U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2008, 04:31 PM

875 posts, read 759,249 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
Just saw where a mother was ARRESTED for filing a FALSE report that her ex-boyfriend kidnapped their kids. After the police arrested the father/boyfriend and interviewed him they determined that he was being straight up w/ them and was legit and the mother was the one lying. This was in Texas too. They even spoke to the young children (2 & 6) who stated that the father was telling the truth. The mother told the police the father kidnapped them at gunpoint. She is now behind bars and he has the kids. Oh, this happened this week and just made the news today here in Texas. Because she lied and told the police that he "kidnapped" them at "gunpoint" it was put out as an Amber Alert and manhunt that went on for 7 hours. If the mother of your kids DOES indeed file a report of kidnapping w/ the police and they find out she fabricated it just like this woman she will be the one behind bars and will have to bail out. The dad was released after they figured out he was in the clear and she lied.
I just heard that on the news too......wonder if it's our OP?? lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2008, 04:35 PM

14,874 posts, read 36,242,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladysrodgers View Post
I just heard that on the news too......wonder if it's our OP?? lol
It was in Mesquite. Looks like the OP lives in El Paso. Those are WAY TOO FAR away from each other. Unless he really lives in Mesquite and just put El Paso to throw people off. But this guy was arrested and released on the 7th so I doubt it. Kind of odd that a similiar thing happened though. I'm betting this kind of thing happens ALL the time and a lot more than more people realize. The police are probably used to it and would know when they got the "kidnapper" if it was fabricated or not.

Old 01-11-2008, 11:23 AM

1,969 posts, read 5,286,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
Just saw where a mother was ARRESTED for filing a FALSE report that her ex-boyfriend kidnapped their kids. After the police arrested the father/boyfriend and interviewed him they determined that he was being straight up w/ them and was legit and the mother was the one lying. This was in Texas too. They even spoke to the young children (2 & 6) who stated that the father was telling the truth. The mother told the police the father kidnapped them at gunpoint. She is now behind bars and he has the kids. Oh, this happened this week and just made the news today here in Texas. Because she lied and told the police that he "kidnapped" them at "gunpoint" it was put out as an Amber Alert and manhunt that went on for 7 hours. If the mother of your kids DOES indeed file a report of kidnapping w/ the police and they find out she fabricated it just like this woman she will be the one behind bars and will have to bail out. The dad was released after they figured out he was in the clear and she lied.

This is good news for the OP - having a situation to relate to.........he still needs an attorney though.

Thanks for sharing!

Old 01-11-2008, 06:25 PM

9,173 posts, read 20,201,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEVOW View Post
quick question:to make a long story short, i have 2 kids with my ex, on new years she agreed to "give"them to me, her & my daughter had an issue, and she told my kids, tell your dad to come pick up your clothes.I did, talked to the kids and they agreed that they wanted to live with me, anyway, my ex called me later & told me, you can have them but im not going to pay you child support.After all this i moved fast, went to the child support office to see what were my options, they gave me a form, pretty extensive, i filled it out, the only thing is this form was asking for info that she had, socials etc etc..I called her up & told her i need the kids socials, she was like for what, and i was because i need them for the Child Support, she declined and told me, i'll call tomorrow & switch it up, but im only going to give you,what you were giving me, i make alot of money, and i'll be dammed if they take 500 away from my check.I told her but its for your kids, she was like i dont care, anyway today she called and told me, she was calling the cops so they could arrest me for Kidnapping, i guess she found out, how much she had to pay and backed out of the deal, the child support office already knows they been living with me since new years, can i get arrested for this?
I hope that by now you've gotten legal advice. Although I might tell my daughter she can live with her father, it will never happen as long as I am alive.

I can tell you that in this state, you have to get a court order last time I needed to change a child support order. My ex had my son for a month.. I offered to let him keep his support for that time.. wow, what a fiasco. I think I ended up writing him my own check after I got his.

If you seriously want custody, see the attorney, let him talk to the kids, then return them to their mother. Get a court date and do it legally. Even if the kids are old enough to decide, the judge has to be the one to ok it

Quote:
Originally Posted by nic529 View Post
OMG - get an attorney! If your in NJ, PM me and I will give you the name of a great one. Sounds like those kids are better off with you anyway. Good luck and keep us posted.
Ever hear of Stan Gregory in Mount Holly? He's one kick butt divorce attorney!

Old 01-12-2008, 02:14 PM
LML

7,109 posts, read 7,918,520 times
My son's ex told him the only way he could have custody of his daughter is if he kept paying HER the support payment every month. Rather than take a chance of not having his daughter, my son did just that. He took custody of his daughter and continued to pay his ex the support payment every month until their daughter was 18 years old. This was 15 years ago when the law always gave the mother custody and he just did not want to take a chance of having his daughter raised by the mentally unstable woman that was his ex.

Old 01-14-2008, 09:40 AM

1,969 posts, read 5,286,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
Ever hear of Stan Gregory in Mount Holly? He's one kick butt divorce attorney!

I recognize the name but thats about as far as it goes for me.

Old 01-14-2008, 01:32 PM

1 posts, read 3,112 times
Default sorry miserable a** woman

I was just reading some of the postings on this site and see that my two brothers and my boyfriend are not the only ones that I thought was being taken advantage of by the state of NJ and these trifling a@# woman they called baby mothers. They are not dead beat dads and interact with there kids all the time (when allowed by the mothers). I am in search of help for these men because the only reason why the mothers put them on child support is because the fathers have moved on to a better woman and now they are jealous.
My boyfriend pays over $200 in support for two kids and has court ordered vistitations. But because he is in another relationship she has since moved and don't know where they moved to nor does he have a phone number to contact the kids at. His kids are 15 and 20 and the 20 year is in college and is forbidden to contact him. He has been arrested and continuously she takes him back and forth to court whenever she sees them with something she hasn't seen before. This chick has another baby with another man and still won't leave us alone. I inherited a house recently, but she doesn't know that it was left to me she thinks that WE as a couple purchased it. Guess what? A couple of days ago he got a letter stating that there is a warrant for his arrest...which means her dumb a@* has called child support again. What gets me is he pays everyweek and they still come for him. Because he is the only one that works right now I am looking for an attorney that is affordable or that can point us in the right direction on how to handle this situation.
Ait's a shame that I as a woman with a childs father that doesn't do SH!@ for my child and I don't bother him because he will get what he has coming to him in the end! Money to a child isn't everything it's the TIME spent(the bond) with the child that matters most!
So, for those miserable a@! baby mommas you B's need to get a grip and stand on your own two feet cause you aren't hurting anyone but your child.

Old 01-14-2008, 02:00 PM

9,173 posts, read 20,201,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nic529 View Post
I recognize the name but thats about as far as it goes for me.
Keep him in mind if you need a great attorney. He also does social security / disability.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fedupwiththebabymommas View Post
I was just reading some of the postings on this site and see that my two brothers and my boyfriend are not the only ones that I thought was being taken advantage of by the state of NJ and these trifling a@# woman they called baby mothers. They are not dead beat dads and interact with there kids all the time (when allowed by the mothers). I am in search of help for these men because the only reason why the mothers put them on child support is because the fathers have moved on to a better woman and now they are jealous.
If they are in Burlington County go talk to Stan. I've taken one ex to court to enforce visitation.. sad isn't it? I have to have a judge court order the ex to see my son

It's very sad they aren't "allowed" to see their kids, I know of someone else in this situation and totally disagree with it. No matter what problems I have had with my ex's, they do see their kids. Right now my daughter doesn't want to go so I don't force her (there were 3 deaths, 2 in his house, 1 across the street). Right now she can't deal with it every other week. Funny, I don't see my ex calling, emailing or faxing that it bothers him

Quote:
My boyfriend pays over $200 in support for two kids and has court ordered vistitations. But because he is in another relationship she has since moved and don't know where they moved to nor does he have a phone number to contact the kids at. His kids are 15 and 20 and the 20 year is in college and is forbidden to contact him. He has been arrested and continuously she takes him back and forth to court whenever she sees them with something she hasn't seen before.
Sounds like he has a crappy attorney. Really. My ex wouldn't give me a phone number until the judge told him he has to.

I also don't understand why he keeps getting arrested.

Quote:
This chick has another baby with another man and still won't leave us alone. I inherited a house recently, but she doesn't know that it was left to me she thinks that WE as a couple purchased it. Guess what? A couple of days ago he got a letter stating that there is a warrant for his arrest...which means her dumb a@* has called child support again. What gets me is he pays everyweek and they still come for him. Because he is the only one that works right now I am looking for an attorney that is affordable or that can point us in the right direction on how to handle this situation.
Ait's a shame that I as a woman with a childs father that doesn't do SH!@ for my child and I don't bother him because he will get what he has coming to him in the end! Money to a child isn't everything it's the TIME spent(the bond) with the child that matters most!
So, for those miserable a@! baby mommas you B's need to get a grip and stand on your own two feet cause you aren't hurting anyone but your child.
Why don't you make a new post? Put it in the NJ forum since it's state specific. I'd love to hear more and give you advice if I can but don't want to throw the OP's post too far off topic.

Sorry you're going through this.

Old 01-15-2008, 09:30 AM

875 posts, read 759,249 times
Quote:

Woah, hold on there a minute. It doesn't matter if these men have moved on to other women, they still have the responsibility to support their children.

My boyfriend pays over $200 in support for two kids and has court ordered vistitations. But because he is in another relationship she has since moved and don't know where they moved to nor does he have a phone number to contact the kids at.

He needs to contact the child support office.

His kids are 15 and 20 and the 20 year is in college and is forbidden to contact him. He has been arrested and continuously she takes him back and forth to court whenever she sees them with something she hasn't seen before. This chick has another baby with another man and still won't leave us alone. I inherited a house recently, but she doesn't know that it was left to me she thinks that WE as a couple purchased it. Guess what? A couple of days ago he got a letter stating that there is a warrant for his arrest...which means her dumb a@* has called child support again.

Oh come on, there has to be more to it than that. They wouldn't just issue a warrant if he was caught up on support.

What gets me is he pays everyweek and they still come for him. Because he is the only one that works right now I am looking for an attorney that is affordable or that can point us in the right direction on how to handle this situation.

Time with the children is VERY important, but so is helping to support them financially.

I'm sorry but your story has too many holes in it that don't add up.

Old 01-15-2008, 10:01 AM

3,893 posts, read 9,361,850 times
I wish the OP would update.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or