Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2015, 09:21 PM

5,847 posts, read 6,183,656 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by maineborzoi View Post

Side notes:
Having your tubes tied can be reversed. However- it is also possible that the tubes could be damaged and one still could possibly not be able to conceive.
I used to live across the street from a couple in their 60s that had 4 children. The 2 oldest were in their early 40s, and the 2 youngest were college students. After the first 2, the woman had a tubal ligation, and then 20 years later, they decided they wanted more children, so she had it reversed and had the other 2 children. The younger daughter, who babysat for us, used to say that everyone just assumed incorrectly her two older siblings were her half siblings.

They are a lovely family and all 4 kids are very close. I always loved the story about how their family was timed and blended.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2015, 09:32 PM

10,196 posts, read 9,882,691 times
I don't think a human should be proud of throwing a baby should have kids. But all the people I know who got their tubes tied I their 20s, no matter how many kids they had, wanted to undo it in their 30s. They married and wanted a child with their husband. They were all told it was less the. 10% chance of becoming pregnant. And a very high chance of ectopic pregnancy. So they never did it. None of them.

My aunt did. She had an ectopic pregnancy and ended up getting total hysterectom because of severe bleeding. Her husband left her after that. He really wants a baby.

Old 11-16-2015, 09:45 PM

11,495 posts, read 26,868,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFlyingBird View Post
I don't think a human should be proud of throwing a baby should have kids. But all the people I know who got their tubes tied I their 20s, no matter how many kids they had, wanted to undo it in their 30s. They married and wanted a child with their husband. They were all told it was less the. 10% chance of becoming pregnant. And a very high chance of ectopic pregnancy. So they never did it. None of them.

My aunt did. She had an ectopic pregnancy and ended up getting total hysterectom because of severe bleeding. Her husband left her after that. He really wants a baby.
I had mine done in my 20's and I am near the end of my 30's with no desire at all to undo it. My husband doesn't want any more kids either...he talked about having a vasectomy just to be extra sure. We're watching all our friends in their mid-30's starting their families and we're secretly gloating that our kids will be all grown up before we're 50.

Old 11-16-2015, 10:08 PM

318 posts, read 372,662 times
The only person I knew *personally* that had it done young and didn't regret it was in her 20's, no children by choice. She's about 40 now. (others already had a kid, or a couple.)

Now, she is the type that if she wants something, she's clear about it and doesn't give up. The first dr. who said "oh, we don't do that to young women unless they have x amount of children" didn't keep her from her goal.

My spouse and I also took surgical measures. No kids. happy.

Last edited by SweetLittleWing; 11-16-2015 at 10:21 PM..

Old 11-16-2015, 11:21 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,891,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletG View Post
Your best bet would be to find a therapist....fir your own benifit.. and because they can help you with a recommendation that this would be in your best interest.

Going to an OB and threatening children is only likely to have you an involentary mental health hold.

Hold off on a therapist, all you need do is tell a doc you want your tubes tied. It's their job and better than an abortion. More males need vasectomies.

Word of advice...due to ACA anything you say which can be conceived as abnormal or irrational will be in your permanent record, flagged and every doctor will see it forever. Don't do the crazy talk.

Old 11-17-2015, 06:07 AM

8,452 posts, read 4,750,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pennies4Penny View Post
Um okay... There are non hormonal IUDs that work really well. If you have accident, just abort. No need to make a child suffer, because of your mishaps.
I am pretty pro abortion, at least when it comes to the first trimester, but even so when I see it being discussed in such a casual manner it sends a bit of a shiver down my spine.

Old 11-17-2015, 09:22 AM

15,479 posts, read 15,618,351 times
My sister-in-law tried before she was married. She contacted numerous doctors and none would do it. She was told they wouldn't do it unless she was at least 30 or had children. She had neither. She's now 30 and on an IUD.....still can't have the surgery because she got married last month. Doctors won't do it because of lawsuits. Just because a person signs a waiver does NOT mean that they won't sue later nor does it mean that they won't win anything from said lawsuit.

Old 11-17-2015, 10:15 AM

3 posts, read 3,068 times
My 3 son's grown and gone I had my tubs tyed at 23 worst mistake ever....

Old 11-17-2015, 10:42 AM

15,479 posts, read 15,618,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitty61 View Post
It can be reversed, go ahead and get a tubal ligation (99% effective).
There will come a time when you will be so in love it will be all you can think about to give your lover a baby. It's only been happening since the beginning of time.
All the best to you young lady.
Oh please! This does NOT happen for everyone!!!! My dream was never to give any man a baby. I've been married for 19 years and have never had any desire to have a baby. I got married when I was 21 and still never had that must push out a baby to make a woman desire. I'm not a big fan of kids. The whole idea of pregnancy....yeah I'd be complaining like Kim Kardashian. No thanks.

Old 11-17-2015, 11:47 AM

13,448 posts, read 15,475,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog_Mom View Post
I had mine done in my 20's and I am near the end of my 30's with no desire at all to undo it. My husband doesn't want any more kids either...he talked about having a vasectomy just to be extra sure. We're watching all our friends in their mid-30's starting their families and we're secretly gloating that our kids will be all grown up before we're 50.
Don't gloat...people have children at different ages for various reasons, so whatever works for them, great. I had my children in my 30s with no regrets, though I married in my 20s.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting