Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-22-2014, 04:25 PM

29,391 posts, read 55,574,845 times

Advertisements

A preschool teacher in Woodridge, Virginia, has been charged with assault and battery after allegedly biting a 1-year-old student.

Theresa Brown, 24, a teacher at the Goddard School, was arrested Sept. 19 for an alleged incident on Sept. 11 where she bit a 13-month-old boy.

Preschool Teacher Theresa Brown Suspected Of Biting 1-Year-Old Child
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2014, 05:07 PM

113 posts, read 113,833 times
I have witnessed a few parents who bit their small children back,after their children bit them.I do not think the teacher was right.The parents who practised this form of punishment never bit hard,just enough so the child could experience the discomfort that they inflicted so the child would not bite anyone else.A teacher or anyone has no authority to do something like that,though.You never know what goes on in a place where little children are watched over by others.Careful,parents.

Old 09-22-2014, 09:19 PM

13,254 posts, read 33,507,910 times
Moved from the education forum. I don't think a one year old is really a "student".

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.

Old 09-23-2014, 02:20 PM

36,499 posts, read 54,051,718 times
Good lord did you see the criminal background this woman has? Do parents now have to run background checks on every employee of a day care? Can't people expect some type of assurance about the people taking care of their children? What kind of educational level does this woman have? What kind of experience with children?

I smell a lawsuit and this business should be closed. No parent could expect proper procedure or compliance with the law. Of course the child is not irreparably harmed but it never should have happened.

Old 09-23-2014, 02:24 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,698,048 times
I know of a preschool teacher in our community who was fired for biting a child. Another teacher saw her do it and reported her and the kid had bite marks on his finger. I never thought she had the personality to be working with young children.

Old 09-23-2014, 03:43 PM

15,860 posts, read 21,427,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
Good lord did you see the criminal background this woman has? Do parents now have to run background checks on every employee of a day care? Can't people expect some type of assurance about the people taking care of their children? What kind of educational level does this woman have? What kind of experience with children?

I smell a lawsuit and this business should be closed. No parent could expect proper procedure or compliance with the law. Of course the child is not irreparably harmed but it never should have happened.
My mom is the assistant director of a more expensive than average daycare in Georgia. The majority of staff is paid $9-10 an hour. Unfortunately, while there are some great teachers at daycares, the majority is scraping the bottom of the barrel. And the good ones tend to leave the classroom for management or get out as soon as they can due to the low pay. The stories I have heard...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting