U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 01-14-2016, 08:00 PM
 
Location: North Carolina
1,255 posts, read 710,194 times
Reputation: 1692

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
You do realize that in some states you can have children taken from you for not having adequate living conditions?
Ive been in foster care a few times before I went back to my mom. Trust me... Its horrible. We may not always have every thing but they are worse places. Trust me I know.

And Im getting it back on next week just didn't have enough money.

 
Old 01-14-2016, 08:01 PM
 
3,723 posts, read 2,132,968 times
Reputation: 4304
Quote:
Originally Posted by upsadaisy View Post
I said me... Not kids or a baby. I'm an adult. I would never let kids go hungry
Why are you, a childless 22 year old woman, helping to raise an irresponsible sister's baby? You have your own life to live and wouldn't that scare away potential dates as well? You have to look out for number 1 at all times.
 
Old 01-14-2016, 08:04 PM
 
2,937 posts, read 1,782,174 times
Reputation: 6659
Quote:
Originally Posted by upsadaisy View Post
Gab, have a baby when you want. Money doesnt matter, people have raised family's with less. If you are ready to have a baby and have love to give then go for it but if I were you I would wait and be married first. But it is your life so do as you wish. You dont have to wait to be done with school and rich before havin a baby. Theres never a perfect time. Just do whats best for you. And if you end up a little strapped after you give birth there is always wic and other programs that can help if you need to get on your feet. But I do hope you find the right man.
You don't have a kid when your backup plan is government assistance.

Money does matter, Sorry but you're not 5 years old anymore. You can't just ignore reality. If you are actually 22 and caring for your whole family I would think you'd understand that life freaking sucks when you're broke. You say you're living without heat, how can you say money doesn't matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gab12 View Post
Who wants to be a 40 year old mom lol that's awful
Um you do realize if you have a kid at any point you will be a mom at 40 and 50 and 60 and on it doesn't end. If you can't picture yourself being a parent at 40 don't have kids.

Quote:
Originally Posted by upsadaisy View Post
Im 22! I take care of my whole family. I know how the world works.
No you obviously don't. At all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gab12 View Post
25 and in high school I remember they stopped that program for whatever reason. I haven't ever had a pet. When I move after graduation I might get a puppy but idk depends on my schedule I'm not a big animal person
Start with a plant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gab12 View Post
I didnt mean it to be offensive. I just wouldn't want to be an older parent


Quote:
Originally Posted by upsadaisy View Post
Im only encouraging her to do what feels right for her. Havin a family is an amazing gift I think every one deserves that shot, whether you have money or dont.
Quote:
Originally Posted by upsadaisy View Post
Your talking to some one who literally has no heat in their house lol. I know what reality is I live it. But I also believe love conquers all. You may have very little but if you have love and family then you can make it. Some times I go hungry and go without, but its okay. You dont need money just need to get creative. Ppl have raised families with less and done just fine.
No. Sorry. Life isn't a Disney movie. Love does not conquer all, not everyone finds their prince. You can't survive on love and family. That's not how the world works.
 
Old 01-14-2016, 08:04 PM
 
Location: here
24,839 posts, read 30,075,301 times
Reputation: 32401
Quote:
Originally Posted by upsadaisy View Post
Ive been in foster care a few times before I went back to my mom. Trust me... Its horrible. We may not always have every thing but they are worse places. Trust me I know.

And Im getting it back on next week just didn't have enough money.
You've been in foster care because your mom can't take care of you, but you think it is perfectly fine to advise someone else to put herself in the same situation? I'm sorry you have apparently had a rough upbringing, and don't know any better, but this is not normal. This is not how a functional family works.
 
Old 01-14-2016, 08:05 PM
 
Location: North Carolina
1,255 posts, read 710,194 times
Reputation: 1692
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ312 View Post
Why are you, a childless 22 year old woman, helping to raise an irresponsible sister's baby? You have your own life to live and wouldn't that scare away potential dates as well? You have to look out for number 1 at all times.
Long story she does drugs and my mom drinks and they can't work. Just a bad situation but I have given it to The Lord and have let it go. I love them and pray for them. I can only do what I can do and every day I try and do my best
 
Old 01-14-2016, 08:05 PM
 
Location: North America
14,210 posts, read 10,104,197 times
Reputation: 5547
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gab12 View Post
Haven't you ever just met someone and it just clicked and you just knew it was amazing
Nope
 
Old 01-14-2016, 08:06 PM
 
Location: Middle of nowhere
20,331 posts, read 10,442,079 times
Reputation: 7964
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gab12 View Post
He just doesn't like to text. I just have to show him that I am the kind of girl he should be with. I am a quality person. maybe he just doesn't want anything serious right now? But he said when he is out he wants a wife and to have kids. I just have to really show him that I am best for him
No, you need to get your head straight.
 
Old 01-14-2016, 08:06 PM
 
Location: here
24,839 posts, read 30,075,301 times
Reputation: 32401
Quote:
Originally Posted by upsadaisy View Post
Long story she does drugs and my mom drinks and they can't work. Just a bad situation but I have given it to The Lord and have let it go. I love them and pray for them. I can only do what I can do and every day I try and do my best
How's that working for you?
 
Old 01-14-2016, 08:07 PM
 
Location: North America
14,210 posts, read 10,104,197 times
Reputation: 5547
Quote:
Originally Posted by upsadaisy View Post
Agreed! I hope God will guide her and the right man together. Its tough waiting for your prince to come :/ it really stinks.
God has more important things to manage than making sure some yahoo finds a husband.
 
Old 01-14-2016, 08:08 PM
 
Location: Out West
22,707 posts, read 16,813,625 times
Reputation: 26287
Quote:
Originally Posted by upsadaisy View Post
Gab, have a baby when you want. Money doesnt matter, people have raised family's with less. If you are ready to have a baby and have love to give then go for it but if I were you I would wait and be married first. But it is your life so do as you wish. You dont have to wait to be done with school and rich before havin a baby. Theres never a perfect time. Just do whats best for you. And if you end up a little strapped after you give birth there is always wic and other programs that can help if you need to get on your feet. But I do hope you find the right man.
And that is exactly why I posted what I did. People should not be planning their lives on the fact that, "Hey, whatever, if it goes south, I can just take wic and welfare".

We want to stop people from this type of thinking, not promote it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top