U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2016, 02:45 PM

741 posts, read 348,004 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by puginabug View Post
Has no one noticed that the OP has mentioned several times that she has CP? She walks with a cane and said earlier in this thread that she thinks she will need help handling the baby, as in picking it up, etc.

OP, have you talked to your doctor about possible complications getting pregnant and giving birth with this disorder? I am not very familiar at all, but I think it's possible to go through a pregnancy with CP. But I believe you should have a strong support system in order to do so.

This is just another issue that screams "WAIT"!
I haven't talked to my doctor I just figured it would be ok but more difficult it just affects my legs. Makes balance hard

Old 01-15-2016, 02:45 PM

14,212 posts, read 9,611,695 times
Oh lord, is this still going on?

Old 01-15-2016, 02:48 PM

3,270 posts, read 2,476,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gab12 View Post
I haven't talked to my doctor I just figured it would be ok but more difficult it just affects my legs. Makes balance hard
Have you read up on it? Maybe you should do that too, as well as ask your doctor.....just to make sure.

Old 01-15-2016, 02:50 PM

10,090 posts, read 6,489,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by puginabug View Post
Has no one noticed that the OP has mentioned several times that she has CP? She walks with a cane and said earlier in this thread that she thinks she will need help handling the baby, as in picking it up, etc.

OP, have you talked to your doctor about possible complications getting pregnant and giving birth with this disorder? I am not very familiar at all, but I think it's possible to go through a pregnancy with CP. But I believe you should have a strong support system in order to do so.

This is just another issue that screams "WAIT"!
I noticed it. I made a whole post about the extra support you need to have in place when you are a parent with a disability. She ignored it...everyone did. But to me, that is a HUGE issue. She could end up losing her kid if there are things she can't safely provide once the baby-daddy leaves her. And she will be under a microscope to make sure she is able to keep the child safe and all their needs met. Disabled people can be fantastic parents, but need to have extra support in place.

I actually know a man with CP dropped his child, the child broke a limb and all the children were taken away for a few days until they could promise that he would no longer be picking up the child from a standing position and there would be another person around until the child was older.

Old 01-15-2016, 02:50 PM

1,039 posts, read 606,413 times
Quote:
You want to be more concerned about controlling a hefty able bodied and irritated 14 year old if you're disabled, than dropping a baby.

Old 01-15-2016, 02:53 PM

10,090 posts, read 6,489,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie Jean McGee View Post
You want to be more concerned about controlling a hefty able bodied and irritated 14 year old if you're disabled, than dropping a baby.

Geeze, there is a lot of violence in your life with teens, isn't there? I don't know a lot of people who have had to physically control their teenagers...and I have had them. I did get slapped by a teen foster daughter once, but other then that, there were not physical issues with her or my other kids when they were teens.

Old 01-15-2016, 03:05 PM

3,462 posts, read 1,694,963 times
Quote:
I mean you can think what you want. I am. I'm not going to get pregnant tomorrow. I'm thinking more when the military guy is back which is summer fall time. I think if I have a job and apartment that's all I need and he will be a happy dad because he wants kids and be supportive and he will have medical and stuff and our income will be decent together I think
You seem to want it all (pun intended).

Old 01-15-2016, 03:11 PM

2,937 posts, read 1,660,862 times
Quote:
Well I thought this couldn't get any worse. You have a physical disability that could have massive impacts on pregnancy and beyond but you haven't even talked to your OBGYN about getting pregnant.

Old 01-15-2016, 03:12 PM

2,932 posts, read 1,651,620 times
Report: Celebrities Aren't the Only Women Having Kids Over 40

Old 01-15-2016, 03:15 PM

741 posts, read 348,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFlyingBird View Post
I noticed it. I made a whole post about the extra support you need to have in place when you are a parent with a disability. She ignored it...everyone did. But to me, that is a HUGE issue. She could end up losing her kid if there are things she can't safely provide once the baby-daddy leaves her. And she will be under a microscope to make sure she is able to keep the child safe and all their needs met. Disabled people can be fantastic parents, but need to have extra support in place.

I actually know a man with CP dropped his child, the child broke a limb and all the children were taken away for a few days until they could promise that he would no longer be picking up the child from a standing position and there would be another person around until the child was older.
I didnt ignore it. I read it. It's just a more difficult thing to talk about. I mean I have managed all this time carrying books and backpacks and walking around in the snow. I do things all the time that people think I can't
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or