Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2014, 12:21 PM

5,624 posts, read 6,843,959 times

Advertisements

We can tell you no all day long, you've already made your decision. No reason to waste our time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2014, 12:22 PM

18 posts, read 14,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
You do not have time to date a nice man, but think you have time to be a single parent? Seriously?

I suggest you see a counselor before you try this. You may alienate this nice man. Also, had you considered asking HIM out?

I mean, if you at least go on a few dates with him and he likes you, he might be more inclined to consider your proposal.
I've already spoken with a therapist on several occasions about this topic and she supports my decision.

I have never considered asking him out. Perhaps I would, if I looked like a model, but needless to say, I do not.

Old 08-11-2014, 12:24 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,236,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose_Pedal989 View Post
I think you misunderstood. I am not seeking a perfect child. But honestly, I'd prefer to have a child by a very successful man with an extremely high IQ, great looks and a genuinely wonderful personality.

I did not misunderstand at all.
Read the words you posted and then tell me that you have not written your desire for a "perfect" child simply from your own written words.

You seem to be ignoring my point that no matter how well you "prepare" for the high IQ, great looks and wonderful personalty does not mean you will actually have a child with all of your requirements.
What will you do then?

Old 08-11-2014, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohky0815 View Post
We can tell you no all day long, you've already made your decision. No reason to waste our time.
I was hoping that people would discuss possible strategies that I could employ to win him over. Maybe I should lay everything out in a video and send it to him.

Old 08-11-2014, 12:27 PM

5,624 posts, read 6,843,959 times
Quote:
I was hoping that people would discuss possible strategies that I could employ to win him over. I was thinking about laying everything out, in a video and sending it to him.
Hes going to father your perfect child, youd be best to ask him in person. If youre too chicken to do that, then dont ask at all.

Old 08-11-2014, 12:27 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,236,769 times
Quote:
It's not that simple. I have dated a number of men, but I do not have the time or inclination at this point to continue searching for Mr. Right. I'm more interested in starting a new chapter and focusing on the prospects of motherhood.

I've found the ideal man, I just hope that he is open to helping me.
Oh my goodness, I just saw this post.

You do not have the time for a relationship to develop yet you think you will have the time to be a good single parent?

That's all I need to read, you honestly have no idea what you are wanting to get yourself into but good luck with it anyway.

Also, ignore any of my previous posts, with the above statement highlighted nothing written here means anything more than those who posted here have wasted time, energy and words.

Old 08-11-2014, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
I did not misunderstand at all.
Read the words you posted and then tell me that you have not written your desire for a "perfect" child simply from your own written words.

You seem to be ignoring my point that no matter how well you "prepare" for the high IQ, great looks and wonderful personalty does not mean you will actually have a child with all of your requirements.
What will you do then?
No one is perfect, but I do believe genetics is important. The other important components are obviously one's environment and primary socialization.

Old 08-11-2014, 12:31 PM

1,490 posts, read 4,755,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Why do you not address the sperm bank possibility? It has been mentioned by several people. You can get all the background info you need. Looks. Genetics. Family info. Career. Test scores. Schooling. Etc.
This^^^^

All of the physical ideals you see in this magical man could be chosen from amongst the sperm donors at a reputable sperm bank. Extensive histories are available, as well as genetic testing. The only other thing you seem to be stuck on is this man's personality and charisma...none of those attributes come from genetics.

It sounds to me that you have a crush on this man. You have said that he is the perfect man, but you won't ask him out because you feel you aren't good enough for him. What better way to hold on to someone you may think you love (cloaked as respect), then to have his baby. I would hope the therapist steered you away from this idea...it boggles the mind to think a mental professional would encourage you to pursue this man for his sperm.

Old 08-11-2014, 12:31 PM

6,129 posts, read 6,810,838 times
Quote:

You do not have the time for a relationship to develop yet you think you will have the time to be a good single parent?

I believe she's talking about her biological clock. It was addressed in her first post. The OP feels like her window to have a child naturally is closing fast (she's 36) so she wants to skip the "meet/date/fall in love/marry" part (which takes time) and simply choose sperm donor route so she can experience pregnancy and motherhood while her body is still cooperating.

I don't believe she is speaking about not having time in her day-to-day life. Apparently she feels quite prepared to devote energy to being a mother, and she feels she has the familial and financial resources necessary to get all the help she needs.

Of course, parenthood is always harder then you think it's going to be but that's true for expectant couples as well.

Old 08-11-2014, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Oh my goodness, I just saw this post.

That's all I need to read, you honestly have no idea what you are wanting to get yourself into but good luck with it anyway.

Also, ignore any of my previous posts, with the above statement highlighted nothing written here means anything more than those who posted here have wasted time, energy and words.
At my age, dating can be a lot of work. Do you honestly believe that it is easy for a woman in my situation to meet Mr. Right? I assure you that it's not easy, otherwise, I'd already be married with children.

I want to have my own child (while I'm still able to do so). The clock is ticking and I'm not getting any younger. If I were 30, I'd consider spending more time searching for a husband, but I'm not 30 and I don't have ample time at this point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting