Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2014, 08:47 AM

1,223 posts, read 1,688,008 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletG View Post
So by showing her and going shopping you kept other parents away from their families for corporate greed and are pleased about it....yeah...you should be so proud of yourself. No wonder your mother cried
Exactly what did that have to do with ANYTHING I was talking about?? You have issues with stores being open and people having to work on the holiday then I have no problem debating that issue with you in another thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2014, 11:00 AM

8,886 posts, read 5,368,429 times
Quote:
So by showing her and going shopping you kept other parents away from their families for corporate greed and are pleased about it....yeah...you should be so proud of yourself. No wonder your mother cried
I think you are on the wrong forum.

Old 11-29-2014, 01:32 PM

997 posts, read 1,060,957 times
Quote:
I fail to understand how this is a helpful comment. It's totally irrelevant.

Whether or not the OP took advantage of Thanksgiving Day sales had no bearing on the families of people who had to work - had he not gone shopping, they STILL would have had to work. My daughter had to work from 6:30p.m. Thanksgiving night until 4 a.m. on Black Friday morning. She had NO choice, had she refused, she'd be out of her job. I think it's awful that stores are open on Thanksgiving, but many people think it's a great idea. If you don't like it, then don't go shopping, but don't blame the OP for doing what he wanted.

Old 12-01-2014, 07:15 AM

1,538 posts, read 2,304,524 times
I think you made the right decision. Its just too soon, if ever, for you and this guy to be in the same room. Your kids are old enough to understand. My parents divorced when I was 16, and I'm happy to tell you that 20 years later we all had a nice Thanksgiving together last week. There is no way that would have happened in the beginning, and there were never any boyfriends/girlfriends involved. I think you handled this difficult situation as best you could.

Old 12-01-2014, 08:11 AM

16,711 posts, read 19,407,583 times
Quote:
You are off topic here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting