Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2014, 12:41 PM

2,071 posts, read 2,210,287 times

Advertisements

My answer would be different if you wanted kids but since you "never wanted kids", I would leave the decision of your participation in the child's life up to the mother. It is probable it would be easier for her, and better for the kid if you stayed out of their life.

Old 11-02-2014, 12:42 PM

34 posts, read 53,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
Well, it sucks to be her. Enjoy your child-free life!
I'm going to pay a very nice amount for the child so she could possibly use her own money to move to another place.

Old 11-02-2014, 12:42 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMOS99 View Post
Like I said, I value my personal freedom, I like to come and go as I please without commitment or family responsabilities. That doesn't along with having a child. I never had a good role model in my father so I could never be good to him (not talking about the abusive nature of my father of course).

I just think it's better to be honest now than to abandon him when he's old enough to remember it. It would be much worse then.
No matter what you think now, that child will have a mind of his own when he is older.And are you prepared to ever face him when he is older.

Old 11-02-2014, 12:43 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,168,171 times
Quote:
I'm going to pay a very nice amount for the child so she could possibly use her own money to move to another place.
Raising a child is HARD. Having some money helps - but it doesn't take the place of another parent.

Old 11-02-2014, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Yes, because women taking care of children by themselves have a ton of time to go out shopping for a father for their child.
She gets along well with her family, I'm sure they wouldn't mind taking care of the child once in a while so she can have a bit of time for herself.

Quote:
Do you have someone that does your laundry for you?
Yes, I do. But what does that have to do with this?

Old 11-02-2014, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
You are his father, not some other man. But whatever, kids are completely disposable to douchebags.
Why are you insulting me? Douchebags don't pay child support or even question these issues.

Old 11-02-2014, 12:46 PM

2,071 posts, read 2,210,287 times
Quote:
He doesn't have to grow up without a father. She's very attractive and intelligent, I'm sure she can find a man who will take the boy as his own.
Maybe. Some women with kids fail to accept that they will have to make compromises, and will hold out for Prince Charming forever.

Old 11-02-2014, 12:47 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,168,171 times
Quote:
She gets along well with her family, I'm sure they wouldn't mind taking care of the child once in a while so she can have a bit of time for herself.
Won't that be nice. So, once in awhile she can have a bit of time for herself in between not getting any sleep and having to deal with a newborn all by herself. You clearly have no idea what having a baby is like.

Quote:
Yes, I do. But what does that have to do with this?
You are clearly expecting someone else to come in and take care of this for you - I was just wondering if you were like this in all areas of life. You want to throw some money at her and have her find some other guy to be a daddy to your child. It seems you aren't really used to being responsible for yourself.

Old 11-02-2014, 12:51 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,134,528 times
Don't do this to your child. He or she will need both parents in their life. No amount of $$$ can take the place of that. Us who grew up missing one or both parents will tell you this. People like me can attest to this as well.

Please dude...Be there for the child. it's the only right thing to do. This world is often challenging enough for us as it is.

Old 11-02-2014, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
No matter what you think now, that child will have a mind of his own when he is older.And are you prepared to ever face him when he is older.
That's one of my main fears, that he comes looking for me one day. I don't know how I'll react or what he'll want from me.

Quote:
Raising a child is HARD. Having some money helps - but it doesn't take the place of another parent.
She'll be able to pay for daycare.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting