Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2015, 08:43 PM

7,195 posts, read 5,726,143 times

Advertisements

When the kids were small, they'd each get 10 or so presents, and only one or two were from us. The rest were from Santa!

Now that they're teenagers, it's all from "Santa." He comes after everyone goes to bed and they open the gifts in the morning. Santa also fills everyone's stocking, including those belonging to mom and dad. Each person gets his or her own different colored shiny wrapping paper, so the tree looks pretty impressive on Christmas Eve/Christmas morning. We will do this until they move out of the area!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2015, 08:43 PM

291 posts, read 377,879 times
We do only one "Santa"gift per child. It's usually the item they wanted the most. Then again we do a pretty minimal Christmas by choice. Only 3 gifts per child including the Santa one. It's the "Jesus rule". He got 3 gifts from the wise men. It forces them to really prioritize, keeps the economic impact down & tones down the commercial focus. Don't worry though- they get a ton of stuff from extended family as well.

Old 12-13-2015, 08:57 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,743,916 times
We used to give all the gifts from Santa, and boy I wish we didn't! As the kids got older, the gifts were more expensive. Then it came to "I am asking Santa not you"

The worst was one year my son wanted a new Nintendo DS. He didn't get one, however when we went to my SIL house, every child had one. He was very sad and said "mom I was so good this year, why didn't Santa get me a DS?" Tore my heart out.

Old 12-13-2015, 10:15 PM

37,611 posts, read 45,988,534 times
Usually one or two gifts from Santa, unwrapped. The rest from me, wrapped.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting