Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2015, 08:19 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,152,310 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeps View Post
I suggest you explain why you want your sons foreskin back on? Do your Sons have issues? Either way is fine. But we still trim, tuck, squeeze in and get cut skin that sags and serves no real purpose today. My last post to what is a personal choice that is with all the issues we have in life? Someone would argue over this? After centuries and millions living lives cut or not.

It looks better cut... good enough for me. Again I had no problem with my plumbing...
Because its unneeded as far as routine procedures go.

Foreskins can not grow back or be reattached. Comparing circumcisions to haircuts makes no sense.

Old 08-12-2015, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculptor View Post
That invisible sky Santa makes all kinds of mistakes, and poor designs, that much has been very clear. We humans are constantly having to correct those mistakes, everything from having to repair holes in hearts and defective heart valves in infants to treating childhood cancer, deafness and all the rest.
Except that the foreskin provides a definite function. Foreskins are not fundamentally flawed and therefore do not need to be routinely removed.

Old 08-12-2015, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowpoke_TX View Post
Was it an infection of the outer ear, or the middle or inner ear?
Inner ear.

Old 08-13-2015, 04:50 AM

4,248 posts, read 4,128,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Foreskins are not fundamentally flawed and therefore do not need to be routinely removed.
I've never heard any pro-circumcision people state that the reason the foreskin should be removed is because it is fundamentally flawed (deformities excluded). Their reasons are usually centered around religious faith, custom/tradition, or personal preference.

It is a decision to be made solely by parents - not by society, special-interest groups, the medical community, or the government.

Old 08-13-2015, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowpoke_TX View Post
I've never heard any pro-circumcision people state that the reason the foreskin should be removed is because it is fundamentally flawed (deformities excluded). Their reasons are usually centered around religious faith, custom/tradition, or personal preference.

It is a decision to be made solely by parents - not by society, special-interest groups, the medical community, or the government.
I disagree.

Old 08-13-2015, 11:05 AM

2,535 posts, read 3,253,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Because its unneeded as far as routine procedures go.

Foreskins can not grow back or be reattached. Comparing circumcisions to haircuts makes no sense.
Why would someone want something to grow back if it is NOT NESSESARY? We get Tonsils and Appendix out. The are not necessary, though they serve a purpose to some degree. I have no Tonsils since a few years old. Did I need them? No. I am circumcised. Do I miss a foreskin I had removed as a newborn. No. Why would I since I live a normal life without it. Absolutely no handicap without it.

It isn't merely cosmetic for the most part. But it is still as normal without it as with a foreskin. But these comments GOD MADE IT THAT WAY. WHY MESS WITH IT IS NOT WHAT RELIGIONS TEACH ANYWAY.

Unlike so called female circumcision in African groups. There is no purpose in mile circumcision intended to restrict sexual function or activities. Nor is there a lifetime of pain involved. It SHOULD NEVER HAVE BEEN CALLED A FEMALE CIRCUMCISION in the first place... as if connecting it to a male kind.

All this is merely choice TODAY. True more Americans choose not to today. Perhaps that rise will continue especially if insurance does not pay for it. But NO STIGMA TO CIRCUMCISION TO THOSE WHO DO IT? SHOULD BE VENTED ON THEM.

HONESTLY, WHY IS IT MADE THT BY SOME HERE? ITS SKIN..... LOOSE SKIN. WE CUT SKIN OFF IN FACE-LIFTS AND PEOPLE WHO LOOSE A LOT OF WEIGHT AND ARE LEFT WITH EXCESS SKIN.

I merely respect ALL CHOOSE FOR THEIR CHILDREN TODAY and not forced. Centuries of circumcision did NO HARM TO MANKIND.

Old 08-13-2015, 11:05 AM

18,356 posts, read 31,429,080 times
Quote:
No ....You cut your hair and shave? Why? God made it to be on your face for a reason. But if that reason is no longer necessary??? You cut it of.
Unlike animals we make and wear protective clothing on our delicate extremities. We are not in a jungle being almost naked.... needing a delicate part more sealed from insects the tiny critters from crawling up our...... the foreskin was that protection. But that function is unnecessary for most of us.

We SHAVE AND CUT HAIR ON OUR HEADS BECAUSE WE BELIEVE IT LOOKS BETTER. WELL ANOTHER HEAD MANY THINK LOOK BETTER CUT TOO... ALL STILL WORKS THE SAME TOO.

and our hair gors back, our foreskin doesnt.
your argument is weak, try again

Old 08-13-2015, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculptor View Post
That invisible sky Santa makes all kinds of mistakes, and poor designs, that much has been very clear. We humans are constantly having to correct those mistakes, everything from having to repair holes in hearts and defective heart valves in infants to treating childhood cancer, deafness and all the rest.
no he didnt make mistakes, we are perfect, our environment is what is killing us.

Old 08-13-2015, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Why would someone want something to grow back if it is NOT NESSESARY? We get Tonsils and Appendix out. The are not necessary, though they serve a purpose to some degree. I have no Tonsils since a few years old. Did I need them? No. I am circumcised. Do I miss a foreskin I had removed as a newborn. No. Why would I since I live a normal life without it. Absolutely no handicap without it.

It isn't merely cosmetic for the most part. But it is still as normal without it as with a foreskin. But these comments GOD MADE IT THAT WAY. WHY MESS WITH IT IS NOT WHAT RELIGIONS TEACH ANYWAY.

Unlike so called female circumcision in African groups. There is no purpose in mile circumcision intended to restrict sexual function or activities. Nor is there a lifetime of pain involved. It SHOULD NEVER HAVE BEEN CALLED A FEMALE CIRCUMCISION in the first place... as if connecting it to a male kind.

All this is merely choice TODAY. True more Americans choose not to today. Perhaps that rise will continue especially if insurance does not pay for it. But NO STIGMA TO CIRCUMCISION TO THOSE WHO DO IT? SHOULD BE VENTED ON THEM.

HONESTLY, WHY IS IT MADE THT BY SOME HERE? ITS SKIN..... LOOSE SKIN. WE CUT SKIN OFF IN FACE-LIFTS AND PEOPLE WHO LOOSE A LOT OF WEIGHT AND ARE LEFT WITH EXCESS SKIN.

I merely respect ALL CHOOSE FOR THEIR CHILDREN TODAY and not forced. Centuries of circumcision did NO HARM TO MANKIND.

well, I am too am cut, and also as an infant, but yes, i would like to know what it feels like to have my foreskin back and see all the amazing things it can do, and make my penis feel.

I never will be, its over and done with, but i too have no handicap, and live a fulfilling life, but still, now that were on this subject, yes, i would like to know how it would feel and look to have it back.

i think all your arguments are weak on this subject.

Old 08-13-2015, 11:30 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,119,691 times
Quote:

Does shrieking help?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting