U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2016, 06:08 PM

1,039 posts, read 608,048 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gab12 View Post
So today I realized how much I painfully want to get pregnant immediately. I post on here a ton about all guys and the struggle to find a decent guy. I just didn't realize how much I want it. I spent 4 hours straight between classes talking to anyone who will listen about how badly I want to get pregnant. A girl in my program just got married and is 7 months pregnant and I ex like about to cry when she was describing it. I can not wait to get Ormsby. I'm so obsessed and it's unhealthy like I know that if I get the opportunity to try I will because I want it so much. I just don't know how to not feel like this I mean I think I'm at a point in life where I could have a baby. I will finish grad school in a few months and the military guy I like will be back in 9 months and he wants babies but idk how soon. I mean realistically he should want them sooner than later. I just want to be pregnant so much!

You need to snap out of it.

Having a baby is No Fun.

Am I correct in saying you can barely look after yourself let alone a tiny screaming narcissist (which is what babies are when awake)?

Also every time I got pregnant I pretty much had to quit work

I was so sick I would wake at 2am to puke up half a glass of water

Pregnancy hits some women like a freight train

Duchess Kate was like me but she got put in hospital - I probably should've

sick as a dog for weeks

Old 01-14-2016, 06:09 PM

3,757 posts, read 2,914,842 times
I have a feeling we may be dealing with an OP who is far younger than what she is telling us, someone who is very lonely, and dealing with a little fantasy. I have known of teens who were very lonely, had difficult home lives, and thought having a baby would solve all their problems.

Old 01-14-2016, 06:10 PM

24,476 posts, read 28,773,973 times
Quote:
12 is birthday month. Didn't put the day because that's too personal.

I was just browsing and saw a post about the best and worst things about having kids and someone basically said "having your heart live outside your body" that's so amazing like I just know how much I want a baby. I would be an amazing mom I know it. I really think when he comes back I'm going to try unless I meet and date someone sooner but I don't want to. The way I see it... I graduate in may if I got pregnant tomorrow I would still be 4-5 months along I should have a job by then or close to having one. I will be moving out of my apartment into another likely. Also my parents are great they would help if I needed it
Read more carefully...

Pros: My kids.
Cons: Babies! And learning about positive, encouraging discipline (less obvious than one might think). And having your heart walk dangerously outside your body for the rest of your life.

It is a con. Having a piece of your heart outside your body is a CON. Trust me, it doesn't feel good to have that piece of your heart at day care while you're at work. It doesn't feel good to have that piece of your heart at school away from you, where you have no control over how it is treated, what people do and say, whether or not it gets hurt.

Old 01-14-2016, 06:12 PM

2,937 posts, read 1,664,859 times
Quote:
Omg no! I'm so against that unless I'm like super old. Because it just seems desperate you know? Like then I have to explain that to a kid one day
I'd much rather tell my child that I wanted them so badly that I used a sperm donor. Better than having to tell your kid their dad is a deadbeat who took off.

Quote:
Interestingly enough my therapist has the same license I will (hopefully) have in a month. She just had much more years of work and experience so.... she's only a few years older than me
What license?

Quote:
Originally Posted by magpiehere View Post
If I truly felt a strong urge to be pregnant I would consider being a surrogate.

And, I had a hormonal surge that made me want to jump on any guy with sperm but I did NOT have a huge urge to raise a child as a good parent, day after day, endlessly, for years.
Oh gosh no! Imagine if she was a surrogate who didn't want to give up the baby!

Quote:
Try to find out what is behind that strong desire and if they are trying to fill a void. If so what caused that void and how can we work to fill it now without a husband and babies
Take your own advice.

Quote:
We aren't dating we are talking he doesn't want a relationship until he out fully
So where is he? Is he deployed? Where does he live? What base is he stationed at?

Quote:
He will still have some I think? ? If not its ok I can work and he will eventually work and we can have 2 incomes. The only real concern I have with him is him coming back and having severe PTSD (but we can work through it I would be so supportive)and him cheating because he's a player I think lol but again I'm patient and supportive and if I get him I would work hard to keep him
As a military wife and a mental health professional. Combat PTSD can be horribly debilitating. Depression, alcohol, drugs, rage the list goes on.

Some of the strongest relationships don't survive it.

As someone getting a Masters in Social Work I would think you'd be more familiar with PTSD and it's effects.

You can't support away PTSD, you can't love away someone's PTSD. You can be there but it's him who needs to do the work.

Quote:
MSW and I'm hoping a good school and good resume will make it happen faster.

I don't know I intended to move back to my hometown to be closer to my now ex bf (when we were together I made the plan) now I mightstay in the city I am Becsuse the military guy is close
I can't believe you're getting an MSW. Don't decide where to live based on a man you hardly know.

Old 01-14-2016, 06:14 PM

1,039 posts, read 608,048 times
I was an amazing mom and because I was so amazing my kids left one day to start their own lives and now I barely hear from them and don't really expect to until Im a Grand.

Such is the Result of Raising Independent Intelligent Adults who Believe The World is Their Oyster and Home is something you Remember

didn't see that coming did I

Old 01-14-2016, 06:15 PM

1,170 posts, read 613,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carnivalday View Post
I have a feeling we may be dealing with an OP who is far younger than what she is telling us, someone who is very lonely, and dealing with a little fantasy. I have known of teens who were very lonely, had difficult home lives, and thought having a baby would solve all their problems.
Well whats wrong with that. I mean babies are pretty great. And they do help w/ being lonely. They are tiny and need you. They love you. Some times its nice to be needed and it can help. A baby is life changing. Some ppl want that change and it is positive.

Old 01-14-2016, 06:20 PM

6,015 posts, read 2,706,779 times
Quote:
Omg no! I'm so against that unless I'm like super old. Because it just seems desperate you know? Like then I have to explain that to a kid one day

If you marry someone just to have kids and end up divorced because of it or have kids because you are obsessed with having one without having the maturity to care for them properly in any way be it financially, emotionally or whatever you will also likely have to explain that to a kid as well one day.

You sound VERY immature. I would not want to be your child!

Grow up. Stabilize your life emotionally/financially. Pursue relationships naturally. Let things take their course. Choose someone who will cherish you and be a good father to your children. Then have a child.

Slow down you probably have 15 or more years to have a child. Not saying you need to wait 15 years, but you also don't need to have a child at 26, just because your hormones or feelings are screaming at you.

Old 01-14-2016, 06:20 PM

14,212 posts, read 9,629,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by upsadaisy View Post
Well whats wrong with that. I mean babies are pretty great. And they do help w/ being lonely. They are tiny and need you. They love you. Some times its nice to be needed and it can help. A baby is life changing. Some ppl want that change and it is positive.

Old 01-14-2016, 06:23 PM

17,602 posts, read 21,797,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by upsadaisy View Post
Seriously? "babies help with being lonely".....

That is wrong on so, so many levels.

Old 01-14-2016, 06:25 PM

1,170 posts, read 613,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~HecateWhisperCat~ View Post
Why that face? My nephew makes me happy and I have suffered from feeling lonely. Its not that crazy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or