Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2015, 07:50 PM

47 posts, read 60,347 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallsAngel View Post
I don't need a lecture from an ER doctor about sexuality especially with snark like "I know it's really hard in this country to wrap your head around the idea of not sleeping with everything that moves,". In my professional practice, as pediatric/adolescent nurse, it's not my place to judge the sexual practices of my patients; it's to protect them from disease when possible.
I am not an ER Doc....LOL

Again too personal, vested interest maybe??? HMMMM intriguing!!!! ... You seem to not have enough willingness to look into facts not propaganda handed to you with a better then though attitude... You my friend are very interesting sitting on this thread, very intently I see. again hmmmm It does take all kinds in our industry, well I guess you serve a purpose as well. Good for you, keep on doing what you do best.

Old 01-25-2015, 07:53 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelMama View Post
I am not an ER Doc....LOL

Again too personal, vested interest maybe HMMMM intriguing!!!! ... Not enough willingness to look into facts not propaganda handed to you with a better then though attitude... You my friend are very interesting sitting on this thread very intently I see. again hmmmm
No, the person I quoted is. She does not have a background in immunizations. They don't give immunizations in the ER, except for Tetanus for wound prophylaxis. I do not appreciate your amateur psychoanalysis, either. Believe me, if I should seek out therapy, I'd go to someone qualified, not someone who thinks they can analyze a person they have never met over the internet, which a qualified person would never do.

Old 01-25-2015, 07:54 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,356,098 times
Quote:
I don't need a lecture from an ER doctor about sexuality especially with snark like "I know it's really hard in this country to wrap your head around the idea of not sleeping with everything that moves,". In my professional practice, as pediatric/adolescent nurse, it's not my place to judge the sexual practices of my patients; it's to protect them from disease when possible.
Thank you for that. When I take my kids to see their pediatrician, I always leave the room for a short time to allow them to discuss sensitive issues they might not want me to overhear. I have always told them the same. Their doctor's job is to listen and advise, not to judge.

Old 01-25-2015, 07:55 PM

Quote:
No, the person I quoted is. She does not have a background in immunizations. They don't give immunizations in the ER. I do not appreciate your amateur psychoanalysis, either. Believe me, if I should seek out therapy, I'd go to someone qualified, not someone who thinks they can analyze a person they have never met over the internet, which a qualified person would never do.
My you have issues with others opinions, which is sad indeed.... Keep going lady really you are interesting.

Old 01-25-2015, 07:57 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,444,796 times
Quote:
I love the Pro G people here....LOL Taking it a little too personal?! As for in the industry I was a Nurse practitioner and went on to a become a Dr.
Are you an M.D.? what is your background in immunology?

Old 01-25-2015, 07:59 PM

15,479 posts, read 15,610,872 times
It's all about $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. Nothing else.

Old 01-25-2015, 08:03 PM

Capital fuels research and development of drugs that make a real difference in lives like mine. Thank goodness it's a profitable business venture.

Old 01-25-2015, 08:07 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
Are you an M.D.? what is your background in immunology?
I see she's a naturopath:

Quote:
I am a I naturapath only put this so those questioning know... I do care about dyes, organic, etc.

Old 01-25-2015, 09:14 PM

Quote:
I see she's a naturopath:
Actually I was a Nurse practitioner and went on to a become a Dr. and for many reasons went to Naturopathy. My credentials are not in question, have never been by my patients, colleagues or the ones I teach.

For those on here who are too vested, too rude, I will no longer deal with. There are many facts that are out there, seek and you shall find. LOOK, knowledge is power folks, use it or have your mind run by others. Enough said, ____. If you don't think people are paid to hassle, sit on these things for a few purposes well I don't know what to tell you. Have a nice night, I see you will be sitting on this one.

Old 01-25-2015, 09:25 PM

I think there is room for both approaches in fighting disease. Regardless of whether or not the pharmaceutical industry is in it for the money -- what business isn't? -- it produces drugs that make a tremendous difference in public health. I treat my chronic disease with both traditional medicine and non-traditional methods, taking special care to ensure that they are complementary. As for Gardasil, I have chosen to vaccinate my children against HPV, because after much consideration, I decided it would be to their benefit. I fully understand that others have reached a different decision, and I respect that choice.

Last edited by randomparent; 01-25-2015 at 09:49 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting