Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2014, 02:50 PM

2,908 posts, read 3,872,601 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amisi View Post
You can call all the "bull feathers" you want. My daughter tried the tantrum crap ONE TIME. We were in a store, she wanted something, I told her no and she decided to throw herself on the floor and have a tantrum. Fine. I grabbed her by the ankle and pulled her along, continuing with my shopping and ignoring her tantrum. She was embarrassed enough to NEVER pull a tantrum again. Ever.

Turbulence???? They weren't even off the ground yet!
Did you drag her all the way home to your double wide?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2014, 04:13 PM

436 posts, read 420,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilCookie View Post
At 2 years old she was embarrassed?? Pretty sure a two year old has no concept of public humiliation, much less to the extent where they would make the connection to future behaviour.

It could very well be that your daughter never threw tantrums, but attribute it to luck of the draw, not your stellar parenting. I was that sort of child - obedient, quiet, no tantrums, no running, nothing. You could put me down and leave me and I'd still be sitting there an hour later. My mom did nothing special to accomplish that, it was just my temperament, but she thought it was normal and assumed other kids who threw tantrums were badly parented. It wasn't till she had my sister, who was a much more typical, active kid, tantrums and all, that she realized it was just me that had been a non-typical child, nothing to do with her parenting.

Bravo.

I could have written that word for word.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting