U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2014, 09:33 AM

9 posts, read 7,065 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeurich View Post
So you hear from therapist? And you discuss about those with your daughter? Is is allowed by the therapist seriously? I mean I don't know how it goes there here we are advised that not to discuss at home, what we hear from therapist that is only information for us. And we are strictly advised not to do that at home because that will damage the process.
Pan-sexual is open to relationships with people who do not identify as strictly men or women it cannot take in to the term of sexual frustration as far as I know. But who is claiming as pan-sexual ? I think what you daughter went through is sexual emotions. As she was 13 or 14. I am quiet not sure why you want to bring it to boys parents? As it happened once and you hear from therapist I am quiet not sure if that is the best idea to discuss everywhere what you hear from your daughters therapist. I think you better wait till your daughter recover and therapy sessions are over. If the therapy sessions are complete you may get a chance to discuss with the therapist but that happens if your daughter is younger than 18.
I'm a Christian. I raised my daughter to be a good Christian woman, the bible says that being gay is a sin. That is why I used "sexual frustration."

It did not happen only once, I don't know how many times or how frequently, but it was certainly not just a one time thing.

Old 10-08-2014, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
For sure.

OP, I assume the "boy's parents" are your siblings or in-laws. This could be more than problematic.

Your daughter may have been abused herself.

No more forums. Seek out a family therapist ASAP.
The parents of the boy are my niece and her husband.

I asked her therapist and she told me that she sees signs of possible abuse, but my daughter doesn't believe she has been.

As for family therapy, my daughter refuses. She says she is in therapy enough and that if I force her to go she'll just sit there and not talk.

I honestly feel like I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place.

Old 10-08-2014, 09:40 AM

12,934 posts, read 19,849,086 times
Oh dear. Christian or not, you're a mother first and foremost. Is the therapist is a result of your attempt to "cure" your daughter?

You should probably seek out a different therapist, this time for yourself.

Old 10-08-2014, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie View Post
Oh dear. Christian or not, you're a mother first and foremost. Is the therapist is a result of your attempt to "cure" your daughter?

You should probably seek out a different therapist, this time for yourself.
The therapist is because she tried to kill herself January of 2013.

Old 10-08-2014, 09:48 AM

15,799 posts, read 8,817,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie View Post
I don't believe you'll get better advice here than in a therapist's office.
No kidding! I'm sorry, OP, but this is well beyond my pay grade. I will keep your family in my thoughts.

Last edited by randomparent; 10-08-2014 at 10:28 AM.. Reason: Missed a small word

Old 10-08-2014, 09:50 AM

12,976 posts, read 11,812,932 times
I really really hate threads like this.

OP, do us all a favor, ask the mods to delete this thread. Start a new one, and write all the pertinent information in the first post.

Old 10-08-2014, 09:55 AM

14,340 posts, read 20,612,151 times
OP I am so sorry you are going through this. Remember, you are the parent here. Your daughter may refuse to talk, but bring her to family therapy. If she refuses to go, go for yourself, you need it too.

I feel for your daughter, it sounds as if something tragic may have happened she isn't ready to tell you yet. It's a sticky situation because you want to protect your daughter, but the boy's parents need to know what happened.

Old 10-08-2014, 10:10 AM

1,723 posts, read 3,189,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LanaMomtana View Post
The therapist is because she tried to kill herself January of 2013.
oh jeeze, I'm so sorry to hear that.

Whatever your daughter is going through is something so horrific that she can't bear the pain of living with it.

You have to ask yourself why the therapist told you about the abuse in the first place. Is she afraid your daughter will try to commit suicide again?

I don't know how often your daughter is seeing this therapist, but I really think she needs to be in a controlled situation where she can't harm herself again.
Can you get her admitted somewhere?

At this point, I don't think telling the boy's parents will help your daughter. She's very fragile right now and telling those parents might put her over the edge especially if she doesn't see it as abuse at this time.

Old 10-08-2014, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
I really really hate threads like this.

OP, do us all a favor, ask the mods to delete this thread. Start a new one, and write all the pertinent information in the first post.
I thought I had... What else do you consider to be pertinent?

Old 10-08-2014, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauriedeee View Post
oh jeeze, I'm so sorry to hear that.

Whatever your daughter is going through is something so horrific that she can't bear the pain of living with it.

You have to ask yourself why the therapist told you about the abuse in the first place. Is she afraid your daughter will try to commit suicide again?

I don't know how often your daughter is seeing this therapist, but I really think she needs to be in a controlled situation where she can't harm herself again.
Can you get her admitted somewhere?

At this point, I don't think telling the boy's parents will help your daughter. She's very fragile right now and telling those parents might put her over the edge especially if she doesn't see it as abuse at this time.
She doesn't seem to be that serious anymore, from what the therapist and I can see. Why would I get her admitted somewhere? Also what do you mean by "she doesn't see it as abuse at this time"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or