Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2014, 09:03 PM

6,720 posts, read 8,388,075 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sxsuperxs View Post
He is worried about video games. However the computer is already monitored. I have my own login under kids and it has parental controls. So obviously the computer location has no correlation to my recent grades. I have an iPhone and if truly didn't want to study then I wouldn't. However the computer is an an absolute must , I need it for more than 5 hours a day
You could also get up early and use the computer before school. It probably quiet on the weekend mornings too. That will give you at least an hour to an hour and a half. It sucks, but you gotta do what you gotta do.
Then maybe take a nap in the afternoon and stay up a little late to finish up.

Old 09-03-2014, 09:04 PM

22,587 posts, read 47,649,975 times
Then use it... in the living room, with the headphones.

And quit cussing out your parents. It only shows your immaturity.

Old 09-03-2014, 09:05 PM

5,413 posts, read 6,704,089 times
Quote:
He is worried about video games. However the computer is already monitored. I have my own login under kids and it has parental controls. So obviously the computer location has no correlation to my recent grades. I have an iPhone and if truly didn't want to study then I wouldn't. However the computer is an an absolute must , I need it for more than 5 hours a day
Have you abused playing games in the past?

Old 09-03-2014, 09:05 PM

21 posts, read 28,512 times
So you build trust. Work on the computer, through all the distractions without complaint. Every time your father sees you on the computer, make sure you are ONLY using it for schoolwork. With time, he will begin to relax and trust you with the computer. If he catches you, even once, doing something inappropriate, it will ALL be over. Trust is earned, not given.

Old 09-03-2014, 09:07 PM

7 posts, read 8,163 times
I would use it in the living room but there has to be a rational reason behind the action. Simply stating "it's my house" is irrational. I was cussing them out to get some reaction out of them .

Old 09-03-2014, 09:09 PM

Miro I like your response. It makes sense, hopefully he will be able to understand and potentially move the computer. I just feel like studying is already hard but adding distractions is even harder

Old 09-03-2014, 09:11 PM

Quote:
I would use it in the living room but there has to be a rational reason behind the action. Simply stating "it's my house" is irrational. I was cussing them out to get some reaction out of them .
Humans are irrational about a lot of things....and cursing doesn't change that. I admit, I don't bet the angst your father has about a 17 year old with good grades having their own computer....it's not a hill I would ever think to die on.

However.....he has some trust issue here....and you aren't showing him that you are mature enough to get over that yet. Cursing at someone to get their attention is a toddler move.

Old 09-03-2014, 09:20 PM

Thank you for all of your responses. It seems that the consensus agrees that it is my fault. Whether directly of indirectly. I will attempt to comply with the computer in the living room. Thanks again.

Old 09-03-2014, 09:21 PM

I'm out of this parenting forum. Yuck.

Old 09-03-2014, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Thank you for all of your responses. It seems that the consensus agrees that it is my fault. Whether directly of indirectly. I will attempt to comply with the computer in the living room. Thanks again.
No....I don't think anyone thinks it's solely your fault - your dad has a good deal in this as well.....but your behavior hasn't helped your cause....and that is the only part that you can control at this point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting