U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Thread summary:

Living with mom: SS check, mail, rental residence, household expenses, personal property

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2008, 10:33 AM

934 posts, read 939,525 times

Advertisements

what a tough situation for you to be in!

I really agree that you need to give her options (and scaring her of government might be a good thing!)

- stay, sell everything, and pay us X amount a month
-move back home
- sell everything, get an apartment here

I would give 2 weeks to make the decision. Regardless of her decision, she needs to make a will and/or living will/ trust. She's not getting any younger.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2008, 08:19 PM

3,871 posts, read 15,243,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grammyx5 View Post
... Would it be wrong if I asked my mother to help pay her share of the monthly expenses? I'm really scared to ask her ... My husband...won't say any thing to her either...

Hi, grammyx5.
We teach people HOW to treat us by how we LET them treat us. With every word you don't say, and every action you don't take, and every anger you swallow, you are teaching this woman to treat you with as much hatred as she has for herself.

Look at how you are teaching your children to throw away their integrity as you have thrown away yours, and live their lives as scardey-pants 8 year olds!

Life is not intended to be slavery. Blood relatives are sometimes only the humans who provided bodies and upbringing for the energies, us, who were ready to come to this life. Blood relatives are slave masters only if we grant them slave mastery.

Since both you and your husband are over 21, it's time you both stop being scardey-pants 8 year olds and feel, think and behave like the powerful, centered adults who are waiting within you.

Last edited by allforcats; 01-24-2008 at 08:29 PM..

Old 01-25-2008, 01:46 PM

24,865 posts, read 59,882,145 times
Just move into her house. Leave her at yours. If she asks, tell her that you are just visiting her for a while.

Old 01-25-2008, 08:46 PM

3,871 posts, read 15,243,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
Just move into her house. Leave her at yours. If she asks, tell her that you are just visiting her for a while.

Yes yes excellent brilliant!! Now THAT's REAL advice.

Old 01-26-2008, 09:40 PM

3,367 posts, read 9,883,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grammyx5 View Post
My 80 years old mother came for a "month" visit in 2004. She is still living with us and has changed her SS check, mail, doctors, etc., to reflect this. She still owns her residence in AZ, plus 1 rental residence (receives $450 rent per mo), 1 commercial unimproved building lot, and 20 acres in northern Arizona. She does not contribute to our everyday household expenses, groceries, car expenses, etc. Twice in the past three years her house in AZ has been broken into and burgurlarized. Both times she acted like "oh well...", yet she insisted that my husband and I go back and secure the house and assess the damages and losses. She very reluctantly reimburses us for some of our expenses. We are still out over $1600.00 of our money not to mention vacation time taken from work. She refuses to sell any of her properties. They are sitting and deteriorating, not to mention the vandalisim and loss of personal property and family treasures. She refuses to make a will or living trust. My mother is not dessituted. My husband and I are $165,000 in debt due to illness and a failed business and are trying to pay it off and avoid bankruptcy. Would it be wrong if I asked my mother to help pay her share of the monthly expenses? I'm really scared to ask her, she has always been abussive toward me and I know I'll have to hear all about how ungrateful I am. I'll just keep my mouth shou, it's better than taking the wrath of her. My husband is very tolerant and won't say any thing to her either. He dosen't want her wrath either. Sorry, thanks for letting me vent...
How you getting on? Hope all OK???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or