Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2015, 05:26 PM

922 posts, read 1,111,677 times

Advertisements

You may not have mental issues but you certainly have self-esteem issues, OP.

The most important thing a parent can do for a child is to love him/her. Period. Good looks and moneyed parents doesn't guarantee anything in life- you can easily get in a car accident and get disfigured, so there goes your looks, and your parents can go bankrupt, so there goes your money. Or, actually, their money. Love transcends all of that and children KNOW when they are loved, trust me. Knowing that you have parents who feel as if you've made their lives more complete and just all around better is the best thing in the world.

The rest is just fluff and fluff ain't s%^t compared to love.

Old 06-26-2015, 05:38 PM

19,969 posts, read 30,217,900 times
you just aint right....

get a haircut and get a real job,,,

Old 06-26-2015, 06:02 PM

38 posts, read 35,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
What would you do of your parents had the same mindset as you?
Seek professional therapy if you have mental and emotional issues with your parents.

i wish they had. nobody's parents care about them, they are just fulfilling their biological need to pass on their genetics.

if they truly cared they wouldn't have brought you into existence in the first place or at least had the decency to be rich so you don't have to waste your life away working to survive.

you are FORCED to live and then you have to pay for that by slaving away till you die. its so depressing it literally hurts thinking about it.

i cant help but feel angry and resentful to my parents for condemning me to this living hell.

Old 06-26-2015, 06:05 PM

6,292 posts, read 10,598,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody117 View Post
i meant procreating you know, having sex.

and it is my parents fault im miserable, im not attractive and that means many thing are instantly harder to do. it also means i will be treated worse for no other reason then the genetics my parents gave me.

i hate working but i have to because my parents are poor and i have to work to survive.
You sound like a lazy whiny baby. You are as attractive as you make yourself and how you feel.

Old 06-26-2015, 06:12 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,913,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody117 View Post
i meant procreating you know, having sex.

and it is my parents fault im miserable, im not attractive and that means many thing are instantly harder to do. it also means i will be treated worse for no other reason then the genetics my parents gave me.

i hate working but i have to because my parents are poor and i have to work to survive.
How old are you?

It is not your parents fault that you are miserable. It is true that attractiveness does make things a bit easier, but you don't have to accept being miserable even if you are not as attractive as you would like to be.

Very few people get by without working. You may not like working, but perhaps you can find work that is more palatable to you if you try. Evaluate your strengths and weaknesses and find a job that plays to your strengths. Educate yourself in something that you enjoy doing that will lead to a job. There will, of course, always be parts of the job you dislike, but if you can find something better, it will help.

Your defeatist attitude is why you are miserable.

Old 06-26-2015, 06:46 PM

9,531 posts, read 15,882,711 times
- you can consider it forcing life on someone but you are also giving them an opportunity to feel joy numerous times in their life.

- rich pampered kids can be seen as snotty and spoiled and be despised. Money is an accessory, so don't use it incorrectly.

- good looking can be accompanied by an ugly persona. See above.

Old 06-26-2015, 07:18 PM

154 posts, read 259,925 times
I must LOL at this thread

Old 06-26-2015, 07:19 PM

7,321 posts, read 6,925,052 times
Singe most important thing is to be a parent, not another kid trying to gain their favor.

Old 06-26-2015, 07:35 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,167,496 times
Everyone has to work to survive. Your parents don't own you money to last the rest of your life. get over it.

Old 06-26-2015, 09:29 PM

4,205 posts, read 4,456,008 times
....Is show love and appropriate understanding of human / childhood development while teaching their children that actions have consequences, and that life is not fair (which most cognitively aware humans eventually realize- some sooner some later). It seems you realize Life is Not Fair so what's next for you? It's on you now.

Rather than wallow in superficial elements (which can have significant impact : wealth / appearance etc...) they are not the everything to your situation. I suggest you reexamine what is most important to you and if you still feel the same way, sign up to be an organ donor or for lab research.

Depending on your skill set(s), take an assessment to determine where your talents are and use them and expand them. You seem to have good written expression skills. Why not start there?
A suggestion: Read Les Brown, Live Your Dreams. Do you have any?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting