Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2016, 09:34 PM

2,936 posts, read 2,333,000 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by upsadaisy View Post
Thats not true. Im sorry you feel that way but I believe in love and magic and I think we are all capable of finding love like in Disney movies. I live with that hope. Sorry that you dont. You just cant understand that just because you are poor doesn't mean you can't care for a child.
Life is not a Disney movie. Love is not a Disney movie. A relationship, a marriage, parenting, they are all hard work. They take time and attention and dedication. But if you want to sit around waiting for prince charming good luck.

I swear Disney has screwed up a whole generation of girls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gab12 View Post
Right now he is stationed in another state so when he is back we can see how it goes. He is just beautiful like everything about him is just everything I want in a person. He's beautiful perfection all rolled up in a human being. Literally I just know I want him if he gives me the chance and we hook up then I mean... idk I am ok with however anything happens.
Ahahhahahaha He's not deployed? He's in another state but hardly texts you, does he ever call you or Skype with you? That's not how a man that is interest in you acts. He's not playing hard to get, he's giving you a very CLEAR message about his feelings and intentions towards you.

Quote:
Whats wrong with fairy tales?? Stranger things have happened. Fairy tales are just love stories, about finding love. You have to believe in magic there's nothing wrong with that. I really so believe my prince will come some day. Not an actual prince lol but a man who is like a prince with his character and good heart. And I do pray to God to help me find the one. Nothing wrong with that.
No you don't have to believe in magic. If you want to believe in something, believe in yourself! Don't wait for a prince to come along and make your life complete. Go out and live your life, now, here, in the moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibbiekat View Post
omg, I thought you meant he was in Afghanistan or something, not in another state! Ya, he's just not that into you.
Yupp. I'm sure his buddies are getting a good laugh about this girl their buddy met twice who won't leave him alone.

Quote:
Why do you say that? That isn't true at all. He is we skyped the other night and we went out and we made out and he said a bunch of stuff about babies and how impressed he was by me and how beautiful I am.
You guys Skype the other night?

Quote:
Just because we think differently does not make us dumb or trolls :/
Just naive.

Quote:
By the time he is back I will have graduated and hopefully have my license. I will also hopefully have a job or be really really searching.

I always get tested but obviously I would want him to but it's scary to ask because... some guys don't like it. That happened before. I am just going to let him go with the flow of what he wants I'll suggest protection though
What license? Your LCSW?

Quote:
But it's ok. I mean he is in another state right now so he can do what he wants. I think the big thing will be how he is towards me when he is back
I doubt you'll ever hear from him whenever he does get back.

Quote:
He said he just doesn't like to text, sometimes he feels "antisocial". He will occasionally text me. The crappy thing is that when we used to talk this summer he would text me all day every day. It was amazing
Guys who are into you, text. A guy who wants to talk to you, will. His silence is a LOUD message.

Quote:
You make him sound bad. I like the aggression, it is so attractive to me. He is like forceful like I just knew from when we were out he just gets an attitude but it was so sexy. I am just so attracted to him.
Oy

Old 01-14-2016, 09:35 PM

13,980 posts, read 25,939,932 times
I can't believe in this day and age young women are still pinning their hopes on a man, any man to make them feel whole. If it isn't the right man, it won't work. If you marry for the wrong reasons, it won't work. And if you have a child thinking it will strengthen the relationship, it won't work.

Old 01-14-2016, 09:39 PM

741 posts, read 478,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeHa View Post
Life is not a Disney movie. Love is not a Disney movie. A relationship, a marriage, parenting, they are all hard work. They take time and attention and dedication. But if you want to sit around waiting for prince charming good luck.

I swear Disney has screwed up a whole generation of girls.

Ahahhahahaha He's not deployed? He's in another state but hardly texts you, does he ever call you or Skype with you? That's not how a man that is interest in you acts. He's not playing hard to get, he's giving you a very CLEAR message about his feelings and intentions towards you.

No you don't have to believe in magic. If you want to believe in something, believe in yourself! Don't wait for a prince to come along and make your life complete. Go out and live your life, now, here, in the moment.

Yupp. I'm sure his buddies are getting a good laugh about this girl their buddy met twice who won't leave him alone.

You guys Skype the other night?

Just naive.

What license? Your LCSW?

I doubt you'll ever hear from him whenever he does get back.

Guys who are into you, text. A guy who wants to talk to you, will. His silence is a LOUD message.

Oy
I am studying for the LCSW and I will hopefully be ready next month. He said he wants a family. I even asked him I said "I feel like maybe you're just lonely there and you talk to me but when your back you won't like me anymore" and he said that won't happen and I worry too much and and I asked "what about if you meet someone like one of your little friends" and he said "I have no friends why do you think I didn't go out when I was on leave accept with my family". He also said that he ignores his brother and family too so it isn't just me.

Old 01-14-2016, 09:47 PM

7,685 posts, read 6,192,098 times
Please please please take several steps back and REALLY REALLY RE-EVALUATE the entire thing!!!

Take your time - your future and your happiness is in the balance and you only get ONE life.

Old 01-14-2016, 09:50 PM

7,685 posts, read 6,192,098 times
ALSO:

I have told this to many people who have asked me for advice who later most came back thanking me for saying this: "PLEASE DON'T FOOL YOURSELF!"

Old 01-14-2016, 10:08 PM

9,006 posts, read 13,831,283 times
Maybe i am being an ass,but why in this day and age must a woman wait for a man to have kids?

Go get what you want OP.
If thats a baby,so be it.

You have a mother or other relatives to help you out?

Its not 1888 anymore,heck not even 1988.

Old 01-14-2016, 10:16 PM

19,480 posts, read 25,132,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
Maybe i am being an ass,but why in this day and age must a woman wait for a man to have kids?

Go get what you want OP.

Isn't that a contradiction?

You are telling her that a woman does not need a man but does need a mother or other relatives to help her if she wants kids?

Old 01-14-2016, 10:48 PM

13,980 posts, read 25,939,932 times
Quote:

Go get what you want OP.

Because it's an incredibly selfish way to act. This woman is neither financially nor mentally fit to take on raising a child at this point. Using a child to fill a void in her own life dooms her and the child to a life of diappointment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by germaine2626 View Post
Isn't that a contradiction?

You are telling her that a woman does not need a man but does need a mother or other relatives to help her if she wants kids?
Good point!

Old 01-14-2016, 10:56 PM

4,053 posts, read 8,251,417 times
Quote:

Go get what you want OP.

But children do need their father in their lives.

Old 01-14-2016, 10:58 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,212,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by photobuff42 View Post
But children do need their father in their lives.
No they don't, it is nice if he is around and involved but he is not required and in some instances it is best if neither biological parent is involved.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting