U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2016, 05:24 PM

2,951 posts, read 1,654,475 times

Advertisements

I was being facetious when I said that she should do whatever it takes to nab the military guy.

Just got tired of reading the same thing over and over, and seeing that she was ignoring all of the good advice.

This entire thread is either an epic trolling episode or the OP is mentally ill.

Old 01-15-2016, 05:25 PM

2,937 posts, read 1,661,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gab12 View Post
No I haven't. At must about 8 hours. And I do want it now but I know I can't at this very moment I'm going to wait until things are going well with military guy
Okay, this isn't funny anymore. You've made such statements as you believe you'll have a perfect happy calm baby who never cries. You've never taken care of an infant. You're young and insecure, you're not in a stable relationship, you're not financially prepared, you don't even know how it will effect your CP!

But knowing now that you've never taken care of an infant. You're a high risk parent for things like shaken baby syndrome. Don't get pregnant.

Old 01-15-2016, 05:44 PM

14,212 posts, read 9,614,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibbiekat View Post
Average Age Of First-Time Moms Keeps Climbing In The U.S. : Shots - Health News : NPR

Contrary to your perception, most people having babies are not younger than you.
Pointed out the same thing . In Europe and Asia it's even higher than that .

Old 01-15-2016, 05:57 PM

24 posts, read 13,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by patches403 View Post
Apparently you haven't read much of this thread or the 3 other threads the OP has started about the same subject. If you had, you would know the OP says she is a 25 year old grad student, says she has had a lot of therapy and currently has a therapist whose advice she is not following. The OP may not have started out trolling, but she's certainly trolling now because she keeps making additional posts that appear to have no purpose other than to get a reaction and keep this thread going to get more people to continue to post the same advice that has already been given to her hundreds of times before.
I'm sorry for being rude. And no I haven't read her other two threads, or much of this one cuz ya know we're almost at the 50 page mark. I just don't think she's trolling. I honestly think she has some mental issues. Because if she does have that baby, it'll be really serious, a danger to her and the baby. I hate to take something so lightly because it may or may not be trolling.

Old 01-15-2016, 06:04 PM

10,090 posts, read 6,492,743 times
Quote:
I didnt ignore it. I read it. It's just a more difficult thing to talk about. I mean I have managed all this time carrying books and backpacks and walking around in the snow. I do things all the time that people think I can't
I don't doubt that. And I also strongly believe disabled people can be amazing parents.

Part of me wonders that your urge to get pregnant ASAP has something to to with your CP. Maybe proving others wrong? Maybe the urge is that you are worried it is something you will never have? I do think there is a link. And I think you should talk to your therapist about it...because I think it is part of your dealing with having CP.

You could be a wonderful parent one day...but not now. Not soon. You aren't even close to being at the end of your bio clock. Give it time. Create a strong base. You can do this...just not now.

Not for one second do I think you have had it easy. And also I don't think for one second you can't do what you put your mind to. People growing up with disabilities grow such resilience. Be proud of that.

Its just not time for a baby. It will be...but not yet.

Old 01-15-2016, 06:12 PM

10,090 posts, read 6,492,743 times
I want to say one more thing...and this is for you to consider. I don't know it to be a medical fact. But I have dealt with very may people with CP, different degrees, different physical and intellectual manifestations. But one thing they all seemed to have in common was poor impulse control and poor planning. It was like there was deficits in the pre frontal cortex. They could be bright as heck, charming or talented. But the planning and impulse was off. And it tended to cause problems in their lives.

Again, this is personal experience. Don't take it as law. But I see this in the OP's words too. Which means it may not be mental illness...but maybe other deficits.

And this is for the OP...something worth looking at. Is this a problem? Could it be a problem? And how can you work around it?

Old 01-15-2016, 07:14 PM

741 posts, read 348,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeHa View Post
Okay, this isn't funny anymore. You've made such statements as you believe you'll have a perfect happy calm baby who never cries. You've never taken care of an infant. You're young and insecure, you're not in a stable relationship, you're not financially prepared, you don't even know how it will effect your CP!

But knowing now that you've never taken care of an infant. You're a high risk parent for things like shaken baby syndrome. Don't get pregnant.
I haven't for 24 hours no. But I have baby sat for a day it was amazing. I am not 12 I know about babies and what to do and not to do

Old 01-15-2016, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFlyingBird View Post
I don't doubt that. And I also strongly believe disabled people can be amazing parents.

Part of me wonders that your urge to get pregnant ASAP has something to to with your CP. Maybe proving others wrong? Maybe the urge is that you are worried it is something you will never have? I do think there is a link. And I think you should talk to your therapist about it...because I think it is part of your dealing with having CP.

You could be a wonderful parent one day...but not now. Not soon. You aren't even close to being at the end of your bio clock. Give it time. Create a strong base. You can do this...just not now.

Not for one second do I think you have had it easy. And also I don't think for one second you can't do what you put your mind to. People growing up with disabilities grow such resilience. Be proud of that.

Its just not time for a baby. It will be...but not yet.
I think thats totally how it started just wanting to show I can do it and I'm desirable and someone would want me enough to make a baby and then it just spiraled from there

Old 01-15-2016, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFlyingBird View Post
I want to say one more thing...and this is for you to consider. I don't know it to be a medical fact. But I have dealt with very may people with CP, different degrees, different physical and intellectual manifestations. But one thing they all seemed to have in common was poor impulse control and poor planning. It was like there was deficits in the pre frontal cortex. They could be bright as heck, charming or talented. But the planning and impulse was off. And it tended to cause problems in their lives.

Again, this is personal experience. Don't take it as law. But I see this in the OP's words too. Which means it may not be mental illness...but maybe other deficits.

And this is for the OP...something worth looking at. Is this a problem? Could it be a problem? And how can you work around it?
I think I plan out things a lot I mean I posted here and didn't just go have unprotected sex with the next person who would do it. I think that's good of me. I'm not understanding the questionsthough?

Old 01-15-2016, 07:27 PM

20,598 posts, read 15,424,228 times
Dear Disney and Hollywood:

Please start showing the part after the "happily ever after" line/act. Apparently some girls actually believe that real life is just like the movies.

Sincerely,

300,000,000 Concerned Citizens

Quote:
I know some of them. He has a nephew that he is crazy about and we even talked about how jealous we are of people who get to be young and have families (he is a twin and his brother was married and has a child). Other than that idk I imagine him as being a good dad and gentle and supportive. I think he is aggressive with other people, like when we went out the bartender took a long time to go over to us and he was irritated and made some comments. Then we were leaving and a girl walked out in front of him and he made some comments loudly. He has been in some trouble for fighting but it was years ago. He went to the military right after he graduated, but he's going to go to college when he's back but not sure for what yet. Idk about his friendships I know he has a lot of girls on his FB and a lot of his friends are his military buddies. I honestly have no idea about some of the other stuff.

I think he is truthful kind of. I don't fully believe him when he says he doesn't talk to other girls but at the same time he is away and so maybe he gets a free pass when he is gone and when he's out of the military and back here then we can see how things are. He seems mature and intelligent I guess. I don't really know.
That's not a good guy. That's a jerk.

Mature? Screaming at the bartender and random girls? You call that mature?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or