Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2015, 12:03 PM

4 posts, read 7,224 times

Advertisements

And i just cant pick up my bags and go to another province my parents told me i will have no where to live, that i would die on the street.

Old 03-14-2015, 12:08 PM

10,196 posts, read 9,834,095 times
The real issue, is the Stockholm syndrome you are likely suffering deeply from. You are going to need mental health services to break that and learn how to live in society.

Old 03-14-2015, 12:18 PM

3,070 posts, read 5,216,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish24 View Post
And i just cant pick up my bags and go to another province my parents told me i will have no where to live, that i would die on the street.
Well, this isn't really a parenting issue but a mental health one. You are an adult and don't seem to want or feel capable of making adult decisions, so I'm not sure what we can offer aside from contacting the Clsc.

Old 03-14-2015, 12:38 PM

2,062 posts, read 2,532,859 times
At least you have access to a computer. Can you learn French online or take a class in it? How do your parents find work ? Do they speak French? Can you start some sort of home based business to earn some money ? Are you an only child?Is your family in a religious cult?

There is a game called Second life that you can join for free interact with others in a game setting on the computer. It is not perfect but you can at least make friends without leaving the house. It may at least help with your depression while you find a way out of this situation. Do not lose heart.

Second Life Official Site - Virtual Worlds, Avatars, Free 3D Chat

Old 03-14-2015, 12:43 PM

1,638 posts, read 3,821,082 times
I think you need to pack your stuff and leave. In the US there would be shelters you could go to, I have no idea what Canada has available to people in your situation. That sounds like a miserable life, and you need to leave.

Old 03-14-2015, 12:44 PM

1,638 posts, read 3,821,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFlyingBird View Post
The real issue, is the Stockholm syndrome you are likely suffering deeply from. You are going to need mental health services to break that and learn how to live in society.
I agree. Your parents are trying to scare you because they want to maintain control of you. They sound mentally ill and what they have done is not normal. It is abusive. You really need to get some help. They are not a proper representation of "reality." They sound delusional, if not downright crazy.

Old 03-14-2015, 01:21 PM

3,205 posts, read 2,608,256 times
Do you only speak English? What nationality are you? Do you have a copy of your birth certificate? Are you sure that these people are your parents?

I am completely serious.

Old 03-14-2015, 02:31 PM

2,062 posts, read 2,532,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rugrats2001 View Post
Do you only speak English? What nationality are you? Do you have a copy of your birth certificate? Are you sure that these people are your parents?

I am completely serious.
You think this young man could be a missing kidnapped child? Good point.

Old 03-14-2015, 02:40 PM

3,070 posts, read 5,216,043 times
Come on guys, look at the username. Hey, there are over one million of us anglophones in Quebec. All government agencies like the clsc have bilingual social workers. He's been looking for a job for five years? He obviously speaks SOME French and has left the house, just worried about olf fines. We're not getting a post from a cage. If this post is real (again, username), let's not be ridiculous about kidnapped babies. Obviously there are mental health issues to some degree.

Old 03-14-2015, 02:55 PM

2,170 posts, read 3,294,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliss2 View Post
Come on guys, look at the username. Hey, there are over one million of us anglophones in Quebec. All government agencies like the clsc have bilingual social workers. He's been looking for a job for five years? He obviously speaks SOME French and has left the house, just worried about olf fines. We're not getting a post from a cage. If this post is real (again, username), let's not be ridiculous about kidnapped babies. Obviously there are mental health issues to some degree.

HAHAHA people love a good story, so they can spin it and come up with theories. People are buying into this "can't leave the house". "post from a cage "LMAO

The OP is having the time of his life laughing somewhere at the repsonses while he rolls around in peanut butter
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting