U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2015, 05:38 AM

17,175 posts, read 22,205,059 times

Advertisements

sounds like dad needs a set of balls to deal with his son,,,
unless they are both nursing from you...

helping out is respectable, being stepped on is not.

let the past drama go.... you are not required to get him a gift at all,,
however, if it were me ... I would get him a small inexpensive gift, show an olive branch,,,but then toughen up bigtime after Christmas,,,with anything to do with him,,,or his father,,do not be an enabler in 2016..
live your own life,,,,your way,,,not from the reflections of others
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2015, 06:01 AM

7,126 posts, read 2,900,043 times
Seems like the son should buy YOU a gift for tolerating his a*s. I'm not believing how many grown kids take advantage of their parents and friends goodwill.

Old 12-20-2015, 07:32 AM

2,981 posts, read 3,771,177 times
You're storing the kids clothes for six months. Believe me, he'll be back.

What I'm seeing here is the boyfriend not being anywhere near your effort and he's the one that should be in the lead.
It's his kid. Almost thirty?

Old 12-20-2015, 07:46 AM

13,206 posts, read 7,423,414 times
So don't buy him a present. There's no need to justify your decision. It sounds like you're just recycling your older thread on the son's behavior as an excuse to rant.

Old 12-20-2015, 08:41 AM
Status: "I'm late because I don't want to be here." (set 8 days ago)

994 posts, read 543,428 times
Like GotHereQuick said, box up his clothes and wrap it up all fancy for his Christmas gift. Snap a picture of his face as he opens the box.
In all seriousness, put yourself first and detach from those moochers. Who needs 'em?

Old 12-20-2015, 09:24 AM

5,845 posts, read 3,317,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petitegal74 View Post
I have been putting a whole lot of distance from his son. I don't want to be around someone that don't show me respect. I made my boundaries clear after I got my van plate back. I haven't talk to him or help him out again.
Stick with this. At 29 his behavior was evidence of his true character, not just a "phase" that deserves another chance. A Christmas gift from you could be seen as an invitation back into your life.

Old 12-20-2015, 10:08 AM

506 posts, read 333,908 times
I always wondered where judge judy found its stars...

Get rid of them both.

Old 12-20-2015, 10:21 AM

1,614 posts, read 1,125,513 times
Terribly needy people make horrible decisions and many mistakes. This family makes for all of the above. Dr Phil has these situations all the time and there seems to be no end to keep his show going. Wonder how they advertise for people to do the show? Nimrods and goofballs needed.

Old 12-20-2015, 12:16 PM

1,868 posts, read 2,419,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petitegal74 View Post
I did put a post on here 2 months ago talking about my boyfriend's son acting like a mooching freeloader. I made a decision not to buy any Christmas gifts for him. I feel that he took advantage of my kindness when I let him stay at my home couple months ago. He let his girlfriend stay there without paying rent and didn't clean up his dirty mess. I was done with him after he stole the van to drive it for himself which was in my name. I did ask for my van plate back. He gave it back to me and I gave him the car title. He got the van title in his name and get car insurance on his own without help from me. I made it clear to his dad that I wasn't interested to help his son out anymore after the van situation. He told his son. I am glad that I did put my foot down and told him that I am not that person he can't use for an ATM bank while he get a paycheck. My relationship with his dad had gotten better. His dad did accept that it was not a good idea to let his grown 29 year old adult son to live with us. We are best friends again and get along with respect. I told my friends that his son already got his Christmas gift: the van. He won't get anything else from me again. They told me that I should have a heart for Christmas and forgive him. I do forgive him for what he did to me but I can't help him out anymore. It would put me in debt that I can't afford to be in. My money had been much better after his son moved out. I am able to save money and buy Christmas gifts for my family.

A grown ass dude who you dont like that is a thief and moocher and you're starting a topic about buying a X-mas gift like he's in 2nd grade

In one instance I'm shaking my head, in another, this story cracks me up

Are these the normal types of issues people have out in the sticks? Help me out

Old 12-20-2015, 04:07 PM

9,465 posts, read 15,041,607 times
OP---is just trying to keep her boyfriend, figures the van is a worthwhile tradeoff
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or