Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2015, 08:48 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,088,332 times

Advertisements

Dear stranger who crossed my path at the pool/Target/public playground/library/poster paint aisle at Michael's. My kid called you a name. I want him to apologize to you but I need you to fill out this form to find out how your feel about that. Check all the boxes that apply. Thanks.

__I get offended easily

__I consider myself a victim of _____________ discrimination.

__My kids say rude things to strangers so I think your kid is normal.

__Why should he apologize? He's right. I am _____________ and I'm very well adjusted.

__Make the little bugger apologize.

__I'm a registered sex offender. I want your kid to come sit on my knee.

__Your son doesn't look like you. Is he __adopted __the result of an affair __ just funny looking.

__Go away.

__My kids say worse. No one likes them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2015, 08:48 PM

7,302 posts, read 6,891,719 times
When I was in good shape in my younger years, I was proud of the hard work the made me fit and healthy. Showing it off was apropreate.
Due tO injuries and drasTic changes in MY life style, I've added some weight that is not quit so becomming ,so showing it of is INAPPROPREATE.
IMO
It is wrong to celibrate some one's abuse of them self, especially in public.
But that's my opinion, and I live by it.
Now I have been bullied as a child but no one bullies me now and I don't bully any one either.
If a child is merely takng note of some one's unusual charicteristics in a currious manor ,I see nothing wrong with that, Kids need to be some what free to express themself with in reason. so long as it is not an attack ment in cruelty.
People have poor communication skills because so much is being suppressed ..
Kids don't ask enough quetions as it is.
If your afraid of being challanged, you got the problem.
Don't have so much pride, you can't look it up together.
Would you respect a doctor that lied to you about your weight problem ?
Honestly

Old 06-18-2015, 08:53 PM

13,979 posts, read 25,891,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Dear stranger who crossed my path at the pool/Target/public playground/library/poster paint aisle at Michael's. My kid called you a name. I want him to apologize to you but I need you to fill out this form to find out how your feel about that. Check all the boxes that apply. Thanks.

__I get offended easily

__Why should he apologize? He's right. I am _____________ and I'm very well adjusted.

__Your son doesn't look like you. Is he __adopted __the result of an affair __ just funny looking.

__Go away.

Thanks for this, I'll make copies.

Old 06-18-2015, 09:25 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,235,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
You are the one who is depicting a "scene" not me. I clearly explained that there would be no "scene" in my example. The "scene" is the problem, not the apology.
Quote:
Yep. My priority was raising kids who were polite and didn't mouth off in public.

Hang me from the yardarm because I succeeded.
Quote:
Please do share how we are to know what response the victim would prefer. Understanding that not everyone feels as you do.
Quote:

__I get offended easily

__Go away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie View Post
Thanks for this, I'll make copies.
The amount of concern shown for the actual victim is quite touching. Really. And let me just say that more people than you think feel the way I do about fake/forced apologies.

Old 06-18-2015, 09:26 PM

Also, just in case you missed my point.

IT IS NOT ABOUT YOU AND YOUR CHILD. It is about the person who was hurt by your child's words and/or actions.

Old 06-18-2015, 09:30 PM

6,489 posts, read 8,786,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
When I was in good shape in my younger years, I was proud of the hard work the made me fit and healthy. Showing it off was apropreate.
Due tO injuries and drasTic changes in MY life style, I've added some weight that is not quit so becomming ,so showing it of is INAPPROPREATE.
IMO
It is wrong to celibrate some one's abuse of them self, especially in public.
But that's my opinion, and I live by it.
Now I have been bullied as a child but no one bullies me now and I don't bully any one either.
If a child is merely takng note of some one's unusual charicteristics in a currious manor ,I see nothing wrong with that, Kids need to be some what free to express themself with in reason. so long as it is not an attack ment in cruelty.
People have poor communication skills because so much is being suppressed ..
Kids don't ask enough quetions as it is.
If your afraid of being challanged, you got the problem.
Don't have so much pride, you can't look it up together.
Would you respect a doctor that lied to you about your weight problem ?
Honestly

WTH?!?!?

It sounds like you are saying fat people should not be seen in public.

Old 06-18-2015, 09:37 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,399,744 times
Quote:
Please do share how we are to know what response the victim would prefer. Understanding that not everyone feels as you do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post

IT IS NOT ABOUT YOU AND YOUR CHILD. It is about the person who was hurt by your child's words and/or actions.
I'm still waiting for an answer to my question. Unless of course the answer is the only acceptable feelings are....yours.

Old 06-18-2015, 09:40 PM

1,170 posts, read 1,018,742 times
Forget kids apologizing for fat shaming, seems some parents here are spoiling for a chance to use their kids to pile on.

Nobody is going to tell them it's not their right to use others as a prop. Fine, next topic.

Old 06-18-2015, 09:40 PM

Quote:
I'm still waiting for an answer to my question. Unless of course the answer is the only acceptable feelings are....yours.
Why ask me? You obviously don't care what I feel or think.

The only advice I can give is to step outside of yourself and try to view situations from another person's perspective. Your opinion and perspective is not the only one that matters.

Old 06-18-2015, 09:42 PM

13,979 posts, read 25,891,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post

That is your point. We get it. And, you're entitled to your feelings. But, the topic of the OP was how would parents handle their child insulting an adult, remember?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting