Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2015, 10:16 AM

2,813 posts, read 2,111,692 times

Advertisements

Thankfully, we've had an easy year for Christmas gift ideas. But now I've hit a creative block in coming up with stocking stuffers. Could use some suggestions for boys and girls ages 3 to 13. I'd really appreciate specific, interesting things Interests include Legos, nature, art, Science, reading...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2015, 11:04 AM

6,720 posts, read 8,383,433 times
Candies, jeweled boxes, jewelry, small Lego kits, polly pocket type kits, lip gloss, specialty magazine, gift card in small denominations, ear buds, cool pencils/pens/markers, smelly markers, flarp or other science kit, fake snow kit, small stuffed animals, Christmas cookies, fun hair ties/bows, scarves, gloves, special ornament, special soap/body wash, Cologne/perfume

Old 12-18-2015, 11:11 AM

11,495 posts, read 26,856,735 times
These are the stocking stuffers I got for my kids:

13 year old girl: jewelry, makeup, headphones, a bag of spikes for adding to clothes

10 year old girl: doll house miniatures, two sets of Toobs: https://www.safariltd.com/category/toobs that she particularly wanted

Both kids are getting candy too.

Old 12-18-2015, 11:15 AM

912 posts, read 914,439 times
I found a lot of great, unexpected stocking stuffer ideas for my son that I think he'll really love at the Target dollar bins.

Old 12-18-2015, 11:28 AM

6,417 posts, read 7,243,816 times
For my nearly 5 year old girl I got some powder that turns the bath water into red gloop (and another powder that turns it back into water!), a bath toy (swimming crocodile), atomic ball (bouncy ball) and a tub of slime (me and my bloke are getting tubs of slime in our stockings too )

Old 12-18-2015, 02:53 PM

4,991 posts, read 5,281,440 times
Apples, oranges, mixed nuts, silly string, a few pieces of gourmet candy, Christmas ornament, cool socks and underwear, mechanical pencils, gel pens or art supplies, cooking/baking tools and packaged cookie mix, cool toothbrush, Starbucks or other gift cards, glow sticks, small scrapbooks, fun night lights, movies, nail polish, flashlights, USB flash drives, combs, brushes, chapstick or other lip balm...

Old 12-18-2015, 02:54 PM

241 posts, read 543,111 times
Nice for stocking stuffers or party favors: Diffraction lens glasses. They turn lights into rainbows. Also lots of fun at fireworks shows.

Also, Legos sells holiday ornaments stuffed with Legos, which I think are kind of cute.

For the science lover, you can find pocket microscopes for about $12 that are fun.

Old 12-18-2015, 03:18 PM

10,196 posts, read 9,876,043 times
I always put some bottle of bathing stuff in it (bubble bath, a fun body soap, etc) to take up a lot of room. Maybe even a toothbrush, hairbrush or other stuff they need. I try to get a more fun variety then I normally get.

A very few pieces of candy, cause they will eat it first thing in the morning and I don't want them to get a belly ache.

For my daughter I put in hair clips, rubber bands.

I might put a small book in my sons.

I try to get one neat and unusual gift in side it.

Also things like a Deck of card, a piece of fruit (an orange), a pack of gum, small toys like hot wheels or littlest pet shop figures.

For my teens, it was bit harder. Cool socks, headphones, still did the bath product but more adultish, a wallet, earrings, a food thing.

I don't like to spend a ton on stockings because they are really just amusement for the morning so I can sleep in a little and make Christmas breakfast before we open gifts. As soon as gifts are opened, nothing in the stocking is as exciting. So I like to also mix fun with practical. None of my kids have ever complained.

Old 12-18-2015, 03:28 PM

8,009 posts, read 10,417,066 times
Lego Mixels, nail polish, hair bows/ties, jewelry, small books, gift cards, card games or small games like Spot It, t-shirts (you can roll them up to fit), Christmas ornaments.

Old 12-18-2015, 03:46 PM

2,813 posts, read 2,111,692 times
Oh my gosh, you guys! These suggestions are AWESOME! I just copied at least 2 dozen ideas down on my list! Exactly the type of advice I was hoping for

Thank you SO MUCH!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting