Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2016, 07:10 PM

2,936 posts, read 2,334,944 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibbiekat View Post
I don't know what this means, but I take it you haven't thought about that possibility. You really need to consider that. Even the most stable marriages are tested when kids are in the picture. Weak ones don't stand a chance.
Such good advice. Statistically, the first few years after having a child are the hardest years of marriage. Even the strongest couples struggle.

Old 01-14-2016, 07:11 PM

1,038 posts, read 902,872 times
ok so here's what we have

+ = op will be satisfied for 9 months, best case

- = too many to count starting with Guaranteed Poverty and Statistical Likelihood of the Child Growing Up Delinquent or Delayed - straight past Cant Afford It, do not collect $200, pay it for the prenatal checkup thanks bye

Old 01-14-2016, 07:13 PM

741 posts, read 478,729 times
Quote:
I don't know what this means, but I take it you haven't thought about that possibility. You really need to consider that. Even the most stable marriages are tested when kids are in the picture. Weak ones don't stand a chance.
Having CP I worry about simple things like carrying my baby around would be hard the weight shift of being pregnant will be hard I know I'll likely spend a huge part of pregnancy on bedrest another reason I need a husband

Old 01-14-2016, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeHa View Post
A baby is not that person. Neither is a long distance relationship with a guy in the military. And I say this as someone who was long distance with my now husband for over 5 years.

I can't believe someone with your vocabulary and writing style is actually 25 and in grad school.

Seriously? You're in grad school for a degree that you don't think you will be able to find a job that pays enough? You didn't think this through first?

I think you completely missed what hothulamaui was saying. She's saying that you need to be to be alone and still be happy. You need to love yourself first before you can love anyone else.

Yes, yes and yes. I couldn't of imagined being pregnant (granted I'm not having kids) in grad school or while I was working towards my license.

You can't lose something you never had.

Have you ever done any research on what jobs you can get and what they pay for a MSW?
Most jobs out here start in the high 30s or low 40s. I love what I do daily. I can support myself I just think having help would be easier. The military guy... I just want to be with him I can't describe it he's just so perfect for me.

Old 01-14-2016, 07:19 PM

1,304 posts, read 1,137,939 times
Gab, have a baby when you want. Money doesnt matter, people have raised family's with less. If you are ready to have a baby and have love to give then go for it but if I were you I would wait and be married first. But it is your life so do as you wish. You dont have to wait to be done with school and rich before havin a baby. Theres never a perfect time. Just do whats best for you. And if you end up a little strapped after you give birth there is always wic and other programs that can help if you need to get on your feet. But I do hope you find the right man.

Old 01-14-2016, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lol-its-good4U View Post
Okay now that I've read several pages here is my take:

Unless you are able to pay ANY expenses for any children you produce BY YOURSELF - don't do it!

IF you're going to procreate and or have sex without protection, both of you get STD tested FREQUENTLY!

IF you're going to be with the military player, don't be surprised that you'll get played against later.

Don't let any illogic as well as your mind inside you below your waist dominate your destiny at least way too early.

In essence PLEASE WAKE UP and see what's going on out there, go to the dating sites as a reminder/education and see the majority of women who are divorced (verses single) and or with young children - do you want to potentially want to be an addition to these "statistics"? Don't say that "it won't happen to you" because in the way the "me-me" society is on the whole these days the odds are not in anybody's favor although there are "some" couples who do stand the test of time.

I'll stress: THIS IS WHY IF YOU NEED TO GO THROUGH WITH THIS THE SECOND SENTENCE I WROTE IS IMPORTANT SO TO NOT HAVE TO RELY ON ANY MAN/MEN WHEN THEY POTENTIALLY COULD SKIP OUT ON RESPONSIBILITIES AT LEAST FINANCIALLY OF BEING THE BIRTH'S FATHER AND YOU'LL ALSO POTENTIALLY NEED TO PAY FOR DAYCARE IN ADDITION TO YOUR OTHER LIVING EXPENSES.

I have given you tough love in caring about your welfare - kindly take it as you will.
Thank you.

Old 01-14-2016, 07:26 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,171,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gab12 View Post
I would be like 40 before I make enough to fully support myself and a kid that's horrible
Then don't have one until then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by upsadaisy View Post
Gab, have a baby when you want. Money doesnt matter, people have raised family's with less. If you are ready to have a baby and have love to give then go for it but if I were you I would wait and be married first. But it is your life so do as you wish. You dont have to wait to be done with school and rich before havin a baby. Theres never a perfect time. Just do whats best for you. And if you end up a little strapped after you give birth there is always wic and other programs that can help if you need to get on your feet. But I do hope you find the right man.
How old are you? You sound like a teenager who doesn't understand how the real world works.

Old 01-14-2016, 07:27 PM

Quote:

How old are you? You sound like a teenager who doesn't understand how the real world works.
Who wants to be a 40 year old mom lol that's awful

Old 01-14-2016, 07:30 PM

1,304 posts, read 1,137,939 times
Quote:

Im 22! I take care of my whole family. I know how the world works.

Old 01-14-2016, 07:33 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,281,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by upsadaisy View Post
Im 22! I take care of my whole family. I know how the world works.
Sure, and I spend my evenings as a masked super hero, while freeing the city from crime. Everyone needs a hobby.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting