U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2015, 06:39 PM

4,911 posts, read 3,949,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girl View Post
I freaked out the first time I found lice in my kids' hair. Spent the entire night doing laundry, nitpicking (although I opted just to shave my son's head since it was summertime), throwing every article of clothing and toy in bags. Washing every surface with bleach, etc.

The fourth time they came home from school with lice? Just a sigh and trip to CVS to pick up RID after putting their sheets in the wash.

With them being in school with other kids all day, it's gonna happen. It's just a matter of when.
Oh no it's not! Every year when my kids were in school, some kids had lice. Every year. My kids NEVER got them. Of course, I had boys who had short hair, so I'm sure that helped!

Kids with long hair were advised to keep it up, either in ponies, braids, or buns. Hats, jackets, and scarves were NEVER to be shared, never to be put into piles, and always put into their OWN lockers. Always.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 02:12 PM

1 posts
Default Lice is not Contagious, it spreads through direct contact

Head Lice is not contagious, it never was.
Let us know ho head lice spreads?
1)Head lice donít jump, they donít continue to exist on your pets and don't spread through them.
2)Also, they don't have anything to do with personal hygiene
3)The main reason of spreading head lice is by head-to-head contact. This implies your kid should be touching heads with somebody who has head lice. This might happen throughout sports, slumber parties or play time in or outside of schools, playgrounds etc.
4)A less likely way to spread head lice is by sharing personal things which touch the heads like hats, hair brushes and hair accessories

If you got head lice problem, the best chemical lice treatment solution is using Lice-Nil, natural head lice treatment oil.

Old Today, 03:16 PM

25,416 posts, read 5,157,346 times
Kwell shampoo designed to kill head and pubic lice...

Old Today, 03:45 PM

5,412 posts, read 4,886,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFlyingBird View Post
our schools dont let the kids come back until they pass a nit test (no eggs in their hair at all)
My school no longer sends kids home at all!

Old Today, 06:21 PM

1,338 posts, read 433,613 times
One funny note on this when DS got them; he was 6, so this was around 1990. His pediatrician told me that lice became more prevalent after DDT was banned! He got it in daycare; the mother of the little girl who was the source was terribly embarrassed, but we were from the DDT generation when it was more prevalent among kids with poor hygiene. RID worked for us and he never had it again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting