Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2015, 09:45 PM

2,209 posts, read 4,224,130 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsku View Post
That's a rather ignorant comment. The generally accepted convention in my country is that is normal for families to bathe together and that nudity is not generally a sexual thing - its normal for friends (mixed gender) to bathe together too, sports clubs, even business meetings happen in the sauna where everyone is naked (no towels wrapped around over here), hell even political discussions take place in the Parliament sauna.
So you understand where you are coming from, why can't you understand what the standard conventions in the U.S. are? Can't you accept that it's due to cultural predilection? Your comments have been riddled with this incessant double standard. I mean it's been explained thoroughly to you.

In the context of the "Opening Post", it relates to a rapist bathing with his daughter. And in the context of the title, shouldn't it have been understood? "Would you let your child shower with a known child rapist?" The answer, I hope, would be universal.

I mean it's already another thread at this point with your inquiries. You should start a new one, you seem really fascinated by different bathing practices.

Old 08-17-2015, 11:37 PM

6,418 posts, read 7,247,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVitamin View Post
So you understand where you are coming from, why can't you understand what the standard conventions in the U.S. are? Can't you accept that it's due to cultural predilection? Your comments have been riddled with this incessant double standard. I mean it's been explained thoroughly to you.

In the context of the "Opening Post", it relates to a rapist bathing with his daughter. And in the context of the title, shouldn't it have been understood? "Would you let your child shower with a known child rapist?" The answer, I hope, would be universal.

I mean it's already another thread at this point with your inquiries. You should start a new one, you seem really fascinated by different bathing practices.
I do understand the cultural standards in the US. Its some other people in this thread who don't seem to understand that other cultural standards. The title of the thread is about whether it is ok or not in general. Everyone in this thread is in agreement about the situation in the OP, but not everyone is in agreement about the question asked in the title - some say it is never ok and some, like me, say it can be ok situationally.

Old 08-18-2015, 03:05 PM

9,894 posts, read 22,021,443 times
I don't understand why a teen girl would want to shower with her dad. It seems like the 14 yr old girl has a few loose marbles.

Old 08-18-2015, 05:21 PM

10,196 posts, read 9,882,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steel7 View Post
I don't understand why a teen girl would want to shower with her dad. It seems like the 14 yr old girl has a few loose marbles.
OMG seriously? Have you ever heard of grooming? DO you know the first thing about sexual abuse. Screw loose....people who have NO CLUE ABOUT THE PROCESS OF SEXUAL ABUSE, to me, have a screw loose.

Old 08-18-2015, 06:04 PM

519 posts, read 776,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFlyingBird View Post
OMG seriously? Have you ever heard of grooming? DO you know the first thing about sexual abuse. Screw loose....people who have NO CLUE ABOUT THE PROCESS OF SEXUAL ABUSE, to me, have a screw loose.
Get a grip. A child does not have to be "groomed" to feel open-minded and normal about nudity. As has been pointed out several times in this thread, familial nudity is culturally normal in a number of countries. Americans I swear... everything is sexual abuse.

Old 08-18-2015, 09:02 PM

10,196 posts, read 9,882,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zepheyr View Post
Get a grip. A child does not have to be "groomed" to feel open-minded and normal about nudity. As has been pointed out several times in this thread, familial nudity is culturally normal in a number of countries. Americans I swear... everything is sexual abuse.
Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong.

A 14 year old girl does not shower with her pedo father without a significant amount of grooming before hand. Have you ever been an american 14 year old girl?!

This thread is a war of words between people who protect children and people who exploit children (or at least ones who are "ok" with it). So sick.

Old 08-19-2015, 01:57 AM

3,636 posts, read 3,425,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steel7 View Post
Alas it is an attribute of our species that if we do not want something for ourselves that someone else does want - we explain it away by declaring mental issues on their behalf. Yet people differ - and different people want different things. And you not knowing - understanding - or both - their motivations or thinking does not mean THEY are mentally deficient or damaged.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFlyingBird View Post
This thread is a war of words between people who protect children and people who exploit children (or at least ones who are "ok" with it). So sick.
Nice false dichotomy there. While I have no issue with shared family showering - I have not made one comment - implied one position - or espoused one thought - that in any way is supportive or suggestive or support of exploitation or abuse or rape of children.

But it is a common tactic to portray your own side as the crusaders for justice and protection of the innocent while portraying the other side as supporting - ignoring - or facilitating harm. The fact is there does appear to be two sides in this discussion and NEITHER side to my eyes is any less interested in the protection of children than the other. So I doubt anyone is going to buy into your propaganda narrative in this other than those who are already selling it.

Old 08-19-2015, 09:48 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,278,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVitamin View Post

I think it's more a misunderstanding between the differences is all. Most people are discussing an intimate private shower whereas Natksu is talking about a more ritualistic one in context. I think she understands the difference but is pointing out that showering with your child is not always going to be unacceptable based on the vvaried circumstances.

Old 08-19-2015, 12:30 PM

2,209 posts, read 4,224,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsku View Post
I do understand the cultural standards in the US. Its some other people in this thread who don't seem to understand that other cultural standards. The title of the thread is about whether it is ok or not in general. Everyone in this thread is in agreement about the situation in the OP, but not everyone is in agreement about the question asked in the title - some say it is never ok and some, like me, say it can be ok situationally.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~HecateWhisperCat~ View Post
I think it's more a misunderstanding between the differences is all. Most people are discussing an intimate private shower whereas Natksu is talking about a more ritualistic one in context. I think she understands the difference but is pointing out that showering with your child is not always going to be unacceptable based on the vvaried circumstances.
Hmmm, ok. Sorry if I came off aggressive.

Old 08-19-2015, 03:12 PM

13,981 posts, read 25,948,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monumentus View Post

But it is a common tactic to portray your own side as the crusaders for justice and protection of the innocent while portraying the other side as supporting - ignoring - or facilitating harm. The fact is there does appear to be two sides in this discussion and NEITHER side to my eyes is any less interested in the protection of children than the other. So I doubt anyone is going to buy into your propaganda narrative in this other than those who are already selling it.
You also haven't said that it's unnecessary to do so in the US, it's not customary to do so in the US, and to avoid any possible hint of impropriety or predatory behavior, it should not be done.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting