Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2014, 07:12 PM

421 posts, read 556,465 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me 82 View Post
2..or maybe I just don't have big poopers lol..
Or maybe you stay at home a lot. Or maybe you work full time. Or what ever. If you have never been in a pinch, count yourself very lucky.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2014, 07:13 PM

421 posts, read 556,465 times
Sorry all for the typos. On a tiny phone and can't see the random auto corrects or my mistakes well enough...until after I post

Old 08-15-2014, 07:22 PM

685 posts, read 1,105,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeye View Post
Or maybe you stay at home a lot. Or maybe you work full time. Or what ever. If you have never been in a pinch, count yourself very lucky.
No, actually, I stay at home, we go out almost every day, and after 2 kids, I know that unless it's full out diarrehea (sp), which in that case why are you going out?, having your kid sit in a diaper a minute longer so you can at least try to find someplace to change them OTHER then on a public table, is not going to kill your kid. And I guess a little bit of luck added in there too. I see people changing kids in their carriages too at the mall, with a family bathroom with changing tables about a whole 10 feet away too. Hey, whatever works for you. But while I'm eating, no I don't want to see anyone's sh%t filled diaper.

Old 08-15-2014, 07:25 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeye View Post
Sorry all for the typos. On a tiny phone and can't see the random auto corrects or my mistakes well enough...until after I post
The typos aren't as bad as your trying to "one-up" another mom for not having as many kids as you.

Last edited by BirdieBelle; 08-15-2014 at 07:36 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 08-16-2014, 06:30 AM

624 posts, read 763,177 times
I saw this on my local news. I don't understand why the Mother felt she couldn't leave her older daughter in the restaurant with the younger child while she went out to the mini van and changed the baby. The older girl looked like she was between eight and ten years old, that's old enough to watch a four year old for a few minutes, assuming the four y.o. is reasonably well behaved. Does the Mother think someone is going to kidnap her kids in a public place in the middle of the day? Not likely...

Anyhoo, the restaurant was within their rights to ask them to leave. Who wants to smell baby poop while they are eating or picking up food? The Mom is no doubt immune to the smell, but that doesn't mean the whole world is :/

Old 08-16-2014, 08:54 AM

506 posts, read 326,743 times
There is a reason why we don't see people randomly changing little kids' diapers in restaurants everyday.

Old 08-16-2014, 11:36 AM

723 posts, read 868,767 times
Who the hell does this? Her minivan was 5 seconds away. I am on the restaurant's side.

Old 08-16-2014, 02:01 PM

3,071 posts, read 3,224,805 times
Sorry but I gotta go w/ the restaurant on this one. Who the hell changes a diaper at an eating table where ppl are eating?

Old 08-16-2014, 06:29 PM

436 posts, read 421,072 times
It's shocking that this is even up for debate. GO TO THE CAR. She should have checked the diaper before going in, and if it happened while they were waiting for their food... I would tell the staff that I'll be right back, I have to run to the car. And if I had, like, parked on the other side of the parking lot or something, I would ask for it to be boxed up and just brought the food with us (like the restaurant ended up doing anyway). I can understand not wanting to sit there and eat with a baby who's uncomfortable, but surely babes can wait while the food is boxed up... no??

BTW - I live in a very cold climate, so I get that it's not always convenient to be in and out. But if we did have to go outside? My older kids wouldn't complain, unless they were having a super off day, because they generally have better manners than that. And yeah, I have three kids, and I've never changed them anywhere "in public" other than a car or the stroller, when they were smaller. With my third I very occasionally used the diaper change stations in a public restroom, but those seem pretty icky to me. And I've been all over the country with my kids, lots of outings, etc. It never crossed my mind to change my kids in the open. If I saw another parent doing it on, say, a bench, I wouldn't mind or judge, but if it was inside a restaurant, or store, or something? Yeah. I'd totally be grossed out. I wouldn't complain to management, but I'd be seriously grossed out.

And for those people who brought breastfeeding into things - it's not the same at all. At all. Nursing is eating. Feeding a baby is fine anywhere. Well, except in a restroom, I guess. The two don't mix. Don't eat in the bathroom, don't change a baby in the eating area... Makes sense, no?

Old 08-17-2014, 01:49 AM

6,418 posts, read 7,250,361 times
I saw someone changing their young toddler's nappy at a dolphin show yesterday, standing up while they were queuing for photos with the dolphins. I guess it wasn't a poo nappy though as no one seemed to be batting an eyelid but it did make me think of this thread!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting