Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2015, 04:00 PM

4,471 posts, read 9,831,554 times

Advertisements

I'm pretty sure the movie she was at was Tomorrowland, which is PG. I read that in another post somewhere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2015, 04:06 PM

15,250 posts, read 12,944,888 times
Nicole Skaro is a RE agent in Waconia, MN.

It's an interesting gamble she's taking here. Selling real estate is all about "front" -- your image.

I am not at all sure that writing this article is going to net positive results for her. There's the cancer-kid pity factor. But there's also the I've-had-it-up-to-HERE-with-entitled-parents factor.

The man she belittles might have bought a house from her if she hadn't self-righteously taken on the entire theatre, then called him a coward in print.

There was a right way to handle this.

Instead, met Nicole Skaro: Entitled parent who does what she pleases. If I listed my house with her, would she bring her kids over to splash in my pool during open houses?

Old 05-28-2015, 04:26 PM

19,797 posts, read 9,331,249 times
I feel very sorry for the mom, and I disagree with those who think 20-month olds should not be brought to G-Rated Disney cartoons (or animated features) although I would hope these very young toddlers would only attend matinees.

(If this WAS a PG feature, as others have said, then I do agree that children under the age of six or so should be left at home.)

Finally, to many of the posters on this thread, I truly hope that you are not as hard-hearted as you seem to be.

Last edited by katharsis; 05-28-2015 at 04:49 PM..

Old 05-28-2015, 04:27 PM

1,514 posts, read 2,119,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
Nicole Skaro is a RE agent in Waconia, MN.

It's an interesting gamble she's taking here. Selling real estate is all about "front" -- your image.

I am not at all sure that writing this article is going to net positive results for her. There's the cancer-kid pity factor. But there's also the I've-had-it-up-to-HERE-with-entitled-parents factor.

The man she belittles might have bought a house from her if she hadn't self-righteously taken on the entire theatre, then called him a coward in print.

There was a right way to handle this.

Instead, met Nicole Skaro: Entitled parent who does what she pleases. If I listed my house with her, would she bring her kids over to splash in my pool during open houses?
Yup. And then get mad at you when the house didn't sell.

Old 05-28-2015, 04:30 PM

1,515 posts, read 2,272,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiogirl22 View Post
I'm pretty sure the movie she was at was Tomorrowland, which is PG. I read that in another post somewhere.
Interesting. Doesn't seem to be a movie geared for 2 year olds? Our family is planning on seeing it. If a toddler was laughing and giggling constantly as she stated in her blog I would be highly pissed as well. Just because it is a Disney movie doesn't give her the freedom to bring a child of any age to the theater. I would probably have handled it differently like complaining to theater management.

Now if was fare like SpongeBob Square Pants where it very loud, very silly and the audience isn't looking for a dramatic adventure, I could see this being more appropriate fare. As others have said, a G rated movie geared at the little ones.

Old 05-28-2015, 04:36 PM

171 posts, read 196,834 times
the only disney movie playing in eden prairie is tomorrowland.

that kid is too young for a movie like that, or really any movie. at the theatre or at home.

too many parents that age take their kid to inappropriate stuff. I always see kids who are basically babies at fancy restaurants, bars, coffee shops, etc. the kid most likely does not want to be there.

Old 05-28-2015, 04:44 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,823,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek
I dunno, I can't say I blame the man.
Ya these days IT TAKES VERY LITTLE to set people off!!!

Old 05-28-2015, 04:58 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,894,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whocares811 View Post
I feel very sorry for the mom, and I disagree with those who think 20-month olds should not be brought to G-Rated Disney cartoons (or animated features) although I would hope these very young toddlers would only attend matinees.

(If this WAS a PG feature, as others have said, then I do agree that children under the age of six or so should be left at home.)

Finally, to many of the posters on this thread, I truly hope that you are not as hard-hearted as you seem to be.
I'm not hard-hearted. I'm practical.

It wasn't a cartoon. It was Tomorrowland. Doesn't matter, though. Babies should not be brought into movie theaters. Period.

Old 05-28-2015, 05:08 PM

749 posts, read 851,870 times
Disney movies, hotels, cruises, theme parks - all are off limits to folks being cranky about kids/babies noises and other general aggravations, all things Disney should be for kids to enjoy as much as possible!

Sick of all these 'open letters' and other ways people now try to get pats on their backs, sympathy and acknowledgment for their 'special' situations and problems.

Old 05-28-2015, 05:13 PM

6,895 posts, read 5,854,763 times
Of course, the "open letter" links back to her FB page with its GoFundMe. So yeah.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting