Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2013, 09:10 AM

775 posts, read 1,258,754 times

Advertisements

My son is in a daycare/preschool for half days. He is an active, loud, rambunctious typical 4 year old boy. He is healthy as well.
He did really well at this school in his prior classroom with the 3 year olds. His teacher was loving, patient, nurturing and supportive. She was also good at standing her ground with the kids..defnitely not a pushover. Great teacher.

When he went to his pre-k class, things changed a bit. I learned kids got pulled from the school not long after or right before they were going to the pre-k room because of the teacher in this class. We were also told that we should get assistance from a special ed. Program because our son was so "out of control" at school. We had our son evaluated and they saw nothing that wasnt normal for this age. Turns out his teacher prefers all the little girls in her class who sit quietly and do art projects. The group of boys she has she would rather not deal with, at all. She sends the ones who misbehave to the other class to be dealt with, singles them out for lunch or in a corner of the gym during playtime. She cant "stand to deal with" the kids who have accidents, bowel movements specifically (it makes her vomit) and she purposely finds projects like cleaning art closets to escape her class. Twice in a month now I have received incident reports involvng my son (where he was hit or bit) a day or two late. Every time I see her she looks like she would rather be anywhere else. She never has anything positive to say about my son...its always negative. I would complain to the director of the school but these two are friends and very close. We are moving in a month and pulling him out of this place. I want to go to HR at this establishment and complain but most of this info about what has been going on was told to me in confidence by my sons first teacher. I do not want to throw her under the bus. She cant afford to lose her job either. How can I explain what is going on without outing the teacher who disclosed all this stuff (and more!) to me
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2013, 09:17 AM

11,495 posts, read 26,856,735 times
You can complain about the things that have directly affected your son, but probably not about the things that you've heard from the other teacher, who was acting unprofessional when she told you.

How is your son doing in the class? Is he happy or is he complaining? If he's not too unhappy and you know you only have a month left there, then maybe you should wait until he's not going there anymore to complain.

Old 04-11-2013, 09:29 AM

36,499 posts, read 54,047,287 times
what about going to the owner who most often is not the director. if I owned a business like this for sure I would want to know what was happening. you could have an exit interview and tell the owner as well as the director what you think of them. You can always give as much info without throwing the first teacher under the bus. After all if she told you she told other parents and you could have gotten this information from anywhere. you have a responsibility to future kids to let everybody know you feel this teacher is not suited for a coed class or even to be a teacher IMHO. I wouldn't stand for that for 1 second. You are paying for a service and you are not getting what you are paying for. Where else would you tolerate such treatment?

Old 04-11-2013, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog_Mom View Post
You can complain about the things that have directly affected your son, but probably not about the things that you've heard from the other teacher, who was acting unprofessional when she told you.

How is your son doing in the class? Is he happy or is he complaining? If he's not too unhappy and you know you only have a month left there, then maybe you should wait until he's not going there anymore to complain.
He expresses dislike for his teacher but is generally happy. He doesnt come home every day and complain or say he doesnt want to go to school. I dont want to rock the boat too much so I would wait until we left to say anything.
And I agree that it isnt too professional to say things like that as a teacher but at the same time I am glad I was told because a lot of what she told me does involve my son directly

Old 04-11-2013, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
what about going to the owner who most often is not the director. if I owned a business like this for sure I would want to know what was happening. you could have an exit interview and tell the owner as well as the director what you think of them. You can always give as much info without throwing the first teacher under the bus. After all if she told you she told other parents and you could have gotten this information from anywhere. you have a responsibility to future kids to let everybody know you feel this teacher is not suited for a coed class or even to be a teacher IMHO. I wouldn't stand for that for 1 second. You are paying for a service and you are not getting what you are paying for. Where else would you tolerate such treatment?
I agree. For the sake of the other kids or new kids who have to deal with this teacher who does not belong in this teaching environment. BTW, she is getting her masters in education yet she cant handle small kids who are in the potty training process, loud and obnoxious noisy kids and kids who dont quietly do her art projects

Old 04-11-2013, 01:41 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,896,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Copsgirl73 View Post
Twice in a month now I have received incident reports involvng my son (where he was hit or bit) a day or two late. Every time I see her she looks like she would rather be anywhere else. She never has anything positive to say about my son...its always negative. I would complain to the director of the school but these two are friends and very close. We are moving in a month and pulling him out of this place. I want to go to HR at this establishment and complain but most of this info about what has been going on was told to me in confidence by my sons first teacher. I do not want to throw her under the bus. She cant afford to lose her job either. How can I explain what is going on without outing the teacher who disclosed all this stuff (and more!) to me
Go an observe in the classroom before you report this. Volunteer to help with the arts and crafts perhaps. Then you will see if the reporting is accurate.

Old 04-11-2013, 03:31 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,894,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nana053 View Post
Go an observe in the classroom before you report this. Volunteer to help with the arts and crafts perhaps. Then you will see if the reporting is accurate.
I agree.

Most of your complaints are a matter of perception and, frankly, sound like hearsay.

How would anyone know she is trying to "escape" her class by cleaning out the art closet?

Honestly, her gossipy co-worker is the one I'd be worried about. If she said that about a colleague, I would wonder how much of my family's personal business she'd made public.

Old 12-25-2015, 04:20 PM

1 posts, read 3,463 times
My son know 48 yrs old smoke cocaine and theft some staff at may home for pond take buy cocaine he was at the jail tow mont ego now he is in my home very danger for me bic use not sf for me i want out may home what can i do ??

Old 12-25-2015, 04:49 PM

19,480 posts, read 25,129,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heshmatollah1943 View Post
My son know 48 yrs old smoke cocaine and theft some staff at may home for pond take buy cocaine he was at the jail tow mont ego now he is in my home very danger for me bic use not sf for me i want out may home what can i do ??

Call the police.

Old 12-25-2015, 07:05 PM

10,196 posts, read 9,876,043 times
Spend as much time in the class room as you can. Write down notes after your time in the class. You can then report that.

But honestly, do not expect much. One voice means nothing, esp if the teacher is in tight with her boss.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting