U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2016, 05:48 PM

2,237 posts, read 2,760,622 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gab12 View Post
Mostly all the people I know except 1 friend who wants to travel which is... wasteful to me
Travel is not wasteful. Learning more about the world and the people that live here with us can help you to be a better person.

Travel helps you see the diversity of the human race.

Travel makes you smarter. Small environment, small mind. Broad environment, broad intelligence.
15 Reasons Why Being Abroad Will Make You Smarter
Here's Why Travel Makes You Smarter
How travel makes you smarter, sexier and more productive | Lonely Planet blog
9 Reasons Why Travelling Makes You Smarter
How Studying or Working Abroad Makes You Smarter

You really need to grow up before having a baby yourself. If you have a child now, I will be scared for them. You are all about YOU, YOU, YOU and seem to have little thought for the real baby or the father of said baby. You are living in a fantasy and that is NOT healthy for you, but especially for a baby. Work on actually liking yourself and then some guy might like you too. Why would someone want to hang with you when YOU don't want to hang with you???

Old 01-14-2016, 05:48 PM

1,170 posts, read 611,489 times
Quote:
That makes me feel a little better but likely those women met their person by 25. Maybe I'm just from a small area where people do that young
It's ok! I totally understand you. Most of the girls in my graduating high school colas are married or engaged and have kids or are pregnant. It can be tough. What you want is natural so dont worry about it.

Old 01-14-2016, 05:49 PM

14,212 posts, read 9,621,371 times
Quote:
That makes me feel a little better but likely those women met their person by 25. Maybe I'm just from a small area where people do that young
Some do, and some don't. Ultimately who cares if they do? Learn how to be happy with yourself.

Old 01-14-2016, 05:56 PM

741 posts, read 348,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DitsyD View Post
Travel is not wasteful. Learning more about the world and the people that live here with us can help you to be a better person.

Travel helps you see the diversity of the human race.

Travel makes you smarter. Small environment, small mind. Broad environment, broad intelligence.
15 Reasons Why Being Abroad Will Make You Smarter
Here's Why Travel Makes You Smarter
How travel makes you smarter, sexier and more productive | Lonely Planet blog
9 Reasons Why Travelling Makes You Smarter
How Studying or Working Abroad Makes You Smarter

You really need to grow up before having a baby yourself. If you have a child now, I will be scared for them. You are all about YOU, YOU, YOU and seem to have little thought for the real baby or the father of said baby. You are living in a fantasy and that is NOT healthy for you, but especially for a baby. Work on actually liking yourself and then some guy might like you too. Why would someone want to hang with you when YOU don't want to hang with you???
That's the thing I hang with myself all the time im sick of it. I want to spend my time worth another person

Old 01-14-2016, 05:57 PM

16,491 posts, read 15,940,606 times
Quote:
I guess for me I just want to experience it. I want so badly to have those things and I'm 25 now most people meet their person before 25. I have girls in my program in relationships and engaged who are my age and younger. I'm ready I would be great as a gf and wife and mom. I was so patient with my ex and forgiving and kind

The ages of the brides in the last weddings that I attended were 37, 34, 29 and 39 and they were all first marriages.

The most recent wedding that I attended both the bride and groom were 34 years old. They have been in a steady relationship since they were freshman in college --- 16 years ago.

They waited to get married until they both had finished all of their college degrees, paid off all of their student loans, had enough money saved to pay 100% for their wedding, had a substantial down payment for a house, and extra savings and were well established in their careers. They got married and are now planning to have a child.

Hmmm, compare that to the success story that you told us earlier ---the girl who had a baby at age 17 and managed to stay with the baby-daddy for an entire 12 months after their baby was born.

Frankly, I'm pretty confident that my friends will stay together a lot longer than 12 months after their baby is born. If I live long enough I fully expect to dance at their golden wedding anniversary party.

OP, your perspective of "normal" is way off.

Old 01-14-2016, 05:59 PM

One thing I will say is about a year ago I did think I was pregnant and it was so scary. But I was happy because the guy was ok well he seemed ok but he ended up being mean. Only reason I was scared was because I had JUST started graduate school and had no money.

Old 01-14-2016, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by germaine2626 View Post
The ages of the brides in the last weddings that I attended were 37, 34, 29 and 39 and they were all first marriages.

The most recent wedding that I attended both the bride and groom were 34 years old. They have been in a steady relationship since they were freshman in college --- 16 years ago.

They waited to get married until they both had finished all of their college degrees, paid off all of their student loans, had enough money saved to pay 100% for their wedding, had a substantial down payment for a house, and extra savings and were well established in their careers. They got married and are now planning to have a child.

Hmmm, compare that to the success story that you told us earlier ---the girl who had a baby at age 17 and managed to stay with the baby-daddy for an entire 12 months after their baby was born.

Frankly, I'm pretty confident that my friends will stay together a lot longer than 12 months after their baby is born. If I live long enough I fully expect to dance at their golden wedding anniversary party.

OP, your perspective of "normal" is way off.
That was my former therapist and she got married to someone at 20 and has been married for like 20 years.

I'm going to be a social worker I probably won't even be able to support myself with just my income. Also those people knew eachother for 16 years I'm 25 already I need to meet someone like today and start working on getting engaged after a year at most

Old 01-14-2016, 06:04 PM

13,496 posts, read 13,981,177 times
Quote:
That was my former therapist and she got married to someone at 20 and has been married for like 20 years.

I'm going to be a social worker I probably won't even be able to support myself with just my income. Also those people knew eachother for 16 years I'm 25 already I need to meet someone like today and start working on getting engaged after a year at most
and what if you never meet someone that wants to give you a baby? you need to figure out how to be content with yourself.

Old 01-14-2016, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
and what if you never meet someone that wants to give you a baby? you need to figure out how to be content with yourself.
I wouldn't be with someone who didn't want a baby

Old 01-14-2016, 06:08 PM

1,170 posts, read 611,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
Thats incredibly mean. Some of us were born to be mothers and know it will happen for us. Why should she not think she has a chance to find some one? Why not her? Shes a child of God. She has the chsnce to find true love and settle down. Why should she think any different. Why bring her down

The word never is negative.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or