenting.

Last edited by GotHereQuickAsICould; 07-23-2014 at 11:19 AM..

Old 07-23-2014, 11:34 AM

13,201 posts, read 7,417,828 times
Quote:
I'm just curious. That's why I'm asking....no other reason.

There are 2 sisters and one of the sister's husband is a meth addict. In fact he was arrested not long ago for the 2nd time for meth manufacturing and abuse. But this time he had an additional charge of manufacture of meth in front of minor children.

This sister still lives in the house with this guy she is married to. Her sister's children are at this house often as the other sister doesn't work and can't afford the kids so the sister takes them into her house. In fact one of the little girls calls her mommy.

I would think CPS or someone would remove the children from these conditions but maybe since he's hasn't been to court yet, it's ok?
Definitely, if the kids can be removed legally, they should.

Old 07-23-2014, 12:30 PM

1,246 posts, read 1,715,491 times
OP, why haven't you reported them to CPS?

Old 07-23-2014, 01:02 PM

Can you report anonymously? How? When calling, your phone ID will show.

Old 07-23-2014, 01:07 PM

1,246 posts, read 1,715,491 times
In my state you can report anonymously.

Old 07-23-2014, 01:16 PM

33,058 posts, read 12,532,839 times
Quote:
Can you report anonymously? How? When calling, your phone ID will show.
You certainly can report anonymously by using a phone that isn't your own. You are supposed to stay anonymous even if they know who you are. But don't count on it.

I once reported a friend to CPS who was leaving her 11 year old with three younger siblings including a baby from early in the morning until midnight at times. They lived down a country road so there weren't even neighbors to go to for help.

I tried to help her out, her parents tried, her ex tried. But she liked to go out after work and party and she didn't want us to know what she was up to.

She warned her kids not to answer the phone, answer the door, tell people where she was.

Finally, I call CPS. They investigated, met with her and the ex, and came up with a solution that she didn't care for at all. The kids had to be taken to daycare and either her parents or her ex would pick them up and care for them until she picked them up. She had to be sober and straight to pick them up.

It was that or the ex got custody. It worked for several years, and then one by one the kids went to live with their father anyway.

But CPS let her know who had reported and she never spoke to me again.

Old 07-23-2014, 01:17 PM

9,006 posts, read 16,147,973 times
*67 Blocks the CallerID From showing up on there Caller ID,

So Dial *67 Then the number

All they get is:

Either "Private" or ID Block" when they look at there CallerID.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting