U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2014, 11:11 PM

40,885 posts, read 32,642,286 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Of course.

It was an excellent opportunity to teach both of them that their mothers weren't "old". And, while my friend was trying on various hair pieces and her son was was frowning and groaning, I told him her nickname among the car pool dads: The Fox. That was a moment. Thirteen and he learned his own mother was hot. I'll never forget the look on his face.
Sweet!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2014, 12:44 AM

43,012 posts, read 88,940,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Thirteen and he learned his own mother was hot.
I inadvertently embarrassed my son for being hot at that age, and I didn't find out until much later. His school's cafeteria had all glass windows and was right next to the main entrance. When I was walking on the sidewalk along the windows to the building entrance during lunchtime to drop something off at the office, the boys at my son's lunch table were drooling over me. If that wasn't embarrassing enough, one of his friends straightened them out by saying, "That's X's Mom."

The same thing happened when some of my husband's coworkers saw me get out of the car in front of his building, but he wasn't embarrassed when one his coworkers told them I was X's wife. I sure was embarrassed when he told me about it when he got home.

Old 09-04-2014, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
I inadvertently embarrassed my son for being hot at that age, and I didn't find out until much later. His school's cafeteria had all glass windows and was right next to the main entrance. When I was walking on the sidewalk along the windows to the building entrance during lunchtime to drop something off at the office, the boys at my son's lunch table were drooling over me. If that wasn't embarrassing enough, one of his friends straightened them out by saying, "That's X's Mom."

The same thing happened when some of my husband's coworkers saw me get out of the car in front of his building, but he wasn't embarrassed when one his coworkers told them I was X's wife. I sure was embarrassed when he told me about it when he got home.
LOL not trying to brag, but this IS on topic. My boys' friends used to make my boys squirm by telling them, "Dude, your mom's hot." Now that they're older (in their 20s) they get more of a kick out of it.

I mean, I don't think I'm HOT in the 20 something sense but I do "keep myself up" and I think men of any age tend to notice that.

My dad, who is in his seventies, will still remark very favorably about women who in their 80s who keep themselves looking attractive! Some things change...and some things never change~!

Old 09-04-2014, 08:16 AM

506 posts, read 248,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eok View Post
One of my children is always embarrassed by me, no matter what I do.
So true!!!!!

Old 09-04-2014, 09:37 AM

43,012 posts, read 88,940,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
LOL not trying to brag, but this IS on topic. My boys' friends used to make my boys squirm by telling them, "Dude, your mom's hot." Now that they're older (in their 20s) they get more of a kick out of it.

I mean, I don't think I'm HOT in the 20 something sense but I do "keep myself up" and I think men of any age tend to notice that.

My dad, who is in his seventies, will still remark very favorably about women who in their 80s who keep themselves looking attractive! Some things change...and some things never change~!
I should clarify that was 10 years ago. I was 20-something hot until my early 40s. Now I'm just looking-good-for-my-age. LOL

Old 09-04-2014, 08:36 PM

7,778 posts, read 9,605,701 times
A thoroughly enjoyable thread...

Old 09-05-2014, 11:04 PM

Guess what - I just finished watching "Fiddler on the Roof" with my daughter who is now 30 years old. I didn't mention anything about this thread or playing "If I Were A Rich Man" while picking them up - but she told me about something funny that happened when she was a child and her grandmother had picked her and her brothers up from somewhere or was driving them somewhere.

They had that cassette tape of Fiddler On the Roof and had apparently brought it WITH them and asked her to play it in the car! Well, that was funny enough, but then she told me that it got to some extremely loud and boisterous part and their grandmother suddenly reached over and turned it off and said, 'I can't listen to that and drive at the same time."

HARARHAHRHAHRHAHHARHAR!

Then my daughter said, "Honestly - what sort of kids carry around a Fiddler on the Roof cassette tape?"

My kids.

Old 09-06-2014, 07:22 AM

10,608 posts, read 13,373,641 times
I owned a store and told an employee of mine to take a bag of trash (from a flood I had) from my house to my store dumpster.

He dumped it at a neighbors driveway with their trash instead.

Cops came, gave ME a fine. OK whatever....

My kid entered high school that week and when he went to class found the county newspaper folded neatly on on the desks.

They opened it up and there was a front page article about "WOMAN FINED FOR ILLEGAL DUMPING OF TRASH".

Yep.

Right next to Putin and other urgent world news.

Old 09-06-2014, 10:46 AM

1,242 posts, read 1,170,547 times
My mere presence is enough to embarrass my teen. That being said, I wouldn't TRY to embarrass her. My mom always did stuff to intentionally embarrass me and I hated it growing up. It seems very juvenile and petty.

Old 09-06-2014, 11:31 AM

5,413 posts, read 4,814,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eazine View Post
My mere presence is enough to embarrass my teen. That being said, I wouldn't TRY to embarrass her. My mom always did stuff to intentionally embarrass me and I hated it growing up. It seems very juvenile and petty.
Exactly! I am all for joking and having silly fun.....but trying to embarrass your child is like a parent hasn't gone past middle school.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or