Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2015, 06:57 AM

10,196 posts, read 9,884,716 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UserName14289 View Post
While I usually agree with you, I don't think you can make that assumption. It could have been the first time, she was confused as to what was happening, and her reaction was to freeze.
True it could have been freeze. Good point. Either way, it's sexual abuse and the daughter isnt safe alone with her brother until they sort everything out.

Something about the OPs posts leads me to believe this is ongoing...maybe it's the moms reaction?

It's a terrible thing the family is going through. I think if they can work together, they can get through it stronger then before. I imagine it's terrifying.

Old 12-03-2015, 07:58 AM

369 posts, read 193,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFlyingBird View Post
Seriously?!
Dead seriously. People really don't know how much harm CPS and their sidekicks inflict until they've seen them sink their talons into a family.

Old 12-03-2015, 08:00 AM

Quote:
True it could have been freeze. Good point. Either way, it's sexual abuse and the daughter isnt safe alone with her brother until they sort everything out.
Abuse, my eyeball. In the absence of evidence that one kid is afraid of the other, it's kids being kids. The older may need a punishment, but probably not a therapist and for God's sake, not an outside investigation.

Last edited by Makhno75; 12-03-2015 at 08:16 AM..

Old 12-03-2015, 08:21 AM

2,007 posts, read 2,904,604 times
It may or not be kids being kids but I completely agree with the above about CPS or any other outside agency. Could end up ruining the boy's life and the girl's as well, when a combination of family intervention and outside therapy (NOT Cps or similar) could turn things around just fine

Old 12-03-2015, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makhno75 View Post
Abuse, my eyeball. In the absence of evidence that one kids is afraid of the other, it's kids being kids. The older may need a punishment, but probably not a therapist and for God's sake, not an outside investigation.
I don't think they do need CPS involved...unless the daughter isn't safe. Sorry, but her safety trumps all else. That's why the parents should separate the kids until a therapist can be brought on board to sort things out. They are required by law to report it if the daughter is still in harms way. That's why you get her out of harms way first thing. Maybe the therapist will say all is good in the world and she is safe with him. Maybe she will find out she isn't safe with him, and if they refused to keep her safe, then CPS comes on board. My advice is to #1 protect the daughter. #2 Get professional help. My comments about getting the courts or CPS involved was of the mother refuses to take this seriously and keep their daughter safe or get the family help.

So you have a theory, wrong as it is, that a 7 year old can be sexually abused by her 11 year old brother but not traumatized. I clearly disagree. But let me give you that one for arguments sake. Dad, in his shock and concern, got very upset with his son. They reacted strongly, as most people would. So even if daughter was like "what ever", that ship has sailed. She now knows it's a huge deal. And she is going to internalize that until she gets some help.

I will agree, whole heartedly, CPS over much of the country is a total mess. And no 11 year old should be slated for the sex offender registry because of problems at such a young age. I don't even believe in the registry. And I also agree our society sucks when it comes to dealing with sexual abuse, in so many ways. But not protecting a little girl because the world isn't ideal is...terrible. Lowest of the low. "Dugger" low.

But to keep the system out of it, they first have to make moves to assure the daughters safety and go from there with quality professionals.

These parents are in a good position, if they work together, to get things sorted out. If it's handled well. My hope is that both parents will handle it well. Id be devastated. I can't even imagine.

Old 12-03-2015, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Abuse, my eyeball. In the absence of evidence that one kid is afraid of the other, it's kids being kids. The older may need a punishment, but probably not a therapist and for God's sake, not an outside investigation.
So they should just wait for the daughter to disclose it to her teacher instead? Talk about the world crashing down around you. You do not want to wait until someone outside the family is told. Then you covered up abuse, and left the girl vulnerable. Let's see how CPS and the courts take to that, shall we?

Or do you scare the daughter, threaten her into never telling?

I don't know where you come up with this stuff. If this is what criminal justice classes are teaching, I totally get why the whole system is so messed up.

Old 12-03-2015, 08:34 AM

Quote:
I will agree, whole heartedly, CPS over much of the country is a total mess. And no 11 year old should be slated for the sex offender registry because of problems at such a young age. I don't even believe in the registry. And I also agree our society sucks when it comes to dealing with sexual abuse, in so many ways. But not protecting a little girl because the world isn't ideal is...terrible. Lowest of the low. "Dugger" low.
The Duggars--whom I do not generally admire--did exactly the right thing and saved all their kids from bearing a much more terrible burden than they now carry. The registry and CPS system are far worse than siblings getting carried away with their curiosity.

Old 12-03-2015, 08:36 AM

Quote:
I don't know where you come up with this stuff. If this is what criminal justice classes are teaching, I totally get why the whole system is so messed up.
No, the system is "so messed up" because people can't distinguish kids playing doctor and messing around, from someone abducting and brutally raping a toddler. Both are "sex crimes" in Bizarro USA.

Ethical Treatment for All Youth

Old 12-03-2015, 08:46 AM

3,563 posts, read 1,879,188 times
OP has not returned, and has no other posts in any other thread, so my cynical mind thinks the OP may've been a sickie who posted this sort of Penthouse forum style, like maybe it was some deviant fantasy of his disguised as "seeking input".

The scenario, real or made up, is impossible to advise upon not knowing the particular kids involved.
I raised 4, was a housewife in a 'hood where lots of other Mothers were too, so I was around lots and lots of kids daily for years and years (casual observation not in a pro capacity) and from that experience learned that, some acts that SOUND really bad like this one does, COULD be really innocent depending on the kids.

We had one kid in the neighborhood who was six when I met her, 13 when we moved from that street; she was like the Bad Seed, just mean, instigating of trouble, also very manipulative, only child of overly lenient doting parents who thought she was perfect and "just misunderstood", she was street smart and tricky, cruel and honestly had a thousand yard stare, never showed any emotion UNTIL her parents showed up then bawling and claiming to be a victim of the other kids.

If the seven y/o in the story here was of that type, I could see her inviting the brother to do so, doesn't means she was abused, she could be one of those whose parents allow watching of R rated films (plenty of the families I knew did this, including horror films wtf my kids were not even allowed to watch the news), saw a mild sexual scene and is mimicking it.

If instead the seven y/o is a sweet, good child who has shown no signs of pathological personality traits like the above example, and the brother perhaps has, (knew one of these too, 11y/o tortured much younger stepbrother, violent, mean and wild) then obvi a different view of the case.

So...OP. More data, please. If this is really a thing that happened

Old 12-03-2015, 09:44 AM

Quote:
No, the system is "so messed up" because people can't distinguish kids playing doctor and messing around, from someone abducting and brutally raping a toddler. Both are "sex crimes" in Bizarro USA.

Ethical Treatment for All Youth
Wow...no inbetween huh?

In what world is an 11 year old rubbing himself on a naked 7 year olds bottom "playing doctor"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting