Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2015, 08:39 AM

395 posts, read 597,821 times

Advertisements

The big deal is that its my daughter. I have equal rights obviously. She is one of those people who if I stay away from the baby for a wk, she will say I am an *******. My wife isnt a doctor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgoldie View Post
What is the big deal with waiting a week? Have your doctor call her and she can check with your pediatrician too.

Being protective of an infant or children in general is completely normal for mothers. If you had carried another human being in your body for almost a year to protect it while being uncomfortable and possibly sick and inconvenienced you would understand. Narcissism has nothing at all to do with it, nothing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2015, 08:47 AM

13,979 posts, read 25,889,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cm5878 View Post
The big deal is that its my daughter. I have equal rights obviously. She is one of those people who if I stay away from the baby for a wk, she will say I am an *******. My wife isnt a doctor.
We aren't doctors either.

You don't seem to have a parenting issue, you have a marriage issue. Working on that is as important to your baby's well-being as protecting her from any lingering illnesses.

Old 11-08-2015, 08:48 AM

1,059 posts, read 2,218,322 times
Quote:
Wow, I'm glad you are in counseling.
Equal rights? Really, all you are concerned with is your rights and whether or not your wife is wrong. Nothing about respecting your wife's wishes and making sure that your child is protected and that your spouse is reassured. You can interact with your daughter without touching her, its a week. Get over yourself.

Old 11-08-2015, 08:49 AM

6,497 posts, read 11,792,699 times
So, are you allowed to touch your wife?

Old 11-08-2015, 09:07 AM

2,845 posts, read 6,001,331 times
Here's the thing, infants immune systems are weak. I have seen cases where infants almost DIED because they were around a sick person. MRSA is no joke.

The policy varies so much with someone who has MRSA. I do not know the health state of your child. I don't know if she's immuno-compromised or not.

Your so concerned with your rights, what about your daughter's rights to not get sick? If it were someone else who had MRSA who wanted to touch your baby would you hand her over? I hope not.

Again, this isn't about right or wrong, this is about the safety of your daughter, if your daughter contracted MRSA and died, how would you feel? Does your doctor even KNOW you have a children? Did you ask about touching her? Some doctor's say that you can touch your infant after washing your hands and face, etc. Some doctors say absolutely NO contact until you have tested negative at least 3 times. Again, it all depends and we aren't doctors.

So again, call your doctor and your daughter's doctor, speak to them on the phone if you can't come in right away. Your wife has every right to want her daughter to be protected, instead of LISTENING to your wife and saying "hey, let's talk to my doctor together, and let's talk to her pediatrician together, I understand your concerns, just also understand that the way you are going about this is hurting my feelings because I feel like you just made this decision without even trying to find out what actually needs to be done before telling me what you decided. In the future, let's talk about these things beforehand." I hope you discuss this issue in therapy.

You might see the doctor and he might tell you that you cannot touch your daughter for another month, what then? Will you apologize to your wife?

Your daughter is 3 months old, you won't even make it past a year this way. It only gets HARDER here on out.

Old 11-08-2015, 09:16 AM

137 posts, read 142,095 times
Quote:
Recently, I had contracted MRSA but was cleared as of yesterday. My wife, being the control freak that she is, said she doesn't want me touching our daughter for a week. We start to argue and we just go around and around in circles. WTF do I do here?
How exactly were you "cleared?" Was the infection only very localized, or spread over different parts of your body?

And babies' immune systems are still pretty weak until at least 1 year old.

Old 11-08-2015, 09:42 AM

2,665 posts, read 2,222,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
There is no right/wrong.

Nonsense. You're wrong about that. You don't even really believe it anyway.

Old 11-08-2015, 09:42 AM

3,167 posts, read 3,990,477 times
3 months....your wife loves her baby and is terrified of losing her. Why can't you understand that? Her fear is not completely unreasonable. Just wait a week, or call the pediatrician and get a professional opinion.

Old 11-08-2015, 09:45 AM

3,167 posts, read 3,990,477 times
Quote:
Well, you don't have the right to kill her. How can you be sure you are not contagious? From what I understand, mrsa can be contagious even after it's "gone," and some people become carriers. Have you done anything to make sure it's safe for you to be near your daughter right now, and have you learned what precautions to take to keep her safe?

Old 11-08-2015, 09:51 AM

404 posts, read 365,615 times
Quote:
Recently, I had contracted MRSA but was cleared as of yesterday. My wife, being the control freak that she is, said she doesn't want me touching our daughter for a week. We start to argue and we just go around and around in circles. WTF do I do here?
If you are cleared then a doctors note should be efficient.

I hate to say this man, but Im going to for your own good. This is your fault.

A lot of women in this country are control freaks. Like Dr. Phil says, "We teach people how to treat us"

If you knew she was this way, you should have never had a baby with her.

I don't know how you do it, but I can't handle a control freak. That kind of behavior makes me sick.

You are going to have a uphill battle from now on, about everything. Hope you are ready for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting