U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-24-2008, 05:27 PM

15,535 posts, read 35,670,187 times

Advertisements

An article in the Victorville, CA Daily Press:

‘Baby Girl Woods’ undergoes surgery
Comments 13| Recommend 10
Loma Linda officials unsure if infant will recover from injuries

By KATHERINE ROSENBERG Staff Writer
January 23, 2008 - 11:40PM
Already battered and fighting for her life, “Baby Girl Woods” had to undergo surgery Wednesday, local officials said.

The child is still in critical condition at Loma Linda University Medical Center and “it is still unknown if the child is going to recover from her injuries,” said Detective Randy German of the San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Department Victorville station.

Doctors said that the 21-month-old girl — whose mother and mother’s boyfriend are suspected of torturing her — has second and third degree burns on a large percentage of her body.

Last edited by johnycakes; 01-25-2008 at 09:08 AM.. Reason: Removed bulk of article and provided linkey to avoid copyright infringment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2008, 06:50 PM

1,363 posts, read 5,344,630 times
My daughter is 26 months old, and these stories are even more heartbreaking to me now that I have her. I can't even watch SVU anymore because the thought of any of those things happening to my own daughter...I just can't wrap my brain around any of it. I hope there is a special place in hell for people like that.

Old 01-24-2008, 08:20 PM

6,848 posts, read 9,824,618 times
Very sick, sick people... that deserve no better than to be given exactly what they gave! I can't even read the whole articles anymore... it makes me sick to my stomach... and in my heart... to even hear about these injustices against such innocent children that only want to be loved!

I say, burn 'em in h e l l... the sooner the better and good riddance!

Old 01-25-2008, 01:02 AM

1,368 posts, read 5,881,456 times
what the...

I'm not an advocate of the death penalty, nor of vigilante justice, but sometimes I think its necessary.

The sheer amount of cruel and malicious intent that is required for something like this is astounding.

Old 01-25-2008, 07:33 AM

1,969 posts, read 5,290,122 times
I just want to get on a plane and tell that poor baby I will love her and take care of her and NO ONE will ever ever hurt her again.....I actually have tears in my eyes.

Old 01-25-2008, 07:36 AM

1,703 posts, read 3,454,142 times
If they got the death penalty, I'd personally be willing to go there and insert the needles AND flip the switch! How anyone cannot believe people like this deserve to die is beyond me! Why should they live comfortably in prison getting 3 square meals a day plus snacks, exercise rooms, education, etc., while this poor child, if she makes it, will live a horrible existence fromt he sounds of the injuries! I swear I wish there was a way to spay and neuter humans b/c some people should NOT ever procreate!

Old 01-25-2008, 07:45 AM

2,238 posts, read 8,702,050 times
People do this because they aren't human anymore (if they ever were). We have to have a license to have a dog, but any piece of **** can breed and make a baby if they want.

Old 01-25-2008, 09:25 AM

9,124 posts, read 32,116,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinsmom View Post
If they got the death penalty, I'd personally be willing to go there and insert the needles AND flip the switch! :
Needles and electrocution are too fast and painless for those people- they need to die slowly via burning, cutting, or some other torture- then a good old Louisville on the side of the head to finish it. They deserve nothing better.

Old 01-25-2008, 09:47 AM

15,535 posts, read 35,670,187 times
The mods cut the article down, so to get the full story and any updates you will have to go to the newspaper site itself. I wasn't aware that I wasn't allowed to post the article. Sorry.

Anyway, I think somebody should get a curling iron and cauterize these people's genitals and rectums. This just makes me sick.

Old 01-25-2008, 10:03 AM

14,874 posts, read 36,269,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobKovacs View Post
Needles and electrocution are too fast and painless for those people- they need to die slowly via burning, cutting, or some other torture- then a good old Louisville on the side of the head to finish it. They deserve nothing better.
I agree. Stories like this are gut churning sickening. It is something that I can not for the life of me wrap my brain around how someone could do such acts. I'm sure many of you heard about "Baby Grace". She was found in a plastic storage tote off of Galveston Island. Turns out the mother took the kid from another state (I believe Indiana?) and left w/o the fathers permission to hook up w/ some creep she met online. She told relatives back in July that CPS came and took her. The mother and bf beat the poor little soul, threw her across a room into a wall......... I don't even remember what all. Here she was in a place that no one wanted her but she had a dad and grandparents that would have taken her. SICKENING!!!

I think they should be hung upside down by their toenails in public to be tortured for days on end. No food, no water. Maybe just then, MAYBE, the heartless, souless creeps that do this would think twice before they try to do ANYTHING harmful and if they don't want the child........... take them to a hospital, police station, somewhere and give them up for someone that will love them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting