Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2014, 09:14 PM

29,391 posts, read 55,574,845 times

Advertisements

WJBF News Channel 6 has learned that the North Augusta woman who was arrested after allegedly saying the F-word in front of her kids in the Kroger store in North Augusta has received an apology from the woman who complained, which led to her arrest.

UPDATED ON 6: Mother Arrested for Using F-Word In Grocery Store - WJBF-TV ABC 6 Augusta-Aiken
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2014, 09:28 PM

3,149 posts, read 2,695,105 times
That tattle-tail needs to get knocked the f--- out!

Old 08-16-2014, 09:31 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,730,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wac_432 View Post
That tattle-tail needs to get knocked the f--- out!
From one extreme to the next. Seriously?

Old 08-16-2014, 11:07 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,004,288 times
From the article:

Quote:
Wolf moved to South Carolina with her family three weeks ago and a night at a grocery store has her wanting to move back to Ohio.
I don't blame her. If someone called the Ohio or Pennsylvania police to report someone swearing, the police would not come. They'd probably laugh. If they didn't laugh at the person directly, they'd have a blast laughing when they got off the phone. "Can you believe this woman? She wants us to come to the grocery store because someone used the F word!" What's amazing is the woman who called is apologizing, but the police aren't when they're the idiots who did this.

Old 08-16-2014, 11:39 PM

8,390 posts, read 11,597,224 times
It's getting down right frightening to be a parent. Can't let your kids play outside, can't say a cuss word all in fear of arrest.......just how much pressure will it require to be a decent parent. How much extra time does our law enforcement have now a days??

The word F--- doesn't mean the same thing to all people. It doesn't offend me at all. I'm not religious though.

I find it funny that a parent can legally walk around with a gun (which offends plenty of people) but can't legally walk around saying the F word or let your kids go to the park. People can let their dogs bark all day until 10 pm but can't let their kids play in the front yard.

When lacking manners gets you arrested we've got fundamental problems.

Old 08-16-2014, 11:40 PM

8,390 posts, read 11,597,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
From the article:

I don't blame her. If someone called the Ohio or Pennsylvania police to report someone swearing, the police would not come. They'd probably laugh. If they didn't laugh at the person directly, they'd have a blast laughing when they got off the phone. "Can you believe this woman? She wants us to come to the grocery store because someone used the F word!" What's amazing is the woman who called is apologizing, but the police aren't when they're the idiots who did this.
Must be low crime season. lol

Old 08-16-2014, 11:43 PM

5,413 posts, read 6,701,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
WJBF News Channel 6 has learned that the North Augusta woman who was arrested after allegedly saying the F-word in front of her kids in the Kroger store in North Augusta has received an apology from the woman who complained, which led to her arrest.

UPDATED ON 6: Mother Arrested for Using F-Word In Grocery Store - WJBF-TV ABC 6 Augusta-Aiken
Was this the case after the husband threw something into the cart that squashed the bread? I would be using the F=word myself in many interesting ways if that happened!! LOL!

Old 08-17-2014, 01:51 AM

6,418 posts, read 7,244,561 times
Arrested for swearing?! They'd hear a lot more than the f-word from me if they arrested me for that!

Old 08-17-2014, 08:05 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,004,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post
It's getting down right frightening to be a parent. Can't let your kids play outside, can't say a cuss word all in fear of arrest.......just how much pressure will it require to be a decent parent. How much extra time does our law enforcement have now a days??
South Carolina isn't looking good in the news lately. Both this swearing incident and the McDonald's mom incident both happened in South Carolina. The mom arrested for the boy riding his bike to the neighborhood park happened in Florida.

Old 08-17-2014, 08:15 AM

421 posts, read 556,173 times
Did anyone see the video. This woman did her self no favors. I didn't think she should be arrested for dropping the f bomb but I think there is way more to the story after watching the woman in question give an interview. She was ... Yeah she gave me bad vibes for sure.

I think there was way more then "dont smash the f-ing bread". I bet she was verbally abusive to everyone around her, including the cop and the lady who reported.

Of course I wasn't there but its my gut feel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting